Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest (820 Views)

Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo / Obi To Tribunal: Tinubu Ineligible To Be President Over $460k Forfeiture / Sowore: Gambari's Role During Abacha's Regime Makes Him Unfit to be COS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by jmoore(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2021
If you have been convicted you do not have eligibility to stand for election.

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Asgard73: 7:35am On Nov 22, 2021
Illiteracy...

..... show us the judgement that convicted him.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by gidgiddy: 7:39am On Nov 22, 2021
jmoore:

Unless your conviction has been overturned, which in his case, it has

4 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Nukilia: 8:19am On Nov 22, 2021
Obasanjo too is an ex convict

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by CandyOps(m): 8:19am On Nov 22, 2021
Tell that to Buhari and Obasanjo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by PrinceOfLagos: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2021
Ignorant OP

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Deborah98(f): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2021
So what are you trying to say undecided that igbos has no place in presidency sad
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by jmoore(m): 8:30am On Nov 22, 2021
gidgiddy:

Unless your conviction has been overturned, which in his case, it has

EFCC was stopped by the court for a retrial of Orji Uzor Kalu. The judge proved that OUK is an exconvict to win the case.

The judge cited section 36 (9) of the Nigerian constitution and Section 238 (2) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (2015), in saying, “no person
can be retried on the offence upon which he has been convicted."

Kanu benefitted from this judgment by being an exconvict not by an overturned conviction.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by jmoore(m): 8:31am On Nov 22, 2021
Deborah98:
So what are you trying to say undecided that igbos has no place in presidency sad

We have Kingsley Moghalu. We should not present Ndi Ori as candidates.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Deborah98(f): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2021
jmoore:

We have Kingsley Moghalu. We should not present Ndi Ori as candidates.
No be Kingsley come out which year and what happened to him... I don't know but I feel we Igbos don't love ourselves so much and we aren't truthful enough.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by jmoore(m): 8:41am On Nov 22, 2021
Deborah98:
No be Kingsley come out which year and what happened to him... I don't know but I feel we Igbos don't love ourselves so much and we aren't truthful enough.
A man that will govern well or a man that can't govern?

Orji Uzor Kalu was governor of Abia state for 8 years, what did he achieve?

Must we support a thief?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Deborah98(f): 8:45am On Nov 22, 2021
jmoore:

Must we support a thief?
No
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by kettykin: 8:57am On Nov 22, 2021
All Nigerian former heads of state since 1999 are exconvicts apart Jonathan and Shonekan. Even Mandela was an exconvict
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by gidgiddy: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2021
jmoore:

EFCC was stopped by the court for a retrial of Orji Uzor Kalu. The judge proved that OUK is an exconvict to win the case.

The judge cited section 36 (9) of the Nigerian constitution and Section 238 (2) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (2015), in saying, “no person

Kanu benefitted from this judgment by being an exconvict not by an overturned conviction.

Im not a fan of the political prostitute called Orji Uzor Kalu, but the fact is that his conviction has been overturned and qushed by the supreme court. That means that all decisions made by lower courts is null and void

As of today, he is not a convict in the eyes of the law

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Danjikanbauchi: 11:14am On Nov 22, 2021
Yorubas will cry blood about OUK, since Tinubu has pledge his obedience and respect to OUK we are with in support of him.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Danjikanbauchi: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2021
Deborah98:
Afonja dont live themselves you mean ? MURIC against any Afonja that is not a Muslim or Tinubu refusing to speak against fulani Terrorists groups killing and raping Afonja kpekus ? We have read that line of WE IGBOS DONT LOVE OURSELVES. And we have seen how ibos love and help themselves by single handedly building projects that government refused to build for them,
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by JaroMan: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2021
Deborah98:
Which one is "we Igbos"? So Orji Kalu is the person Igbos will support to show they love themselves? If I slap you ehnn.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by ObiOfOnitcha: 11:26am On Nov 22, 2021
Only fools, baby factory criminals and drug traffickers will not understand this,

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by paramakina202: 11:31am On Nov 22, 2021
jmoore:

Was OBJ not convicted and was doing his time in prison when he was released to run for president of Nigeria?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:45am On Nov 22, 2021
jmoore:
his people hate him with a passion
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Is An Exconvict, Which Makes Him Ineligible To Contest by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2021
jmoore:
If to say na that one, him qualify for Nigeria!

Look at your past presidents, you will see the ones that were jailed!

I for one would not want Orji Kalu to be president because he's corrupt but then so is Buhari, Tinubu, El-rufai, Ganduje...

So abeg, talk another one!

(1) (Reply)

Brief Histroy Of Agbor/ika Delta State / Picture Of Day: Our Brothers From Rivers / The Symbol In Tinubu Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.