Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria (1997 Views)

Can Someone From Minority Tribe To Became Nigerian President? / How 2023 Elections Will Expose Igbos Are A Minority Tribe / Why Is Ipob Making Igbo Look Like A Minority Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by GodHatesBigots(m): 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
I am from the minorities. I've lived with the Igbos all my live and still do. I grew up with the Hausas as my closest neighbours and friends and I have friends who are Yorubas.

Many of my favorite people are Igbo e.g Chimamanda Adichie but mehn, are they loud and raucous. Lol. That aside, the Igbos are a people whose drive to “make it” has benefited the country and at the same time given them a bad name. This bad name comes from their reputation of being shady business partners who don't have integrity and their poor customer relationship. A typical Igbo business man cares nothing for you once your money has entered his pocket. Yes, there are Igbo business men who have integrity but in general, Igbo business men need to do better considering that many Nigerians would create their opinion of the Igbo people based on their dealings with Igbo business men since they are everywhere. That notwithstanding, I love the Igbos for their determination to succeed despite the odds and their ability to stick to their goals until they attain success. This determination is the reason nollywood is what it is today and the reason many Nigerians can afford new dresses and shoes(thanks to ABA boys). I also love them for their patriotism to the Igbo nation though I do wish it isn't done at the detriment of Nigeria.

The Hausa-Fulanis wrongly thought of by many as an all Muslim ethnic group is considered the largest ethnic group in the country. While the Fulani's are predominantly nomads, the Hausa's like the Igbos are also business inclined but unlike the Igbos, the average Hausa business man is known to speak the truth even to the detriment of his business. This explains why most Nigerians would rather do business with them hence their rise to power. People from minority tribes like Plateau state, before the recent spate of violence, trusted the Hausa's so much, they could entrust their lives and livelihood in their hands and sleep soundly. But you should know that there are dishonest Hausa people that I myself have encountered. maybe it is these dishonest people among who are currently causing a surge in the distrust of the Hausa-Fulani nationwide. I've told my Hausa-Fulani friends that their failure to call out the few among them who kill and maim for whatever reason is a sign of acquiescence but I digress. I love the Hausa-Fulanis for their simplicity and their ability to be grateful for little. The Hausa-Fulani have a high sense of the dignity of a job and do not consider any job to be beneath them. This is an attitude all Nigerians can learn from.

The Yorubas are known down here in the north for their “kolo-kolo”(there's no English word that can capture this word but we could go with shiftiness). Known nationwide for their love for education as well as “owambe”(parties), the Yorubas are perhaps the most diverse because they are in business, education, healthcare, artisanship, etc. I love the Yorubas for their rich culture and their ability to sustain the Yoruba language despite being the most educated ethnic group.

As a whole, I think each of these major tribes feels superior to to the other and thus entitled. We see this in national politics. I think they sometimes forget that Nigeria belongs to every Nigerian. Most importantly, I think each of this major ethnic group tends to be more interested in promoting its interest at the national level than the interest of Nigeria and this shouldn't be.

There you go, that's my opinion of the Hausa-Fulani, Igbo and Yoruba people of Nigeria.

P.S: There are always exceptions to any generality.

https://qr.ae/pGmUEa

5 Likes

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ygowon: 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
My own opinion is that the hausa-fulani, Igbo and Yoruba are different people being forced to stay together for the benefits of a few.

Differences in language, culture and style of living is the major problem why Nigeria can never be better. Since I was born, I have been hearing e go better, e go better but things keep getting worse.

These differences among Nigerians is the barrier to the growth of Nigeria. This can be likened to the reason why God made the languages different when the people with one language worked together to build close to heaven according to the Bible. The moment they could no longer understand each other, the project was abandoned. This shows how easy it will be for a country of fewer tribes to grow faster.

Divide Nigeria, simple!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by GodHatesBigots(m): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
ygowon:
My own opinion is that the hausa-fulani, Igbo and Yoruba are different people being forced to stay together for the benefits of a few.

Differences in language, culture and style of living is the major problem why Nigeria can never be better. Since I was born, I have been hearing e go better, e go better but things keep getting worse.

These differences among Nigerians is the barrier to the growth of Nigeria. This can be likened to the reason why God made the languages different when the people with one language worked together to build close to heaven according to the Bible. This shows how easy it will be for a country of fewer tribes to grow faster.

