Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,822 members, 7,828,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

africa, the cursed land. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / africa, the cursed land. (1855 Views)

Nigeria V South Africa: The Battle For African Supremacy - BBC / GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Africa: The Causes Of Under- Development And The Challenges Of Globalisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

africa, the cursed land. by luka1981(m): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
i must start from saying that i am 100% African, my future generation is going to be 100% Africans, but it always beat my imagination why Africans and Africa are the way they are today.
    i have many questions that have been bordering my mind. my question is always why, why and why? Africa, Africa and Africa.
i will start by saying that the worst European is better than the best African.
we Africans are our brother killers. envious and greedy, we love gossips like food. the darker our skin the worse our behaviour. very wicked, heartless, the word honour is not in our dictionary, we belongs to makaveli's world, that a winner should be happy no matter how he wins. no wonder the Governor general o Nigeria, lord Fredrick luggard insisted that our brain is not closer to  that  of the Europeans or Asians but to that of the animals.
  and in world competition's, we are champions in HIV/AIDS, starvation and poverty,WAR,GENOCIDE,DISEASES,UNDERDEVELOPMENT, our political section is a big shame.
   then, my questions are why? why? and why?. some biblical student who tried to get the answer for me said we were the cursed tribe. and one actor said Africa is GOD forgoten place. why should the almighty God curse us in the first place? my worry is that our ancient great leader like Halie Silesia, king marthin Luther, has tried to fight injustice especial against the black race by the white race, but the fight is now a mockery of what we are seeing. disorganised Africans, many can sell they brothers to the whites for economics reason. and tomorrow they will still complain of racism.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by luka1981(m): 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
i think the world will start ending from africa.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by kasiem(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
Poster, ur life is not worth cursing otherwise i would have done that. But, just go on with ur miserable life
Re: africa, the cursed land. by Calculia: 7:42am On Jun 10, 2011
There is an element of truth to the poster comments. Africans need to start asking themselves question, starting with WHY?
Re: africa, the cursed land. by enyojo(f): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2011
[center][size=16pt]AFRICA IS NOT CURSED
WE ARE THE CAUSE![/size]
[/center]
Re: africa, the cursed land. by djon78(m): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
it is all down to mental weakness, inability to use our brains and thought process. there is nothing a white or asian can achieve that we blacks cannot do or even surpass. it is just that we have left the use of our brains, living aloof. if we africans begin to think deep, use our brains, remove brain lazziness and rise up to the challenges facing us we will even surpass the rest part of the world, it is not rocket science it is pure what you put in you will get as output.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by ektbear: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
Africa is blessed. Mismanaged, but very blessed as a continent
Re: africa, the cursed land. by djon78(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
people like steve jobs, bill gates, mark zuckberg, michael dell, richard branson are mere human like us but still look at what they have been able to achieve. if we are determined as a people, and rise up to the challenge we can surpass this men. it all boils down to what have we got upstairs, mental alertness and properly using of our brain, simple.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by 2muchlogic(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
Cursed? no, try to be more objective and look at the facts.  Africa simply needs better managers, look at what Fashola has done after one term in Lagos, without impediments in a corrupt system he could have done more.  Management encompasses many different disciplines finance, technology, economics, warfare etc and africans have failed to manage their countries properly! 

One of the bigest problems is the fact that the Europeans drew crazy maps which grouped people with nothing in common and also wiped out other relations overnight. The solution?

1. The establishment of professional, independent institutions to facilitate a conducive environment for the development of business and technology

2. An overhaul of the eurocentric political system in favour of an African centered system.

3. Establishment of more free trade areas all over Africa for Africans.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by ektbear: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2011
2muchlogic:

3. Establishment of more free trade areas all over Africa for Africans.

What do you mean by this? Especially that "for Africans" part?
Re: africa, the cursed land. by unipol(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2011
what?
Re: africa, the cursed land. by buzugee(m): 11:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
bros speak for yourself. dont project your life situation to the rest of us. there are millions of people in africa as we speak drinking cristal and eating fried snails in their owned homes grin grin grin
Re: africa, the cursed land. by emofine(f): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2011
luka1981:
i will start by saying that the worst European is better than the best African.
we Africans are our brother killers. envious and greedy, we love gossips like food. the darker our skin the worse our behaviour. very wicked, heartless, the word honour is not in our dictionary, we belongs to makaveli's world, that a winner should be happy no matter how he wins. no wonder the Governor general o Nigeria, lord Fredrick luggard insisted that our brain is not closer to  that  of the Europeans or Asians but to that of the animals.
  and in world competition's, we are champions in HIV/AIDS, starvation and poverty,WAR,GENOCIDE,DISEASES,UNDERDEVELOPMENT, our political section is a big shame.

