Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (23922 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Streetpriest1: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hey dear. Have a personal relationship with God and in ur relationship with him, try to obey him. U don't need to be in church everyday but build a strong foundation in ur life with the word of God.

God bless.

Tokskob2008:
I realized I can't be building another man's business while I'm yet to start mine besides churches this days are just mere social gatherings nothing more.

Spirituality left most Nigerian churches a long time ago, na only fashion, networking and effizy remain now.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nahunger:

North East
So you are a Chungai? that's if north east is your region as well
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by kjhova(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
FlatEarthGuy20:
18. The sky does hang in the firmament of the heavens. The Earth is flat. ThE globe/spherical/round earth is satanic lie.....The school books lied. Nasa lies the government lies..to cover up the truth....Open your Eyes...

So sorry, I can't dignify you with an engagement. Find someone from around 1876 to have that discussion with.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NEROSKY(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
Religion is what was used to deceive, i believe in doing good & also praying at home morning & night before sleeping.

Church is big business now.
Mosque is where poor ignorant people are being radicalised to jihadist, terrorist, killing for the purpose is that God gave you the right to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by dgitrader(m): 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
daddytime:
Some Pastors can't hide/overcome their carnality treachery and hypocrisy.

This has caused a whole lot of damage which I hope they'd be able to explain on the day of judgement.

Their words, lifestyles, and deceit haven't helped in this case in the littlest bit.

Nope. Not everyone has the understanding enough to sieve through what to take from a pastor and what to discard while running your race and allowing him to God's judgement.

Most people are naturally easily swayed by what they see or hear.

This is where pastors need to understand the position they hold.

For me, I have become more mature and can now know what to take from a teaching, what to challenge for a better understanding, and what to discard as trash if the need be.

To this end, I have decided that I am going back to that old landmark.

Where I made a new commitment, to begin a fresh start.

Help me find my salvation, place a burden in my heart.

Oh Lord, take me back to that old landmark.

So, help me, God.

In answer to op's question.

I stopped churching because of a Pastor and his hypocrisy.

Modified:

I stopped going to church when the pastor won't stop mentioning my name in the course of every sermon and urging everyone else to be like and learn from me on how to be a "good Christian".

At this point in my life, every single penny I made from Monday until Saturday were usually recorded in my diary.

On Sunday morning, I'd add it all up and subtract the usual 10%, envelope it and voila...I dey go submit.

I'd also envelop some €50-100€ each in some other envelopes to distribute amongst some people I discovered weren't really doing much or meeting up financially in the church.

The problem I had with this was, my Pastor who'd sing my praises to the high heavens and urge congregants to aspire to be like me has never for a day dared to ask me:
(A) what do you do for a living?
(B) where do you work? Etc..

I was a fckking fraudster who would steal and wreck other people's lives and savings to play a good Christian in church and a pseudo-philantropist.

Even in my sins then, I could see through all the smokescreen and hogwash.

Na me advise myself by myself.

So shameful.

Abeg make una patronise me jare

He knew what u were into, he was ur boss in same scheme

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Honchoslim16(m): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
I stopped church cos, everyone there just lives on pretence!
So what's the essence of sitting in the midst of such.. when i can always talk to God personally about things that bothers me.

By the way,I have stopped believing in whatever religion!
I only embrace a good relationship with God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
Iyaebe:

Yes I am grin grin hope it won't be an issue
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by sonmvayina(m): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
ictplotter:

Do you know Abraham, father Ogbonwan brother who was staying with father? I think there was up three Benedict i know there. U know the church is a very large church.

Yes I remember him..we still in torch
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Labadi69: 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
When I woke up to the fact that pastors are all crooks trying to use religion to obtain innocent people. I’d rather pray at home and give my tithes directly to the needy angry

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Labadi69: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
Also, born again Christians are the biggest hypocrites ever. Can’t waste my Sunday going to hang out with a bunch of hypocrites that are the worst sinners on this earth angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Deemystic: 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
I saw religion for what it truly is - a professional scam. I'm atheist now

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Gianslayer: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
Unibener:
Here to listen to Slawommir
Oh... You mean king slawommir.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by FullBlastLight: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tokskob2008:

Words like this are main reason I run away from Church.

