Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence (47733 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested For Drug Smuggling In Indonesia May Face Death Penalty / Who Truly Called Davido's Nanny? Who Else Was Involved? / Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by ISTP: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
• PMAN calls for laws on swimming pool to protect children

The two suspects detained in connection with the death of three-year-old Ifeanyi Adeleke, son of music artiste, Davido, and his fiancée, Chioma Rowland, may remain in police custody until they are cleared by an autopsy report.

A credible source, who disclosed this to PUNCH Metro on Wednesday, said the nanny and the cook were directly in charge of Ifeanyi’s welfare, adding that they might also be liable for negligence.

The source said, “The cook and the nanny were the ones directly with the child, so, they are guilty of negligence until the autopsy is conducted. During investigation, we have suspects, and depending on the case, the suspects may or may not be released.

“So far, the family has not objected to the autopsy, but how fast it will be done depends on the hospital. But the next move is to review the CCTV at the house.”

PUNCH Metro had reported that after Ifeanyi’s corpse was recovered from the swimming pool at his father’s residence in the Banana Island area of Lagos State, it was deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.

The police subsequently invited eight domestic workers and after interrogation, six of them were released.

However, two others, the nanny and the cook, were detained.

Contacted for a follow-up reaction, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, who confirmed the detention of the suspects, declined to give further details to avoid preempting investigation into the case.

He said, “If we need to detain them for longer than necessary, we will obtain a court order so as to ensure that we are not doing over detention or illegal detention.

“I can’t give much details about an ongoing investigation, but those two people detained are assisting us in our investigation. Those that were released have little or no bearing to the case but the two people detained are assisting us.

“Eight people were brought in for questioning, six people were allowed to go, the remaining two were the ones that have been placed under arrest and that makes them suspect.”

The spokesperson for the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria, Asha Gangali, who described the death of Ifeanyi as devastating news, enjoined the state government to review the laws granting ownership of swimming pools to people in the state.

Gangali said, “We would rather enjoin the Lagos State Government to review the permission that is given for swimming pools and certain structures in residential areas that can endanger the lives of minors.

“So, if it is approached from a law standpoint, it will be binding on all. It is not just that we are losing our precious children in the creative and movie industry, it also affects every other individual. If people should have a swimming pool in their residence, there should be precautions to prevent such happenings.”

Recall that Daniel, the first son of another music artiste, Dapo Adebanjo, aka D banj, drowned in a swimming pool at his residence in Lagos in 2018.

Meanwhile, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, on Wednesday, commiserated with the bereaved parents.

Osinabjo, in a post on his Twitter handle, said, “Dolly & I are greatly saddened by the tragic loss of Ifeanyi, the dear son of Davido & Chioma. We pray our Lord Jesus Christ will comfort & uphold both of them through this traumatic experience. Amen. We also commiserate with our brother, Dr. Deji Adeleke and the entire Adeleke family. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.”

The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, urged residents in the state to abide by the universal rule that guide the usage of swimming pools.

He said, “I am not sure you need a permit to build a swimming pool in your house, but I know that before you build a house, you bring the drawing for the government to approve.

“But if somebody has any emergency, whether it is in a swimming pool or club house, the state has a solid emergency machinery that swings into action within seconds. But people need to call those emergency numbers to make a report.

“The particular case you are talking about is a family tragedy and the Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, personally commiserated with Davido on this irreparable loss.

“For us in Lagos, it is not a time to begin to look into what the government is doing about people building swimming pools in their homes.

“There are universal rules about how to use a swimming pool; if you are a minor, you can’t go in there alone; if you want to swim, you must ensure that there are lifeguards around and should anything happen, there must be people to raise the alarm; the swimming pool must be clearly marked to prevent a novice from going beyond certain meters, among others.”

https://punchng.com/ifeanyi-davidos-nanny-cook-may-face-charges-for-negligence

17 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by slivertongue: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
Sad.

They betrayed their employer and deserve any punishment that comes their way

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by immortalcrown(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
cool

First of all, show a CCTV footage of how the boy got into the swimming pool. E get why. Make una no use rich man game fool me.