If you sincerely subscribe to all that above don't worry, it is not Africa that is "cursed" it is your mind that is CURSED.
I just hope say you be artificial African, after-all we no wan add to our "curses" before msheew (smh)
Re: africa, the cursed land. by nedu666: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2011
@ op, all whoever says africa is not cursed is being economical with the truth, more than 1/2 of the world's poorest nations are in africa, oil producing nations in africa are poorer than their counterparts in asia, in the 21st century with all the natural resources yet most nations cant generate electricity, can,t build hospitals, can,t create jobs, can,t motivate its citizens and u say we are not cursed. IF u still think we are not cursed then look at the tv and see the no of africa countries that require food aid, despite having 30m sq km of land, every time the face of poverty, want and neglect is shown it is africa, everytime aid concert it is africa, pls we are cursed. if u don,t know what is poverty i suggest u visit most parts in nigeria and u will be speechless.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by buzugee(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2011
nedu666:

@ op, all  whoever says africa is not cursed is being economical with the truth, more than 1/2 of the world's poorest nations are in africa,  oil producing nations in africa are poorer than their counterparts in asia, in the 21st century with all the natural resources yet most nations cant generate electricity, can,t build hospitals, can,t create jobs, can,t motivate its citizens and u say we are not cursed. IF u still think we are not cursed then look at the tv and see the no of africa countries that require food aid, despite having 30m sq km of land, every time the face of poverty, want and neglect is shown it is africa, everytime aid concert it is africa, pls we are cursed. if u don,t know what is poverty i suggest u visit most parts in nigeria and u will be speechless.
africa is not cursed. its people like you who are cursed. answer me this ? what have you manufactured or created that will benefit the lives of africans ? what expertise do you bring to the table ? now imagine if every african is as dumb as you with no kinda usable skills whatsoever ? can you see where the curse is ? its with you. not africa.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by buzugee(m): 10:56am On Jun 16, 2011
i see africans like you al the time. you take your curse with you wherever you go. you are in europe doing all kinds of evil things, you are in china using chinese girls to carry drugs, you are in america doing mortgage frauds, you are in india and south africa doing prostitution and printing fake money. you are taking your curse to other lands. are you starting to see the full picture ? its people like you, that are cursed, not africa. its you worshippers of fast money. instant gratification. will rather get it fast than appply mysef. will rather oppress than build up my neighbors. you are the curse not africa
Re: africa, the cursed land. by nedu666: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
@buguzee no need to get worked up. whether cursed or not, the bottom line remains africa ought not to be where it is, there is no reason why a continent that was colonized and exploited and is still being should be poor. Secondly when i use the word "cursed" i don't use it in a religious sense as in placing a curse on someone, rather it is viewed i the sense of paradox of plenty, curse of the black crude.
Re: africa, the cursed land. by buzugee(m): 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2011
nedu666:

@buguzee no need to get worked up. whether cursed or not, the bottom line remains africa ought not to be where it is, there is no reason why a continent that was colonized and exploited and is still being should be poor. Secondly when i use the word "cursed" i don't use it in a religious sense as in placing a curse on someone, rather it is viewed i the sense of paradox of plenty, curse of the black crude.
what do you do for a living ?
Re: africa, the cursed land. by unipol(m): 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
buzugee:

what do you do for a living ?

your choice of words say it all.
yes africa is good, but why are africans running away.

(1) (Reply)

Aworis, Edo, Igallas, Itshekiri, Ijaws, Beroms And Jews Are Closer To Igbos / President Goodluck Jonathan And Failed Promises / Postcard From Hell 2012 - Nigeria Makes Number 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.