Those who are not 4 d truth can neva be comfortable wit it whenever they encounter it!

Dis is d reason u wandered away!

...bt may u obtain mercy 2 reason ur way back, asap!
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Cokahot: 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
Since the day I installed solar 30 panel and disconnected my nepa for life.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ictplotter(m): 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
sonmvayina:

Yes I remember him..we still in torch
My very good friend then. We attended Alpha school together at technical junction. Before he later left benin .

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by franklytrue(m): 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tokskob2008:
I realized I can't be building another man's business while I'm yet to start mine besides churches this days are just mere social gatherings nothing more.

Spirituality left most Nigerian churches a long time ago, na only fashion, networking and effizy remain now.
Tares have been sown among the wheat but should a farmer abandon his field because of them? There will be a time of separation and judgment. Continue ye in the faith.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Gospel2Day: 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
EkehPraise:
My relationship with God grew deeper and stronger and I realized that I didn't need to be in church to communicate with him so I started reducing the rate at which I go and sometimes the things my eyes sees in church settings these days are scary

You're disobedient to the Bible verse that commands believers NOT TO NEGLECT the meeting together of God's people.
Growing deeper and stronger in your relationship with God should make you more responsible in church to mentor and disciple new converts.
You're obviously deceived as your acclaimed 'spirituality' has no basis in the Bible.
Repent of your pride and submit to apostolic commands in the Bible.
Shalom.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by iramure(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
shegzbillionz:

The earlier the populace knows this the better of everyone.
you are among the very few whose brains have not been tampered with... congratulations!!!
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by CALCULUS16: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
kjhova:
I was mid teen when I started to really questing the Bible, church and by extension, religion as a whole. My eager venture into my sciences triggered a reevaluation of the beliefs I held dear from childhood. So I asked a bucket load of questions which my church elders couldn't answer in any intelligent manner.

1) Who made God?
2) if there's a God, isn't that enough proof that there may be gods?
Look here, i get more questions than these but none can be answered. in philosophy, there are questions that cant be answered. in religion, there are answers they ll give u to these, that u must never questioned. Me personally go to church to feel God, to listen to the words of wisdom from the ministers, to create friends and family, in all, nt to be alone. I knw, stories cannt describe my Maker, but i love where they focus on praises and worship the Sovereign God, than where hell, heaven, die by fire, candle, spiritual cane, broom, holy water are talked about.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by rollywise(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
shegzbillionz:

I will be picking it one by one and I would advice you to think outside the box to give you more understanding.
1.firstly the message of faith and truth?
Message which says that any other person who doesn’t believe in their own is condemned, now think of billions of people who are born into non Christian families and believes in their own religion 100% as you do with Christianity and the omini scient(all knowing) God creates such people everyday knowing they will are grow and die being in those religions so therefore they are condemned before creation. Spiritual advices and prayers?..firstly the earlier you understand that the ‘spiritual’ u added have zero effect on the what u should have said as ‘advices’ , normally everyone be it any religion gets a good advice if sought rightly from the right people, there are nothing special. For prayers so you mean non Christian who don’t pray to a god are the most unfortunate people? Then you must be carried away.
2.worships? My dear music is music, a good music is pleasant to every ear that hears it, same way is the music you call worldly has penetrate the heart of people’s heart and put them in different mood or even change their live.
3.firstly it depends on what you call the service of God... now these people you see at the church are not really out there for the service!!!, most are there to showcase and oppress others with their wealth, know this and know peace, otherwise there won’t be both rich and poor in the church, they should use all they have to put fellow church members through so we know they are submitted to service of God.
4.this is where you are deceived the most!!!, y’all believe the shit you donate to the greedy men on suits are for God’s work, wake up u make them more richer and they help their families why you and yours remain poor or ever trying to get rich. If you wanna do sacrifice, go to the market roads orphanage homes and prisons people need it more, now tell your self the real truth and know how many times you have done that, I believe no matter the extent of talk the heart has its conscience. As for transferring pastors up and down, every business enterprises do so if the person in question isn’t meeting up to the level of the audience they have.
Now for you to say what u mentioned is not what I think yeah it’s true, cuz I expected you to mention more than this, so talking about miracles?... how many times have you taken those crippled people in your neighborhood or at the roadside for healing if you think they are real, they will do arrangee for you and you will be shivering,
This is exactly the reason black people are lagging. The earlier you wake up the better for you.

