Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. (13736 Views)

When You Thought You Have Seen It All, Then Boom (shocking) / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table / Man Slams Covenant University Over Job Interview Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by MichaelsHope(m): 11:39am On Nov 22, 2021
I am putting this up for the sake of those who will receive the same in the future. This particular interview is a one of the notable SCAM INTERVIEWS flying around.

So, I was invited to this interview. I saw the advert on Sunday.

When I got there my mind was telling me this would be another stuff. Names were written. Attendance was taken.

Individually, we were called to a waiting room based on our attendance. When I was called in this waiting room.

He collected my CV.

The interview goes thus.

Interviewer: Good Morning.

ME: Good Morning, Sir.

There he wrote my name in a plane along others.

Interviewer: You are welcome. Bring your CV.

ME: I gave it to him.

They were two in the room.

Interviewer: GENTLEMAN, were you invited through mail or what?

ME: Through mail.

Interviewer: There is a link on the message. It tells about what we do. Have you gone through it?

ME: No. What's your firm all about?

Interviewer: We XYZ company. We are into consultancy. We help people develop business mindset. To be free instead of looking for job.

ME: OK!

At that point I knew something was amiss.

Interviewer: We will train you so that you can train others.

Then he said I should go to the waiting room where others were sitting for the training. When I got back to the sit we weren't allowed to converse. I noted that people were moving out one-after-the-other.

I was asked to move to another seat when they noted I was conversing with a guy close to me.

I left few minutes thereafter.

E pain me small because of money spent from Ondo State to this particular interview.

Kindly learn from this. Share for others to take a congnissance of the address, tactics and devices..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Diligent1(f): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
You should have googled it before going there.
They always send the invitation to me but I always ignore it.

11 Likes

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by mayowascholar(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Dailymice: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
grin
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by babyfaceafrica: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
They are many online, shameless people. Imagine coming from ondo to lagos. Sorry bro

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Possitivevibe: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Lol. Hw u go go interview. U no knw what’s all about
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Eriokanmi: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Pęlé but never be discouraged. I don attend such interview before only to find out that we're going to be visiting offices to sell ideas without pay or fare. It was commission based. They were an insurance broking firm at Yaba. Chivalry Marchants Ltd...I'm mentioning them cos I later learnt they were no more in existence. That was in 2003.

Another one which I saw inside the guardian newspaper...sorry in case mods feel am advertising their name. It was the only means through which we were getting job tips and adverts in those days. Applicants don't buy the newspaper anymore cos job adverts are now mainly being sought online.

In short, I didn't allow this to discourage me, I pressed on. I could post 20 applications in one week at the post office back then. Online postings weren't so popular, except a few . I reluctantly applied to a telecoms job whose HQ was at Ikoyi unknowingly. The name wasn't mentioned at all. At the end of the advert which filled up a whole page, they only stated ...The Advertiser.

It was on the day i honoured the invite for an aptitude test at a hall in Unilag,beside the ocean that I got to know them. The first test was so though and time given was so short. After the 2nd test which was so simple but with a cut off point of 75 out of 100 and to be attempted in 20 minutes. Luckily I scaled through. I scored 76. I passed the first one very narrowly. See the place like oshodi...crowd was much. Those who came from outside lagos but couldn't pass first test were asked to produce flight tickets, they refunded them and paid one night hotel accommodation so they could return the following day. Those who came by road too were refunded accordingly. When the 2nd test was over, they did the same for those who didn't make it. Around 5pm, one man by the name John ( one of their directors) came to address us. That was when we knew who they were. A few were also dropped at the oral interview, during which salary,job conditions, etc were discussed. I only told them I needed a place where I could grow and contribute my quota in return and so, they could pay me based on their salary structure which I believed they already had and I'd be fine. I was forced to mention an amount but I didn't. Eventually, I was paid more than the amount I had in mind. Naxo I get the job oo. On the first day of training, see brand new laptop and a car key tear rubber oo which they gave the 8 of us each. Na the dealer drivers carry them come. It was like a dream to me. Then I remembered an adage which says , if you suffered for 20 years, all would be forgotten over enjoyment of 20 minutes.

The moral of my epistle is, don't get discouraged OP. Your time and turn are near. Before that time, I had posted over 200 applications. God prevailed. On the day of resumption, I still met 3 strange faces who didn't participate in any of those though stages with us. Who am I to ask questions, dem be directors candidate.

I was so excited and that was the turning point in my career. I travelled taya for training.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Nyanabo(m): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
Doh
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Mayour11(m): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
Wow
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
MichaelsHope:
I am putting this up for the sake of those who will receive the same in the future. This particular interview is a one of the notable SCAM INTERVIEWS flying around.