Divide Nigeria, simple!

But there are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria, dividing is not so easy ...

2 Likes

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by LLiKYekoba: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Start from somewhere, divide the 3 major regions first.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ygowon: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Making the tribes fewer would help. As it is, Nigeria is not getting better at all. Nigeria is growing in population with unmatched resource availability. This is the reason for the unhealthy competition here and there.

If the youths are gainfully employed, I see no reason why anyone would join banditry not to talk of unknown gunmen men.

The country should be divided along ethnicity. The smaller tribes should be grouped according to how closely related tribes are.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by triple996(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

You should have ignored him. He is one of those one-sided, bias, hate filled bigots currently destroying the country.
If Nigeria suffers, we all suffer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ygowon: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
triple996:

You should have ignored him. He is one of those one-sided, bias, hate filled bigots currently destroying the country.
If Nigeria suffers, we all suffer
Lol! I always know you are much aware of your sufferings in this country but prefer to remain in it and would not like anyone who does not want to remain in it to pullout.

You see, enjoyment is good. No one is born to suffer. If a group of people says they don't want to continue suffering, support them. Stop being an enemy of progress

5 Likes

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by Burruchaga71(m): 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Three major tribe in Nigeria are Hausa, Igbo and yoruba. There is nothing like Hausa fulani. Fulanis are the minorities in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ygowon: 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
Burruchaga71:
Three major tribe in Nigeria are Hausa, Igbo and yoruba. There is nothing like Hausa fulani. Fulanis are the minorities in Nigeria.
Very true. Unfortunately, the Fulani has dominated the hausaa

7 Likes

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by YeyeGbami: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
ygowon:
Very true. Unfortunately, the Fulani has dominated the hausaa

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by chiefobdk2: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
[quote author=GodHatesBigots post=107836158][/quote]

Rubbish write up. Hausas are honest yet they have looted Nigeria dry.. Carry ur useless assessment and shove up ur useless nyashh..
U re from minority u avoided assessing ur inconsequential tribe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by SmartPolician: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
The differences among Nigerian tribes are overwhelming. Nigeria, as arranged, has no future. It's either we restructure or balkanize the country. If not, we keep going round in cycles.

BTW, there's no Nigerian tribe that is honest. You can never say a man is honest until you give him power and money. Northerners ruled Nigeria the most and made this country a big shithole.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by LILTJAY: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yorubas are the greatest. . Bleep the other cursed major tribes tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by GodIsBiafran: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
angry angry angry stupid northern minority fool angry angry angry
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by Idiko1: 11:19pm On Nov 21, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

I am from the minorities. I've lived with the Igbos all my live and still do. I grew up with the Hausas as my closest neighbours and friends and I have friends who are Yorubas.

Many of my favorite people are Igbo e.g Chimamanda Adichie but mehn, are they loud and raucous. Lol. That aside, the Igbos are a people whose drive to “make it” has benefited the country and at the same time given them a bad name. This bad name comes from their reputation of being shady business partners who don't have integrity and their poor customer relationship. A typical Igbo business man cares nothing for you once your money has entered his pocket. Yes, there are Igbo business men who have integrity but in general, Igbo business men need to do better considering that many Nigerians would create their opinion of the Igbo people based on their dealings with Igbo business men since they are everywhere. That notwithstanding, I love the Igbos for their determination to succeed despite the odds and their ability to stick to their goals until they attain success. This determination is the reason nollywood is what it is today and the reason many Nigerians can afford new dresses and shoes(thanks to ABA boys). I also love them for their patriotism to the Igbo nation though I do wish it isn't done at the detriment of Nigeria.

The Hausa-Fulanis wrongly thought of by many as an all Muslim ethnic group is considered the largest ethnic group in the country. While the Fulani's are predominantly nomads, the Hausa's like the Igbos are also business inclined but unlike the Igbos, the average Hausa business man is known to speak the truth even to the detriment of his business. This explains why most Nigerians would rather do business with them hence their rise to power. People from minority tribes like Plateau state, before the recent spate of violence, trusted the Hausa's so much, they could entrust their lives and livelihood in their hands and sleep soundly. But you should know that there are dishonest Hausa people that I myself have encountered. maybe it is these dishonest people among who are currently causing a surge in the distrust of the Hausa-Fulani nationwide. I've told my Hausa-Fulani friends that their failure to call out the few among them who kill and maim for whatever reason is a sign of acquiescence but I digress. I love the Hausa-Fulanis for their simplicity and their ability to be grateful for little. The Hausa-Fulani have a high sense of the dignity of a job and do not consider any job to be beneath them. This is an attitude all Nigerians can learn from.

