Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class (22710 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by officialwdhtv: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
OAU lecturer assaults student for refusing to switch off her phone while in his class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY8tAmc-eLE

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzY3cDYpX8U/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

In the viral video, the lecturer, Dr Ariyo of the Department of Electrical Engineering, could be heard asking her to switch off her phone but she refused

“You can’t be more than me” he said to her

He got angry and forcefully took the phone from her and then punched and pushed her

#wetindeyhappentv

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by illicit(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
Well...

🥴

3 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by LeoDeKing: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by David278: 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
Old

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Treasure17(m): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
Gen Z no send you.

30 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by freshkpomo(m): 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2023

This girl get mind o, try this rubbish for Uniben that year na home and away the lecturer go beat you.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by pradoyeep: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
Switch off that phone now...

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Pierocash(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
Good. Some people can be very unruly and disrespectful to constituted authorities...

What does it cost her to switch off the phone? Nothing, just arrogance, headiness, and pride.

195 Likes 16 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by TANID(m): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
pradoyeep:
Switch off that phone now...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Westerhoffe(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
A generation that lost it all…

Honestly, how children of nowadays are raised is very disappointing.
During my time, you dare not talk back at an adult. You dare not even raise your head to look them in the eye when they're talking. And when they ask you to do anything, you comply before asking questions.

But these days, you'd see a toddler forming no nonsense guy/girl.
It's very degrading that some youths would be threatening to beat up an elderly…

Moral decadence.

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Blitzking: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
She deserves what she got..oau is for learning and culture...guess she attended one ajebo secondary school.

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by SAMBARRY: 11:04pm On Nov 08, 2023
All these unruly gen z's that think they are untouchable till hand touch them.i Kuku trust those old generation prof them for OAU,them go give am her size sharp sharp.

Always disrespectful with attitude issues and a dose of narcissism.e no dey hand to recognise them.them go dey Waka for road dey do selfie,them go dey cross main road dey wear headset, always half naked with one lousy rubber slippers they call crocs

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by ILoveFaith: 4:24am On Nov 09, 2023
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by jeff1607(m): 5:26am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:

Why didn't she obey first

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Raskimonojendor: 5:27am On Nov 09, 2023
The lecture hall doesn't look familiar. Kids these days are very bold. In the early 2000s, she go just manager like 2 extra years. Times have changed.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by CooldipoMPS: 5:28am On Nov 09, 2023
shocked
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 5:28am On Nov 09, 2023
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...dem go just go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin

63 Likes 13 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by DesChyko: 5:28am On Nov 09, 2023
Undue influence.

Dock her points for flouting class rules, not physically assaulting her. The world is moving on, Mr Lecturer.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by micxwell(m): 5:29am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed. Then they'll rusticate the girl as well.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by GanagiBitrus: 5:29am On Nov 09, 2023
2WRONGS can never make a RIGHT.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by frioslegend02: 5:29am On Nov 09, 2023
Maybe she was expecting a call from her Zaddy. She was really disrespectful, she could have just obeyed before complaining. See where she carry her family name go. Viral for disrespecting authority.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Fugazy2023: 5:29am On Nov 09, 2023
If I'm that lecturer, that girl will not enter my class for at least 5 classes.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Fearyourcreator: 5:30am On Nov 09, 2023
Nawa... the man for just send am out

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by tunwumi: 5:30am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
do you have parents?

42 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Aareakinwunmi(m): 5:31am On Nov 09, 2023
I support the lecturer on this.

You can't be disrespectful to lecturers, OAU is for learning and culture.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Figolouis: 5:31am On Nov 09, 2023
SOCIAL MEDIA!
Well, we only see when the lecturer is instructing/Ordering her to switch off the phone in his lecture class but never know the genesis of the issue.
We should not rush to condemn the lecturer

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Comedian2019: 5:31am On Nov 09, 2023
freshkpomo:

This girl get mind o, try this rubbish for Uniben that year na home and away the lecturer go beat you.
The student cripple?

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by sahab2325: 5:31am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
Imagine your thought on this!
Discipline is part of learning and if you are not ready to learn, you can not use your foolishness to disturb others..
I guess you also lack basic manner!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Fearyourcreator: 5:31am On Nov 09, 2023
micxwell:
He should be dismissed and jailed. Then they'll rusticate the girl as well.
Ok
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Think9ja(m): 5:32am On Nov 09, 2023
Ok
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by mogbeyiteren: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2023
The girl should be expelled as she does not deserve the university certificate because she is not worthy in character

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by nairalanda1(m): 5:33am On Nov 09, 2023
I know how to handle this

If I was the lecturer, I IGNORE. If she isn't paying attention, she will pay for it heavily....in the exam hall. When the questions come out and start looking like things she has never seen, all because she WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION IN CLASS.

I won't touch the student. Because I get an explosive temper.And if I lose it, I could get in trobule, no matter how right I am. At the end of the day, I will get in trobule.

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School / UNILORIN Website Got Attacked By Hackers (photos) / Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.