Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,782 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno (803 Views)

If You Know These Men, You Are Not An Indomie Generation / If You Know These Men Then You Are Not An Indomie Generation / 5 Things Davido Has Done For Chioma, His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by Niece: 8:28am On Nov 21, 2021
WONDERTV MEDIA.COM

Earlier last week, popular singer, David Adeleke famously known as Davido took to his Twitter handle and posted his bank details then begged his friends to donate one million naira each, towards his birthday celebration.

Davido’s target was to get one hundred million naira. But he was amazed by the responses as he got over one hundred and fifty million naira in less than twenty-four hours.
on Friday 21st of November when the donations hit two hundred and one million naira, the singer came online and revealed what he intend to do with the donations.

Davido, in a seven-minute video, stated that he will give out all the money to orphanage homes across Nigeria. He also said that he will add his own fifty million naira.

His gesture brought a lot of reactions. A lot of celebrities and fans reacted to his kind gesture and prayed for the singer for his good deeds to humanity.

A former aide to President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri was one of those who reacted to Davido’s decision to give out all the money to orphanage homes.

According to Reno, Davido has preached a better sermon than many men of God who preach to receive rather than give.
Taking to his verified Instagram page, he wrote:
“You compared Davido’s birthday fund solicitation to men of God who solicit for seed (read money) and you lambasted those who criticise such behaviour. And then Davido donated everything, plus his own ₦50 million, to orphanages. And you suddenly went quiet. You are what is wrong with the church! By his action, Davido has preached a better sermon than many of these men of God who preach to receive, because he preached by giving. If you doubt me, turn to 1 Corinthians 13:2:

“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.”

And what is Godly love? “For God so loved the world that He gave”-John 3:16. To love (non sexually) without giving is not love.”
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWg2RoqsFvy/

lalasticlala

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by Bola146(f): 8:30am On Nov 21, 2021
So? How much have you done? How many people have you helped that we read on social media? Many of them don't make noise with what they give. Must every giving comes with loud notification I love Davido and some true men of God, and to other secret givers God bless you all Amen

3 Likes

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by MightySparrow: 8:31am On Nov 21, 2021
You, what is your own message, Reno Omokiri?
Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 21, 2021
So sad I'm agreeing with him for the first time.
Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by Nackzy: 8:39am On Nov 21, 2021
Davido the shinning Star
Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by PlayMaker14: 8:42am On Nov 21, 2021
Bola146:
So? How much have you done? How many people have you helped that we read on social media? Many of them don't make noise with what they give. Must every giving comes with loud notification I love Davido and some true men of God, and to other secret givers God bless you all Amen
First of all, I really like reading most of your comments in this forum as I see you as one of the few ladies here with something upstairs.... But this is a myopic comment because one would expect a brilliant lady like you to do a research before asking that ridiculous question which I bolded.

Sir Reno Omokri is a renowned philanthropist.. During the lockdown, he gave out millions of Naira to cushion the effect the lockdown has on an average Nigeria.

The records are there.

Good morning.

7 Likes

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by PlayMaker14: 8:42am On Nov 21, 2021
Iyaebe:
So sad I'm agreeing with him for the first time.
Do you have a choice before?

2 Likes

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by yuping(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2021
if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.”
This word will ring in my heart forever
Maybe I should find someone to love now and also love everyone around me more now.
Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by Bola146(f): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
First of all, I really like reading most of your comments in this forum as I see you as one of the few ladies here with something upstairs.... But this is a myopic comment because one would expect a brilliant lady like you to do a research before asking that ridiculous question which I bolded.

Sir Reno Omokri is a renowned

philanthropist.. During the lockdown, he gave out millions of Naira to cushion the effect the lockdown has on an average Nigeria.

The records are there.

Good morning.

But this is a myopic comment because one would expect a brilliant guy like you to do a research before asking that ridiculous question which I bolded.

Google what Pastor Adeboye has done to hospitals, prisions, etc, google what Pastor Chris had done to some communities, schools, hospitals,etc and lots of them. Please do your findings too. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by PlayMaker14: 8:56am On Nov 21, 2021
Bola146:

But this is a myopic comment because one would expect a brilliant guy like you to do a research before asking that ridiculous question which I bolded.

Google what Pastor Adeboye has done to hospitals, prisions, etc, google what Pastor Chris had done to some communities, schools, hospitals,etc and lots of them. Please do your findings too. Thanks

Lol, Dear Bola, you are quite funny. cheesy

You asked asked how much has Sir Reno Omokri done and how many people has he helped.... And I gave you a good answer, and even ask you to do some findings. Still wondering how Pastor Chris and Daddy Adeboye got into the discussion.

It's all good though. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2021
[s]
PlayMaker14:

Lol, Dear Bola, you are quite funny. cheesy

You asked asked how much has Sir Reno Omokri done and how many people has he helped.... And I gave you a good answer, and even ask you to do some findings. Still wondering how Pastor Chris and Daddy Adeboye got into the discussion.

It's all good though. smiley
[/s]Just hold your peace. Reno or whatever they call him is a rusty pipe. Imagine the nonsense advice he gave yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Bola146:

I like the come back. It's time to show these men that their time has expired.

1 Like

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by PlayMaker14: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]Just hold your peace. Reno or whatever they call him is a rusty pipe. Imagine the nonsense advice he gave yesterday.
Research has it that 75.14% of ladies in this forum are extremely dull.

Congratulations, you're one of them.

5 Likes

Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Research has it that 75.14% of ladies in this forum are extremely dull.
Congratulations, you're one of them.
lalasticlala seun mynd44 justwise Dominique rule 2
Re: Davido Has Preached A Better Sermon Than Many Of These Men Of God – Reno by NarcissistKing(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2021
These clerics are just interested in enriching their pockets and improvising the sheeples. Always threatening with hell just like that resident "Unrighteousness" clown does.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Wizkid Looses As Burnaboi Dances His Way To His Grammy Award / “I Really Enjoyed Myself” – Ada Ameh’s Last Instagram Post Leaves Fans In Pain ( / “no Be You Say Money No Be Happiness?” Fans Query Adekunle Gold As He & Simi Hav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.