The Yorubas are known down here in the north for their “kolo-kolo”(there's no English word that can capture this word but we could go with shiftiness). Known nationwide for their love for education as well as “owambe”(parties), the Yorubas are perhaps the most diverse because they are in business, education, healthcare, artisanship, etc. I love the Yorubas for their rich culture and their ability to sustain the Yoruba language despite being the most educated ethnic group.

As a whole, I think each of these major tribes feels superior to to the other and thus entitled. We see this in national politics. I think they sometimes forget that Nigeria belongs to every Nigerian. Most importantly, I think each of this major ethnic group tends to be more interested in promoting its interest at the national level than the interest of Nigeria and this shouldn't be.

There you go, that's my opinion of the Hausa-Fulani, Igbo and Yoruba people of Nigeria.

P.S: There are always exceptions to any generality.

https://qr.ae/pGmUEa

There no iota of human intellect expressed in the above crap. By the way, there is no ethnic group in Nigeria known as Hausa-Fulanis.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by babasolution: 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
The Fulani are an elite representation of the Hausa,there is no Hausa without the Fulani,it's sealed forever,that is the grave danger of yielding to conquest,which many southern tribes are currently toying with, if they aren't careful they too will fall into that mess of the elites being invaders,it can happen to anyone, it happened to the English, Chinese etc.Also the Hausa are not honest, they are only to the point they have no alternative, once they have a choice their true color manifests,this is what the plateau people have been experiencing for the last decade, the true nature if the Hausa/Fulani elite who they once thought as simple honest people have become their albatross,the Yoruba are a weak people and any effective campaign against them will easily succeed,only the igbos are a relatively stable major ethnic group.Also many do not realise that the minorities are actually a better culture that the 3majors

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ABOKI9ja: 1:34am On Nov 22, 2021
babasolution:
The Fulani are an elite representation of the Hausa,there is no Hausa without the Fulani,it's sealed forever,that is the grave danger of yielding to conquest,which many southern tribes are currently toying with, if they aren't careful they too will fall into that mess of the elites being invaders,it can happen to anyone, it happened to the English, Chinese etc.Also the Hausa are not honest, they are only to the point they have no alternative, once they have a choice their true color manifests,this is what the plateau people have been experiencing for the last decade, the true nature if the Hausa/Fulani elite who they once thought as simple honest people have become their albatross,the Yoruba are a weak people and any effective campaign against them will easily succeed,only the igbos are a relatively stable major ethnic group.Also many do not realise that the minorities are actually a better culture that the 3majors
Hausas don't have time explaining themselves to strangers but you should know your view about Hausa is totally wrong. Elites like Dangote & abdusamad are Hausas so you should know this and if you like change your view
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by Igboid: 2:14am On Nov 22, 2021
chiefobdk2:

Rubbish write up. Hausas are honest yet they have looted Nigeria dry.. Carry ur useless assessment and shove up ur useless nyashh..
U re from minority u avoided assessing ur inconsequential tribe

I tire.

1 Like

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by Rugaria: 2:49am On Nov 22, 2021
babasolution:

@ the bolded
How?
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by FallenShitHole: 3:01am On Nov 22, 2021
There is nothing like hausa/fulani. Stop fooling yourself with that nonexistent ethnic group that was created by the fulanis to fool you minorities in the north. It's either hausa or fulani, which one were you referring to? Be specific.
You should also stop buying into the yoruba propaganda of being the most educated in your dungeon called nigeria. Education statistics since the past 20 years which are easily verifiable via google have projected the Igbos as the most educated in your dungeon, yet yorubas are still mischievously pushing their "most educated" nonsense without shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by kettykin: 3:15am On Nov 22, 2021
ABOKI9ja:
Hausas don't have time explaining themselves to strangers but you should know your view about Hausa is totally wrong. Elites like Dangote & abdusamad are Hausas so you should know this and if you like change your view

Are the dangote ,abdulsamad more honest than the Nestoil, chisco, ekene dili Chukwu. It seems some people are raping the country at the national level while others are raping the country at individual level while the others are raping the country at international level. The people who looted Nigeria to where it is are north and Yoruba .

