Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers (7483 Views)

Ogun Workers Declare Indefinite Strike Over Unremitted Deductions / FG Releases ₦2.5 Billion For Deplorable Eleme-One Section Of East West Road / "Governor Abiodun Keeps Making ’Empty’ Promises To Us", Ogun Workers Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 6:07am On Nov 21, 2021
Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State on Friday released N2 billion to offset part of the global cooperative deductions from the state workers.

The payment, which will cover four months, is meant to address the plight of the workers and pensioners.

The governor also promised to settle the outstanding deductions by releasing one billion naira quarterly until all the entire deductions are defrayed.

Akeem Lasisi, the Chairman, Trade Union Congress, Ogun branch, disclosed this at a news conference after a meeting between the leaders of labour and pensioners’ unions and the governor.

Mr Lasisi said the governor also released another N1 billion for gratuities of state and local government pensioners.

“The new gratuities is a 100 per cent increment from the earlier quarterly payment of N500 million he had earlier commenced in 2020.

“We had a fruitful meeting with the governor today. This is a follow-up to other meetings we had before.

“In the meeting, we told the governor that workers are tensed up and restless due to the non-payment of their deductions and he agreed to do something about it.

“I am glad to inform you that he has directed the immediate release of N1 billion for the payment of gratuities and that N1 billion will be released on quarterly basis for the pensioners.

“As at today, four months of global deductions has been paid and the governor also promised to do this on quarterly basis,” he said.

Mr Lasisi said the governor has promised that promotion letters for 2018 would be fully implemented in the new year while promotion entitlements for 2019 would commence by March 2022.

According to him, Mr Abiodun told the workers to expect to enjoy their promotion entitlements for 2020 “from May or June next year”.

Also speaking, the State Chairman, Nigeria Union of Pensioners, Waidi Oloyede, appreciated the state government for the gesture.

He praised the governor for accepting to look into the monthly increment, saying that some pensioners collected as low as N5,000 monthly as pension.

Isa Olude, the state Chairman, Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria (ASCSON) and Chairman Joint Negotiations Committee called for commitment of the parties involved to build trust and avoid misunderstandings.

Speaking, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Waheed Odusile, reiterated government’s commitment to the welfare of both workers and pensioners. (NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/496469-gov-abiodun-releases-n2bn-to-offset-deductions-from-ogun-workers.html

I pray my father's own is paid ooo

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Ogaboss44(m): 6:09am On Nov 21, 2021
Listen to this amazing tune

https://audiomack.com/kelfree/song/ngozi
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by BlackfireX: 6:16am On Nov 21, 2021
I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 21, 2021
BlackfireX:
I don't understand
What don't you understand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by LibertyRep: 7:47am On Nov 21, 2021
Great.

He should also attend to the embarrassing, abandoned road projects across the state.

How can a government allow the tag of ' cluelessness' to stick for so long?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by GlobalWay: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2021
Why deduct what they have worked and sweated for in the first place?! Greedy lots everymwhere. Love of many has truly waxed cold!

4 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2021
The governor also promised to settle the outstanding deductions by releasing one billion naira quarterly until all the entire deductions are defrayed.
Good start.
I hope he keeps his promises to the end.
Ogun state workers needs to enjoy the fruit of their labour.
Same for all good and credible workers in Nigeria.
May Nigeria succeed.

5 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by ibelieveinjesus: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2021
Good
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Klington: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2021
All they do is promise heaven on earth but in the end they do nothing. Just the usual cheap political popularity.

Nigerian politicians are the most conscienceless beings you can ever see anywhere in the world.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2021
GlobalWay:
Why deduct in the first place?! Greedy lots everymwhere.
Appreciate a good gesture when you see one, that is the only way we can all move forward as a nation.
Stop crying 24/7 abeg

7 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Lemmy123(m): 7:54am On Nov 21, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

This is good, if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by FolabiCash: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2021
Ghost governor.

One day Ogun would be free.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by ayenale1(m): 7:57am On Nov 21, 2021
Why are they celebrating it like he did a favor to the workers...he's paying back the money deducted from their salaries...even the deduction is a fraud in the first place cos the interest on these monies are never paid to the workers...

