Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Entering Into God's Rest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Entering Into God's Rest (130 Views)

Why Did The God Rest On The Seventh Day? / Staying In God's Rest In or out of trouble / How To Tap Into God's Frequency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entering Into God's Rest by minks(m): 6:29am On Nov 21, 2021
The world is troubled.
Many that seek peace and stability find chaos and turbulence instead. There seems to be no end to the troubles of man. From wars to climate change, hunger and poverty, diseases and natural disasters. Many, struggle to find the elusive rest they seek.
But even in the chaos and uncertainty, there is a select group that has entered into God’s rest. This group, though sharing the same wicked, perverted world with others, has found the path to peace and stability and has entered a state of spiritual rest that shields them from the turbulence within.
How did they pull this off? The answer is found in God’s word. This article seeks to highlight four steps to entering into God’s rest.
First, you have to understand that God’s rest does not mean you will be problem-free. As far as this life is concerned, there will never be a time anyone becomes completely free of problems. God’s rest guarantees that your problems will not overwhelm you.
God’s rest give you the assurance that even when you go through the most traumatising experience, you will come out stronger and better equipped as a vessel of God.
There is guaranteed rest for every child of God but whether or not you enter this rest is up to you. The following steps will help you enter God’s rest.

Come Unto Me.
There is no peace in the world and neither is there rest. 1 Thessalonians 5:3 says, “For when they (the people of the world) say, ‘peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.” The only place of rest is in Christ.
Jesus is your only place of safety and rest. This is the reason He says, “Come unto me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28 NKJV).
Jesus is offering you His rest on a platter of gold. All you’ve got to do is go to Him, accept Him as your Lord and saviour, build your relationship with Him and walk with Him.
Everything you seek is in Christ and only in Him will you find rest. It doesn’t matter how rich you are or how powerful you are, only a life in Christ will guarantee you rest.

Drop Your Doubt and Unbelief.
For you to enter into God’s rest, you must let go of every thought, action, utterance or behaviour that inspires doubt and unbelief. The vices of doubt and unbelief are the biggest limitations that prevent people from entering God’s rest.

Today, if you will hear His voice: “Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion, as in the day of trial in the wilderness, when your fathers tested me; they tried me, though they saw my work. For forty years I was grieved with that generation, and said, ‘It is a people who go astray in their hearts, and they do not know my ways.’ So I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest.’”
Psalm 95:7-11

The Jews who were first promised God’s rest did not enter that rest because of doubt and unbelief. You see, even though God’s promise of rest still stands, only those who believe God’s word and trust Him completely enter this rest.
The writer of the book of Hebrews gave a very timely warning when he said, “Therefore since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.” (Hebrews 4:1-2).
God keeps His promises. When God promises you peace, joy, love and spiritual rest, trust Him to keep His word. Do not be like the Israelites who, through their rebellion and unbelief, caused God to declare that they will not enter His rest. Interestingly, that generation perished in the wilderness.
If you wish to enter God’s rest, you must trust God to keep His promises to you.

Take in God’s Word.
Just as you need physical food daily to stay alive, you need a daily dose of God’s word to stay alive spiritually. Make it a daily routine to at; a specific time every day, study and meditate on the word of God. God’s word is powerful enough to transform your life (Hebrews 4:12-13).
James 1:21-22 says, “Therefore lay aside lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.”
Don’t just study God’s word, apply it, run with it and build your life around it. That way, God’s rest will not elude you.

Accept God’s Word With Faith.
The effectiveness of God’s word in the lives of Christians is dependent on whether or not they accept it with faith. The promise of God’s rest was made to the Israelites but because of their doubt and unbelief, that generation did not enter that rest.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Hebrews 4:1-2

All those who take God at His word concerning His promise of rest will indeed enter that rest.
Today, as you take these baby steps, God will bring you into His rest. This is a state where the chaos and confusion in the world will have no impact on you. It is a place of peace, joy, love, contentment and so much more.
Jesus is waiting, all of heaven is waiting for you to take your glorious place in Christ Jesus.

Source: https:///3xae4w3

1 Like

Re: Entering Into God's Rest by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2021
May God give us the Grace to be able to enter the rest.
Re: Entering Into God's Rest by minks(m): 6:34am On Nov 21, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:
May God give us the Grace to be able to enter the rest.

Amen to that.

(1) (Reply)

One Powerful Audio You Need: The Word Of God By Apostle Joshua Selman, Check Out / Send Your Prayer Request And Receive Your Prayer Point / The Essence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.