Check the Siemens scam , those that killed nitell,Mtel, Nigeria airways, NNPC, NEPA etc

The people who through their poor understanding has contributed to the woes of Nigeria are minorities.

1 Like

Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ariesbull: 5:11am On Nov 22, 2021
You people should stop this Hausa speak they truth... They are the most criminal minded from
Abacha to All these Hausa corrupt politician to the ones that have refused to build schools for the people so corrupt
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by juman(m): 5:24am On Nov 22, 2021
ABOKI9ja:

Averagely if you see four people in core north, hausas are three of them. three quarter of core north.
IBB, abdulsalam, etc are hausas.
Most of the leaders you see and hate so much in the core are hausas.

Largely hausas own nigeria.
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by juman(m): 5:26am On Nov 22, 2021
ariesbull:
You people should stop this Hausa speak they truth... They are the most criminal minded from
Abacha to All these Hausa corrupt politician to the ones that have refused to build schools for the people so corrupt

Abacha is borno man not hausa.

Ordinary hausas on the street are the most trusted nigerians.

While today fulani is a criminal tribe.
Led by foolish leaders like buhari and others.
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ariesbull: 5:41am On Nov 22, 2021
juman:

Abacha is borno man not hausa.

Ordinary hausas on the street are the most trusted nigerians.

While today fulani is a criminal tribe.
Led by foolish leaders like buhari and others.

So all these criminals that have been changing dollars and short changing prior are not Hausa

Ganduje is Igbo

All these Hausa selling foodstuff that sell the bad products under

Hausa are bunch of criminals also
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ariesbull: 5:42am On Nov 22, 2021
juman:

Averagely if you see four people in core north, hausas are three of them. three quarter of core north.
IBB, abdulsalam, etc are hausas.
Most of the leaders you see and hate so much in the core are hausas.

Largely hausas own nigeria.

Because they are bunch of corrupted minds that will be happy to see their people backward
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by juman(m): 5:47am On Nov 22, 2021
ariesbull:

So all these criminals that have been changing dollars and short changing prior are not Hausa

Ganduje is Igbo

All these Hausa selling foodstuff that sell the bad products under

Hausa are bunch of criminals also

Ganduje is fulani, he as corrupt has your state governor.

Of course there are some criminals among ordinary hausas, particularly as nigeria degenerated most nigerians become more dishonest..
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by juman(m): 5:51am On Nov 22, 2021
ariesbull:

Because they are bunch of corrupted minds that will be happy to see their people backward

IBB is hausa man.
He stole twelve billion dollars.

Many billion dollars got missing during eleven months ruling of abdulsalam.
Those governors that are hausas are as corrupt as governors from other part of the country.
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ariesbull: 5:53am On Nov 22, 2021
juman:

Ganduje is fulani, he as corrupt has your state governor.

Of course there are some criminals among ordinary hausas, particularly as nigeria degenerated most nigerians become more dishonest..
Oya keep shifting post

Hausa are into crimes.. What about those guys that change dollars that will short change you or if you don't look well they will give you a fake money

Bunch of criminals
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by ariesbull: 5:53am On Nov 22, 2021
juman:

IBB is hausa man.
He stole twelve billion dollars.

Many billion dollars got missing during eleven months ruling of abdulsalam.
Those governors that are hausas are as corrupt as governors from other part of the country.
theirs are worst.... Hausa trader is corrupt also
Re: Northern Minority Tribe Lady Expresses Opinion On 3 Major Tribes Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 22, 2021
ygowon:

These differences among Nigerians is the barrier to the growth of Nigeria. This can be likened to the reason why God made the languages different when the people with one language worked together to build close to heaven according to the Bible. The moment they could no longer understand each other, the project was abandoned. This shows how easy it will be for a country of fewer tribes to grow faster.

Divide Nigeria, simple!

You are very correct. We ain’t the same, we ain’t alike apart from the skin and we shouldn’t be in the same country as one. We can live together as neighbours, support each other and build our own nations. There is no force in patriotism.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Are The Only People That Used Their Money To Build Two Airports / Lalong Is Not Competent To Be VP, But Competent As Campaign DG / Video:Tinubu Former Deputy Warns Nigerians He Will Turn Nigeria To Mafia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.