I don't want a video of him struggling in the pool. I want a video that shows how he got into the pool. I want to see a footage of how he alone moved out of the house, walked to the pool and nobody was around the pool.

Dowen College, una demand for CCTV footage. The school say CCTV no dey inside hostel, una say why the hostel no get CCTV inside. Ebeano Supermarket fire incident, una no condemn release of CCTV footage. Even Lekki tollgate shooting, una ask for footage. CCTV footages of domestic violence, thefts and other events appear online, una no say CCTV footage no be for public. When fraudsters use person ATM card for bank ATM, una go say make bank show CCTV footage. But e reach Davido own, una say footage na only for the police. If say Davido na those politicians wey una hate and person die like this for him house, una go say why CCTV no dey that kind house. Una go even say the politician purposely remove CCTV so him go dey fit kill people inside him house. Some of una say I dey heartless. How I dey heartless? I ask you for footage of Ifeanyi's death? Ndị ara. No be say I dey suspect Davido or anybody. I just wan know whether na truly accident. E fit be accident. E fit no be accident. E fit be unavoidable accident. E fit be carelessness. Na why I ask for the footage. And the footage I wan see no be the one where Ifeanyi die or where Ifeanyi dey struggle inside water.

A Justification for my opinion:
Davido released a video for a vindication purpose in the past.
TheMostComplex1:
You're absolutely right the CCTV should be released. Was it not how Davido released that of Tagbo in his drunken stage & people exonerated Davido & has continued to bash the dead Tagbo. Please the should maintain the same energy because it's not good to suffer an innocent person or persons

For those attacking me:
I don't care about your sentiment here. You are free to attack me here. You can't beat or arrest me. But one thing is sure about you. You are fooling yourselves. When videos circulate about Davido on other things, do you tell people that they don't need to see the videos?

All I ask for is a footage of how Ifeanyi got into the pool, not a video of Ifeanyi dying. Following the incident, many videos of kids wandering and jumping into swimming pools have been released on social media for educative purposes. So, why will Ifeanyi's own be different, especially when his own is not just for educative purpose but also for a possible confirmation of the rumoured accident? Because his father is Davido? Those of you claiming such a footage is not for the public, which law tells you that?

When a video of Imade twerking in Davido's birthday party and Davido scolding her went viral, you didn't condemn the circulation of the video. That one is even the one the public should not see because people can use it to ridicule Imade in future. But you loved the circulation and used it to call Davido a good father because the video shows him scolding the girl. When a footage of the kid that set Ebeano Supermarket on fire circulated, did you say the video is not for the public? Was it not a footage from the same CCTV?

If Ifeanyi was another person's child and Davido or anybody in Davido's camp is accused, you will demand a footage. And if there is a footage that can vindicate Davido, the footage will go viral. If no footage is released, people like you will say it is a setup to tarnish Davido's image.

But because this case will implicate either Davido or someone close to him, you are saying the public doesn't deserve to see the footage. Videos of Davido and Chioma get to the public, even for what the public doesn't need to know about Davido. But this one that is necessary, you claim the video should not be released.

357 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by benedictnsi(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
This matter just tire me

May the Soul of our dear Ifeanyi rest in peace.

I pray Make God sha help Davido and Chioma by replenishing their loss with twins ��

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Ireportlive: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
At this point the government has taken over the case, I pity the Nanny

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2022
I already feared that for the nanny.

But shey CCTV no dey that side for the house ni? A footage could solve the problem to a substantial degree.

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by everythinggirly(f): 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2022
This is the worst thing that could ever happen to any parents, the smaller the corpse the heavier the pains.

It has happened already, but there's still a need to check the CCTV footage to know every every.

Rip little one.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by MonkeyMods(m): 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
The irony of it all is that one or two of the released persons may have seen the toddler walking towards the pool but turned a blind eye just to punish Davido (and Chioma) whom they would have been secretly envious of

Only God knows what happened to the poor boy

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by ImoleNaija: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
May God be with Davido & his family during this hard time.

