Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu (39480 Views)

Orji Kalu: Tinubu's Skill Of Delegation Is A Requirement For Modern Democracy / Orji Kalu: Tinubu’s Presidency Will Benefit Igbo People / Fayose: "I Am A Big Boy Like Orji Kalu, Tinubu" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Kwanza: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
A former governor of Lagos State and a Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, on Saturday visited the Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Kalu, in his Abuja residence.

Mr Tinubu, believed to be nursing a presidential ambition in 2023 arrived Mr Kalu’s residence at 4:25 p.m. and left at about 6:45 p.m.

He said that his meeting with the former governor of Abia “centred on the development of the country”.

“We discussed the way forward for the country and this country is important and greater than any one’s personal ambition.

“We have been together and concerned about the stability, progress, development and security of the country.

“The future of our youth is more critically important than selfish and personal intentions,’’ he said.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) recently urged the Court of Appeal, Abuja to nullify the Federal High Court ruling that stopped the retrial of Mr Kalu, over a N7 billion fraud case.

This was contained in a notice of appeal filed by EFCC against the September 29, 2021 judgment of Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja prohibiting the commission from retrying Mr Kalu.

The commission similarly filed a separate notice of appeal in respect of Mr Kalu’s firm, Slok Nigeria Limited, which Mr Ekwo also shielded from retrial.

Previously convicted of the charges, Mr Kalu, a serving senator representing Abia North, was already serving a 12-year jail term for the offences when the Supreme Court, on May 8, 2020, nullified the proceedings leading to his and his co-defendants’ conviction.

The Supreme Court’s judgment delivered on an appeal by Mr Kalu’s co-defendant, Ude Udeogu, also ordered a retrial.

The apex court anchored its decision on the grounds that the trial, the previous trial was unconstitutional because the trial judge, Mohammed Idris, lacked the jurisdiction to conduct the proceedings and deliver judgement after he had been elevated to the Court of Appeal.

Mr Kalu, the incumbent Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate, got out of prison on the apex court’s judgment by citing it in an application he filed before A.M Liman of the Federal High Court in Lagos, who promptly quashed his conviction and ordered his release.

But as soon as EFCC made a move to enforce the apex court’s order for a retrial, Mr Kalu and his firm quickly filed separate applications before Mr Ekwo, to whom the criminal case was reassigned, to stop their retrial.

Ruling on the separate applications filed by Mr Kalu and his firm, Mr Ekwo held on September 29, that the applicants cannot be prosecuted afresh in the absence of any specific order directed at them.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/496491-why-i-visited-orji-kalu-tinubu.html

4 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by abobote: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Who cares? We know both of you are partners in crime, so its expected. There's no hope in Nigeria, imagine our future in the hands of these thieves. A serial looter and an exconvict.
#oleout#
#ManUfansLivesMatters#
Modified: Finally, Ole gunar has been sacked

174 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by revived: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Alaye rest angry angry

You met him for your personal ambition sir

E go be
2023 will come and go

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Turbantheigbos: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
There must be a turbaning before the sun would rise

Al-turbani speaks!

15 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
I like the sofa

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Zico5(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
They are regrouping again to put the masses in perpetual pains. The youths need to put up a thinking cap or else these agrarian and useless men in politics will continue to mortgage the future just for their own benefits. They have started packaging rice, beans and indomie again. They know the masses are not wise, so the best is to buy them with little in order to put them in untoward suffering for another eight years again. If these people manipulate this country again then nothing can savage this country again. A word they say is enough for the wise.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by justking(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
: Poker

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Man with frog eyes, you don't need to explain to us

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Overrated833(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Dis man don chop Lagos tire

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Thryphosa(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hmmmm, talk true sir na 2023 matter una talk.

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by blazepascal(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
cool back on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by crestedaguiyi: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Abeg make we hear word. Na now day break

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
We don't care why you visited.

We only care about the future and the future is FEMALE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Tekoff: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by BAZ001: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
The future of our youth is more critically important than selfish and personal intentions,’’ he said.

Who asked you question? You very quick to tell us what you discussed but you didn’t tell us what you discussed with sanwo Olu that led to shooting at toll gate ?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Ocholu: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Let me be real with you OP;

E sure me say him go beg Mr Kalu for 2023 votes.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by akinmusi(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Tell him. We nor get tribal mark. Rest joor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by bigdammyj: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Highly Noted

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by iwaeda: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Osibajo2023: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
Osinbajo has clean record, unlike atiku

4 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by ekanx27(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
The lobbying continues.............

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by ArewaNorth: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
BAT 2023!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
Baba go and sit down

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Bugatie(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
I give it to Orji Kalu though, he’s a political master player,

He just came back from an almost political oblivion to a force to reckon with in National politics

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by ipobarecriminals: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
sad sad Pa Tee,folashade,oko Remi.Abeg sad! Shelve Ur presidential dream and support Akinwunmi,pa Osinbajo,udom Emmanuel.Not a weak /thieves

3 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by Jackson105: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
Children of hate, oya come and wail

Food is ready grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
There is absolutely nothing wrong in Tinubu visiting OUK. They are both influential members of APC so there is noting wrong if they decide to work together. Tinubu is the front runner as far as APC’s ticket is concerned so he should be the one reaching out and building bridges.

Politics is give and take. You negotiate and continue to build your base. The outcome is what matters and not the process. Hopefully, Asiwaju will continue to reach out to other stakeholders in and out of APC. The broader the coalition he can put together, the easier it will be for him to get elected in 2023.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu by mrvitalis(m): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
He ran go north they told him they had already chosen OUK so he ran back to OUK

38 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Dead Nigerian Soldiers Buried At The National Cemetery Abuja (Photos) / Osun Election: Remain Calm, We Are Studying Outcome – Oyetola Tells Supporters / Seyi Tinubu Looks Dapper In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.