Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals (3612 Views)

12 Movie Sequels We Can't Wait To See In 2015 / The Originals Season 2 / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by MrMurdah: 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
Know any sequels that ended up better than the original?

Let's know!

Mine

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army way better than the 1st part.

The Godfather 2 eons ahead of the first part

Spiderman 2 was better than 1 and 3 was better than 2 ( special efx advancement I guess)
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by obinna5000(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
- X2: X-Men United (2003). The best in the X-Men film franchise so far. I haven't seen X-Men: First Class yet though.

- The Dark Knight (2008). The sequel to Batman Begins. Even though I like Batman Begins, I still feel TDK is a major improvement on the previous film.

- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). It's better than Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation.

- Spiderman 2 (2004)

- Aliens (1986) - The direct sequel to the classic 1979 Ridley Scott film Alien. Very nice.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by obinna5000(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Mr Murdah
I enjoyed watching both 'The Godfather' (1972) and 'The Godfather' part II (1974).
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by MrMurdah: 8:47am On Jun 09, 2011
Predator 2 with Danny Glover, better than the 1st part.

Matrix 2 was better than the 1st part as well.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by obinna5000(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2011
@Mr Murdah
I still prefer the first Matrix movie.
Matrix Reloaded was ok but Matrix Revolutions sucked.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by linkin8k(m): 9:19am On Jun 09, 2011
To me the first matrix was the best. The sequels lost the bullet dodging stuff and got more into machines.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by eldee(m): 11:38am On Jun 10, 2011
Mission Impossible: MI:2 was easily the best thing that's happened to espionage movies bar none.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by yesboss20(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2011
Yes. Mission impossible 2 was galaxies betar than pt 1. Matrix reloaded was more intrstg (in special efx) than the matrix but da storyline was messed up.
Spiderman 2, then 3, da dark knight (gripping movie), taxi 2, X-men 2 (every other one has been terrible, xcpt da latest), Terminator 2, although pt 3 was kinda scarier and so on.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Vieira(m): 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
MI 2 better than the original?

None of the sequels to Mission Impossible have matched the first one, not even close.

jeez.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by queensmith: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
the dark knight is probably one of the best movies ever! i dont even need to watch the prequels!
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by LongOne1(m): 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
Prefer Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End to the first two. Still consider it better than the latest one.

Also prefer Chronicles of Riddick to Pitch Black.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
shrek1 was cool but 2 3 and whatevers were really tight

alvin and the chimpmunks1 was beter than 2
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by yuzedo: 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
The Dark Knight, OMG! TewwMadt!
. . Godfather 2 wasnt superior to 1 abeg o! The Triology is my all-time favorite movie sha,
. . . And the Matrix 2 definitely didnt beat Part 1. . lipsrsealed
Generally sha, its usually hard to beat the first movie in a series, i'm thinking hard but nothing readily comes to mind. . Maybe Yogo Pam-Pam? grin tongue
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
In most cases movie sequels are not as tight as the original and I can only mention a few which were better , Terminator 2 comes tops in this category. But saying MI 2 was better than 1 is way outta line. Someone also mentions predator 2 and Shrek 2 being better than the originals , are you guys for real
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
you guys are jobless
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by LongOne1(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
rafhell:

you guys are jobless

says the person who isn't, but still had time to read, scroll down, click reply and type a comment  grin
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2011
Any Nollywood movie.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by 190: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
Nairaland 2 was better than Nairalist 1 angry angry
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by collinsJn(m): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
D Current SPARTACUS In d Market Is Far Far Better dan d Ist One,It was Actually Acted Around Early 60.
Don't Ever Try 2 Watch dat First Spartacus,cause Comparing d 1st and diz Current One,will Only Make U Call 4 d Head Of d Producers,Directors etc of d former.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Parnassuss(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
collins Jn:

D Current SPARTACUS In d Market Is Far Far Better dan d Ist One,It was Actually Acted Around Early 60.
Don't Ever Try 2 Watch dat First Spartacus,cause Comparing d 1st and diz Current One,will Only Make U Call 4 d Head Of d Producers,Directors etc of d former.

Roger that! In fact I won't watch any Spartacuses f you don't mind.
X-Men 2 kicked the rest out the water same as Spiderman 2 did. Also 'Lords of the Ring 2: Two Towers' was great, not saying it beat the rest but for me the best scene I have seen in a movie was the rallying speech the King gave to his troops when they had to ride out as they tried to give escaping civilians cover. And hey, Die Hard 3 was the freaking bomb as well.
The major exception to the 'better sequence movies' are ALL disney movies. WTF, those guys act as if ten years old write their sequels. I got bored one night and watched Mulan 2 I had download eons ago. Suffice to say Mulan 2 is not with us anymore.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by MMM2(m): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2011
fakebook is better than facebook. undecided
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Delafruita(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
Terminator 2 was definitely better that 1 for me.mission impossible was way better than the first.die hard kept getting better.lord of the rings is a trilogy so cant really seperate them into different movies.am still trying to make up my mind on which of the hangovers i prefer.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by GoodBoi1(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
Only action movies? Step up 2 and 3.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by oiseworld: 12:47am On Jun 12, 2011
Delafruita:

Terminator 2 was definitely better that 1 for me.mission impossible was way better than the first.die hard kept getting better.lord of the rings is a trilogy so cant really seperate them into different movies.am still trying to make up my mind on which of the hangovers i prefer.

did you really watch terminator 1 when it actually came out. if you did i don't think you should include " definitely" in your comment.

T 1. was a bomb but T 2, not deffinitely better
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by EvilBrain1(m): 1:28am On Jun 12, 2011
Aliens
The Godfather 2
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight
Terminator 2
Toy Story 3
The Bourne Ultimatum
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by didoburns(m): 6:56am On Jun 12, 2011
Mr Murdah:

Know any sequels that ended up better than the original?

Let's know!

Mine

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army way better than the 1st part.

The Godfather 2 eons ahead of the first part

Spiderman 2 was better than 1 and 3 was better than 2 ( special efx advancement I guess)

I totally agree with you especially with the spiderman 2 that was my Fave movie for more than 2 yrs after it came out
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by iice(f): 7:18am On Jun 12, 2011
Vieira:

None of the sequels to Mission Impossible have matched the first one, not even close.

Gotta agree.

And i don't see how Predator 2 is even remotely as good as the first one.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by obinna5000(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2011
iice:

And i don't see how Predator 2 is even remotely as good as the first one.

@iice
cheesy The first one is still the best. Predators (2010) no try at all. undecided
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by iice(f): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2011
Lol Lawrence Fishburne was my highlight in the 2010 one.
Even the AVPs sef no try.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by obinna5000(m): 7:38am On Jun 12, 2011
iice:

Lol Lawrence Fishburne was my highlight in the 2010 one. 
Even the AVPs sef no try.

@iice
No mention those AVPs abeg. Loads of crap. Eyama. tongue cheesy
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Vieira(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
The AVP's movies were a lost opportunity

If they read the original AVP comic and just filmed that, it would have been 1000% better, that comic was hardcore but no Hollywood must do their own stupid thing.

Nonsense.
Re: Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals by Vieira(m): 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Help With This Script / Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 / Nigerian Tv Stations In Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.