8 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
God know the best.... Let justice prevails

R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by ecolime(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Such a cutie. Left before his life began.

It hurts seeing his pictures. I can imagine how the entire family feels.

News outlets should not add his picture to their stories again cry

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Mademan7: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hhmm, I still insist that CCTV is the best approach in finding how it really happened. By the way

I can help you write a good business plan or proposal. Check my number in my profile or signature

6 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by YoungLionken(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
And conspiracy too sad..

Life's somehow, as Davido good reach embarassed...

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by WebSurfer(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Good
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by kelvine(m): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
My prayers with the nanny also.
May she be free if innocent.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by meobizy(f): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
If they choose to punish someone for the incident then so shall it be. I know it won’t fix anything and they’ll change their minds in acceptance a few years from now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
Wahala for richman nanny....

Anything wey happen when parents no dey house, na nanny be prime suspect.

Wetin concern me. At this point, I carry Peter Obi for head like hot agege bread, I no get joy for APC urchins and riffraffs at all.....

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by JoeRizzla(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
of course
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by GboyegaD(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
Wish all cases were handled with this level of seriousness but alas, na we country where no one cares about the common men.

27 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Omniman(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
What a tragic incident...
but someone needs to pay. cry

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Ireportlive: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
Xbobtage:

Not sure what ur implying but

Any case relating to Homicide is suspect vs State Government

Even Davido can't withdraw the criminal case

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by KingOfTheDamned: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
Its aright . I am tempted to say "that won't bring back the dead baby " like an idiot would but what do I know..?

What do I know about the pains of loosing a child? If my nanny tells me my baby drowned in the pool, she better drown too before I get there... Plus her whole family and extended family too...
Don't play with me like that ... I am not that kind of man...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by allen113: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
There is a video making the round but it doesn't show how the kid got into the pool, but it showed how he drown cry

6 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by providencia(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
How can you have a swimming pool in your house and not protect it against infants. It just like digging a big hole in your compound and expect no one will fall inside. Davido is responsible for all these

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by yemzone(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
As a nanny, what is your job? Abi dem no dey pay you?
The job some people are looking for, and they will do it with diligence.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Ivimmanuel: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
What will the parents be charged with parental ineptitude? Parents transfering all their responsibility to strangers. Smh

41 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by phorget(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
immortalcrown:
cool

First of all, show a CCTV footage of how the boy got into the swimming pool. E get why.

The video is out there, I wouldn't have the heart to save it though. The little one struggled to his death. cry

10 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by HeadNigga: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Iamdbull: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

Just reminiscing on this Ifeanyi issue, remember how I was bored and went to the estate pool, didn't see anyone there so I was about leaving only to see this little girl about a year or 2, I immediately recognized her, because her nanny na one girl with big yansh, so I decided to sitback and use that opportunity to scope the babe.

As I was waiting for her to enter, something just told me "where this little girl?" To my surprise I saw her at the edge of the pool staring deep in the water, about to descend inside the pool. Omoo that's how I quickly dragged her away ooo.

Only for the nanny girl to start shaking her useless bum bum slowly into the room 30minutes later and she was like ooo this is where you are Chi chi(fake name). I was disgusted like all my attraction for her disappeared immediately. Since that day I stopped finding girls with big yansh attractive! Nonsense!

Girls with big yansh please avoid me ooo!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Privatepart00: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
shocked

Having money isn’t the only key to a successful child upbringing.
Nobody can take care of a child more than the mum that gave birth to them
Why can’t the parents take the child along ? Knowing fully well the kind of environment their house is .
The mother and the father are responsible for the death of their child .
Shifting the blame to the nanny is total no .
Money can’t replace good training of a child .
They allowed the child to do as he wish while alive .
It ended up back firing.
The rich are crying and hoping for a poor nanny to blame .

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Armed Robbers In Delta Beat White Man Who Relocated From Spain (Photos) / Deeper Life Pastor, Tunde, Commits Suicide In Ogun After Being Duped / Candy Rogers Raped & Murdered By John Reigh Hoff In 1959, DNA Solves Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.