Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case (47781 Views)

Burial Photos Of The 32-Year-Old Lady Raped & Murdered In Jos / Ruth Yakadi: Lady Raped, Murdered & Dumped Near Bridge Is A UNIJOS Student / Esther Ita Stephen Gang Raped & Murdered In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by TheFacelessMan: 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
Maybe he killed himself out of guilt for his horrific crime.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Chyma231(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Oyibo too much
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
So touching
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by xeju: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Explorers:
DNA evidence helped Washington State police officers to finally crack the 62-year-old cold case involving the brutal murder of a 9-year-old girl who was selling Camp Fire Girl mints.

Candy Rogers went missing in Spokane on March 6, 1959, and was found raped and strangled to death with her own clothing two weeks later.

Through the help of modern DNA evidence, police announced on Friday that Rogers's murderer was John Reigh Hoff, a US Army deserter who committed suicide in 1970.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10225665/62-year-old-cold-case-killed-9-year-old-Candy-Rogers-cracked-DNA-evidence.html?ito=social-facebook
She didn't dress properly? she was wearing seductive clothes and gave the killer a sexy smile? She didn't shout loud enough for people to come? These are some of the excuses of rape apologists.
RIP CANDY ROGERS

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
cayorday89:
Wow, power of technology, unraveling best kept secret.
Next technology should be about mind reading to eliminate evil people before they carry out their evil intention.
Can't imagine what all those families went though then, especially those who died in the crash during the search.

Be careful what you wish for.

if such technology falls into the hands of a twenty-first-century Stalin, the result will be the worst totalitarian regime in human history.

Just imagine North Korea in twenty years, when everybody has to wear a biometric bracelet which constantly monitors your blood pressure, your heart rate, your brain activity twenty-four hours a day. You listen to a speech on the radio by the great leader and they know what you actually feel. You can clap your hands and smile, but if you're angry, they know, you'll be in the gulag tomorrow. Davos . Yuval Noah.

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by 1Sharon(f): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
backbencher:

So why did it take 59 years for your wonderful USA to solve the case?

Also the US can afford high end forensic technology because they pay the kind of taxes that can afford them high end, and also run a highly industrial economy

But people like you won't vote for leaders that would make us industry and production dependent. You want leaders who would give you government job so that you can chop and import stuff. And pay limited taxes. And share oil money.

How many years would it have taken Nigeria to solve the case?
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by AngelicBeing: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
descarado:
In Nigeria whenever we can't unravel any mystery like this, sickness, events happening around us, we will chant " leave it to God or may God punish that person"

The same way we have been shouting may God punish buhari yet the old man has refused to die grin
If he dies now, he died a fulfilling old man as most of us will not live up to half his age.

Let us continue deceiving ourselves and continue to seek after loose money greedily.
Buhari will not die a fulfilling old man oo, karma is waiting with a big fulani koboko laden with chilly pepper to flog shege comot from the Philistine in Aso Rock whose government is tainted with blood sad
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
shantti:

Is it his fault that Buhari is president, what if he voted for a nice candidate but Buhari rigged everytin and entered

For Nigeria to have a well funded police force we have to raise the money to do so via raising the tax to gdp ratio.

Which PDP and APC have no idea how.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Solofresh2: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
The rapist is burning in hell right now
Ohh you are in hell with him right?
Rubbish!
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by mu2sa2: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
God forbid Nigeria,why was I born here.
You're free to commit suicide like John reigh Hoff and in your second coming you enter the world as chadian or Cambodian or Mauritanian.
God bless Nigerians.

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Bigchristo: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
baralatie:

At least we have improved lie detectors
Yes there’s already a Polygraph to detect lies in process of interrogation.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
May God judge the perpetrators.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by baralatie(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
Bigchristo:
Yes there’s already a Polygraph to detect lies in process of interrogation.
And that is the police version
You don't want to see the military version
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by 1000angstroms(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
backbencher:

In many African countries like Kenya , Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and even both Sudan and South Sudan, grazing and land issues are still a problem. Not just Nigeria.