When I got there my mind was telling me this would be another stuff. Names were written. Attendance was taken.

Individually, we were called to a waiting room based on our attendance. When I was called in this waiting room.

He collected my CV.

The interview goes thus.

Interviewer: There is a link on the message. It tells about what we do. Have you gone through it?

Interviewer: We XYZ company. We are into consultancy. We help people develop business mindset. To be free instead of looking for job.

Then he said I should go to the waiting room where others were sitting for the training. When I got back to the sit we weren't allowed to converse. I noted that people were moving out one-after-the-other.

I was asked to move to another seat when they noted I was conversing with a guy close to me.

E pain me small because of money spent from Ondo State to this particular interview.

Kindly learn from this. Share for others to take a congnissance of the address, tactics and devices..

You self nor try at all. How can u see a company named Fabrin consults u run go. Which one is fabrin again

18 Likes

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Fyie: 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
And dem dey know when pesin dey badly look for work.
Is like dis people dey work with devil undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by nelskals(m): 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Any invite around pencinema axis ,abeg just ignore them . Use that transport money chop better food that day

12 Likes

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by davit: 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
They said Ogun Lagos resident to avoid story like this. Imagine you coming all the way from Ondo. Sorry.

Everything about the mail isn't in order. Imagine the Job line self.

5 Likes

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by FBIBOT(m): 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
grin the thing dey pain

2 Likes

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by parkervero(m): 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
MichaelsHope:

He collected my CV.

The interview goes thus.

This is exactly what happened to me in 2019 in Ikeja

9 Likes

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Ademola47(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
I think it would have been a different case if you had done a thorough online verification of the firm.
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by IamNumeroUno: 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
It's really unfortunate that people go out of the way to perpetuate fraud, especially against poor job seekers.

They take advantage of the lack of jobs in the country and the difficult situations caused by this clueless government.

Buhari promised 25 million jobs, instead, more and more people are becoming jobless by the day. When you try to talk, his paid agents who are obviously underpaid and grossly incompetent and lack the foresight, will jump on your case and call you all sort of names.

If you have a means of leaving the country for the time being, please do. When all sensible people leave, maybe, they will feed on themselves and probably, we return to meet less idi.ots, then we can round them up and decide what fate is commensurate with their stupidly.

Buhari, Osinbajo and all those who have directly or otherwise contributed to these hardships will NEVER escape karma. One way or the other, they will pay.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
You weren't informed also , continue.

1 Like

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by hatchy(f): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Possitivevibe:
Lol. Hw u go go interview. U no knw what’s all about
Na dem....scammers

GNLDAPC.

Join the evil party and become evil personified.
Join the evil company and your shoes becomes bended.

1 Like

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by donsilas(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
I thought they said the job was for Ogun/Lagos residents... Sorry about the stress!!

Always, always search here for any interview before attending especially for unpopular unverifiable organisations.

Thankfully you are safely back to your residence.

1 Like

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by trippleKAY(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
U should have make enquiries online before you go naw, this is a very common scam cool
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Finewarriboy: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Nomorelove: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Y
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Cleanworld(f): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
The Legend Baba Suwe Is Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWb5y5hbUY

1 Like

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by AntiWailer: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Na wa
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by ashybabs(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Nu format
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by seunoni34(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
That's GNLD!
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Chummynoni(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
Sorry about your ordeal. You should have taken cognizance of the Ogun/Lagos only restriction.
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
grin
Fyie:
And dem dey know when pesin dey badly look for work.
Is like dis people dey work with devil undecided

1 Like

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Skillsnigeria: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Nackzy: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
MichaelsHope:

He collected my CV.

The interview goes thus.

My brother they've been doing this for years, i was a victim back then in Port harcourt, they told me that the company has agreed to employ me and they've taken upon themselves to pay 70% of my medicals then if i am ready to take the job i should pay the 30% immediately and start the work automatically, i told them i don't have Cash they brought out POS

I went for another they were singing praises of their boss, that he's mentor, young billionier, if you're not clapping as i am talking then you're not ready to be a billionaire, to cut the long story they will introuce something they will say the first 5 people to grab the opportunity will enjoy a discount... Bla bla bla, my brother i have experience everything as a result of my quest to get a Job, thank God i wasn't killed

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. by Restroom: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
Thank your God,you were not dealing with ritualist s. You won't be alive to make this post.

You job seekers should stop going to take interviews.......some have gone and disappear we thereafter

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin / Is Nigeria Prison Service Job Good For Married Women? / 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.