A child carried about on the mother's back doesn't know how far the journey is. Your ability to write this long sermon is a miracle. Don't put God to test with blasphemy. May you not experience the WORLD then you'll learn you need the CHURCH and the MEN OF GOD to pray you out. Hebrews 10:5; Hebrews 10:24-25
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Danmisra(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
kjhova:

While you're joining the endless list of those who attempted logical answers to the illogical imagery of the bible I raised, kindly stick the below to the answers:

a) a prophet called a bear to devour 40 young faithfuls for deriding his bald head.
b) a bronze age farmer managed to construct a boat to house his family and all the animals on Earth for more than 40 days!
c) Moses parted the red sea to allow Israelite refugees cross the dry sea bed!
d) God made the moon to provide "light of the night"! The moon has no light of its own!!!
e) God instructed in Deuteronomy that punishment for a rapist is to marry his rape victim!!!
f) If a rape occurs within city limits, both the criminal and the victim are to be stoned to death!!!
g) Outright religious intolerance by Elisha for organizing the extrajudicial murdering of 400 Baal priests!
h) Samson is nothing more than a deviant Hebrew thug ingeniously honoured in the bible for terrorizing neighboring Philistia.

There are more oddities but I'm getting bored with all of it.
honestly I will like to meet you to discuss the existence of God. I do believe that you know in every place or time the must be control, and to get that the, must be somebody with great power in his possession to maintain absolute control in any place. leaders, kings, presidents help to maintain control which is a centralize power and God is last authority. If you say someone must have created God then the will be anarchy or disorder in this world and they will be order and control.
Regarding what you see in the Bible that didn't make sense I will that you read a book called "the protocols of the learned elders of Zion" you will know how christianity was destroyed and how came to start thinking like this
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Bamzyriches451: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
I don't want to hear lies from those pussy ass men of god.
They will be criticizing other churches

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Gospel2Day:

You're disobedient to the Bible verse that commands believers NOT TO NEGLECT the meeting together of God's people.
Growing deeper and stronger in your relationship with God should make you more responsible in church to mentor and disciple new converts.
You're obviously deceived as your acclaimed 'spirituality' has no basis in the Bible.
Repent of your pride and submit to apostolic commands in the Bible.
Shalom.
Okay. Thank you
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by coatofwealth(m): 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by coatofwealth(m): 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
Iyaebe:

grin grin cheesy yea
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by sageb: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Within three weeks I attended three different upcoming churches around ada George ph. I noticed the pastors of those churches were trying to condemn established churches and making it look like God was only present in their church no where else. grin grin the thing weak me. I believe in God and Jesus Christ as the Son of God. But com'on this modern pastors na only God know the real once out there. In bigger churches most of the pastors brag about their wealth.

Binaowei, so you are in mile 4 in PH?
Tebra?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Singleone461: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
I don't have cloths. Please don't misunderstand me

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by cooooooks(m): 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
What will you do with the reasons?

Nahunger:
Many Christians have backslided from attending church service due to one reason or the other.

I am no here to judge, I only wish you can tell us your peculiar reason and hopefully someone might be here to advice you on what to do.

No one is perfect, we all learn from birth to death always have a open heart to the endless possibilities been alive.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by cooooooks(m): 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Noise.

rollywise:

Keep running from truth. Is there any church where they teach robbery, fornication, killing and all the many vices It is your heart that chose to focus on the unnecessary and leave the cogent. Pastor cannot stop both good and bad from coming to church. You come to church and a phone is stolen by some bad ones and you say you will never come to church again. For such who do evil in God's hose, God said in the last day he will separate the wheat from grain. The Bible says we should not forsake the gathering of the brethren.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by cooooooks(m): 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jesus Christ ! End Time Trumpet Heard In The Sky In ISRAEL (WATCH VIDEO) / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Refuses To Refund Overpaid Tithe, Sheeple Complains" / Photos Of Prophet TB Joshua In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.