5 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by GlobalWay: 7:57am On Nov 21, 2021
Do you still have a functional Brain at all?! So, I should thank him for stealing people sweats and making their lives excruciatingly difficult for so long, and later giving back 0.005% fraction of the Stolen Worker's Pay! Not everyone is an irredeemable mentally enslaved myopic scavenger like you!
ILoveDemMANNA:

Appreciate a good gesture when you see one, that is the only way we can all move forward as a nation.
Stop crying 24/7 abeg

13 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Articul8(m): 8:05am On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Stop crying 24/7 abeg

You deducted my money and you are paying back you say good gesture. Let these people be deceiving you. He is paying what they owed!

9 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Nahunger(m): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2021
Them sha wan use H.U.N.G.E.R kill people.
God go help us
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Stop crying 24/7 abeg

What's the point in having a brain when you know you won't use it.....

7 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by humberjade: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2021
Okay
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by humberjade: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Stop crying 24/7 abeg

Appreciate him for settling the dubiously cornered sweat of civil servants?

Money that was never suppose to be touched by the government but remitted to various cooperatives...hmm...sadly enough, this guy promised to not to touch workers' deductions, but the evil he used to campaign, he himself has embraced.

Very funny, "Appreciate a Governor for paying salaries"...very hilarious grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Niftish: 8:34am On Nov 21, 2021
The deductions were made during the time of his predecessor. He is only trying to right the wrongs.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by jojofola: 8:37am On Nov 21, 2021
Anything Manna is trash, you all should know by now.

As for Dapo, I hope the real voters in Ogun state have retentive memories all these four years he has been wielding power for when his re-election comes.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2021
The stupid elected gov of my state

Sadly

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by ayayo: 8:42am On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Stop crying 24/7 abeg
is like your brain is leaking

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by omoadeleye(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2021
Nn
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by FireRain: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2021
Ogun state roads needs serious attention! cry

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by haiti007(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2021
He released just 4 months out of over 2 years deductions.... Nawa ooo

I used to think that senator Ibikunle Amosun will be the worst governor in Ogun State, until Dapo Abiodun resumes office.... The guy is worse, he acts nonchalantly about the affairs of the state, worker and all..

The best regime in Ogun State was achieved during the PDP era....
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by MrOkenwa(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2021
Useless government.

May the Lord continue to keep iya Teacher (my mom) healthy. She retired from service in 2012, while I was still in school. She had planned to complete her house with her gratuity. Then, month turns to years. Till date, almost 10 years later, she’s yet to receive the money.
Anyway, I have since completed the house in 2015.
She kept talking about her gratuity being so precious to her, a reward for her 35yrs in service.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by mu2sa2: 9:15am On Nov 21, 2021
Hahahaha, 2023 is around the corner.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by zinosleek(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2021
The Governor and his supporters should be ashamed of themselves. I think it should be an impeachable offence for governors inability to pay salaries except the state has been declared bankrupt. Why should a governor be unable to pay salaries when funds has been coming to the state staedily and receive his salary.

And here we are celebrating that he promised to do what he should be doing normally. This kind of news is a shame to his adminatration, but the masses has been configured to celebrate governors as if they are sharing money to their minions
Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Tareq1105: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2021
I commend the governor for this but he needs to work on Obantoko More Junction Road.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Sonyboom765: 11:45am On Nov 21, 2021
When you have no details or info about any news you shut your foolish mouth.

Amosun made the deduction from the worker's benefit n refused to pay till this man came n doused the precarious the former gov left the workers.

Klington:
All they do is promise heaven on earth but in the end they do nothing. Just the usual cheap political popularity.

Nigerian politicians are the most conscienceless beings you can ever see anywhere in the world.
GlobalWay:
Why deduct what they have worked and sweated for in the first place?! Greedy lots everymwhere. Love of many has truly waxed cold!

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Releases ₦2 Billion To Offset Deductions From Ogun Workers by Sonyboom765: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2021
You must perish with your entire household if he never stole the workers pay.

GlobalWay:
Do you still have a functional Brain at all?! So, I should thank him for stealing people sweats and making their lives excruciatingly difficult for so long, and later giving back 0.005% fraction of the Stolen Worker's Pay! Not everyone is an irredeemable mentally enslaved myopic scavenger like you!
Articul8:

You deducted my money and you are paying back you say good gesture. Let these people be deceiving you. He is paying what they owed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Primaries: Andy Uba Will Appeal The Judgement – Campaign Organization / Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion / INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.