Because most of our agriculture even in the South of this country is not mechanized and industrial

So anyone running an African country is going to face grazing and land issues..It is not a sign of backwardness. It is because each country has its issues. The US has an obesity and racist issues for example

Modernizing African farming is going to take generations.Most banks won't give one a loan to set up a modern cattle farm so that we can have cows staying in one place. Our rail system is not yet modern enough to transport cows,and so on

Seriously, you wrote that?
The north produce vegetables during the dry season with irrigation system so why can't same system be applied to producing grass in the north in a whole land mass in the north but no they want grazing routes across the south, you honestly inside your frank mind know what you guys want to do which already know and will never allow it. You carry the defiled cattle to destroy our farmlands and kill our parents. Abeg getat.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Polynek(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Mr Explorer how u de get Dix beautiful information?
I love ur post keep it up bro
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by cayorday89(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
Mutonke:

Be careful what you wish for.

if such technology falls into the hands of a twenty-first-century Stalin, the result will be the worst totalitarian regime in human history.

Just imagine North Korea in twenty years, when everybody has to wear a biometric bracelet which constantly monitors your blood pressure, your heart rate, your brain activity twenty-four hours a day. You listen to a speech on the radio by the great leader and they know what you actually feel. You can clap your hands and smile, but if you're angry, they know, you'll be in the gulag tomorrow. Davos . Yuval Noah.
That is one bad scenario, it will be a tough one, people will just try as much as control their emotions. Joyful mood activated for life in the face of tyranny. I understand your point of view Bro, in all there is a bad side to all that brings about ease of doing things or problem solving.

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Odunemmy(f): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
Happy Sunday nairalanders. I'm an active member on this forum. I had to create this account because I'm seriously in need of help. I'm a part 1 student of OAU, I'm just done with my second semester examinations, I did the last paper on Friday, planned to go back home this weekend, but unfortunately, I'm presently stuck in Ife, because I don't have any cash for transport. Only God knows how I managed throughout the examination period, because there isn't much at home. Please, nairalanders, I need your help just to gather whatever I can to go back home, even my foodstuff had finished, so I can no longer stay in Ife. I'm from Owo in Ondo State and the total transport fee is #1800. Thank you and God bless you all. GTB 0669905862 Folanikuteyi Odunayo. Please, any amount, even if it's #100.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Bigchristo: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2021
baralatie:

And that is the police version
You don't want to see the military version
Polygraph is used by both military and police, it’s the only trusted device to detect lies in process of interrogation.

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
1000angstroms:

Seriously, you wrote that?
The north produce vegetables during the dry season with irrigation system so why can't same system be applied to producing grass in the north in a whole land mass in the north but no they want grazing routes across the south, you honestly inside your frank mind know what you guys want to do which already know and will never allow it. You carry the defiled cattle to destroy our farmlands and kill our parents. Abeg getat.

1. Yes I did

2. You have some good ideas there. I like your irrigation idea

3. To that I would add ranches in the far Northern states with mechanised cattle farming. Also improve the railways so that cows can be transported by rail and so that milk too can be transported by rail. Which means no more roaming around with cows.

4. Do a census of cows so that we can know who owns what an track them. Like the Kenyans and Ugandans did

Good evening
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Testimony1988(m): 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wow, if it where in Nigeria, the case would have been forgotten.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Franking: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
While in Nigeria people still believe in juju.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by WHITELIGHTER: 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
Police have already lost the case file of my late brother who was shot dead on democracy day this year.. Naija nu be country I swear
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Nmezor(f): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
Technology power, may her soul continue to rest on. Amen
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by just2endowed: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
This is what I love about the US, they wouldn't stop an investigation even if takes a century.

Assuming it happened in the giant of shíthole, the investigation would have been long forgotten since 1959.

Dele giwa cases till today is still a misery.

Kudirat abiola case nko? Even with confessional statement, Nigeria police couldn't tie the pieces together.

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Elidrisy20: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
I taught it was MNK that raped the poor little girl
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by seunayantokun(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
The girl was nine, the heartless murderous rapist made her parents childless. When his own daughter was nine, he took his own life. Divine retribution!

Warning to supporters of Buhari's terrorist government.
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Hathor5(f): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
Let all rapists and pedophiles see this and live in constant fear that they will be caught eventually if they don't commit suicide.

Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by HRMK: 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
1959?so,this type of crime isnt new at all?
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by goldmatrix(m): 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
In Nigeria, they won't even believe that is is possible. First they will think it's witch hunting..
Re: Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case by Digmygold: 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
So sad.

Only Ubunja daughter.deserves this kind of ugly fate.

Young Lady Found Dead In Abuja (photos) / Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence / Innocent Brown And His Wife Killed In Imo (Graphic Photos)