Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? (918 Views)

Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good afternoon NL
am not really into carwash business but "na condition dey make crayfish bend". I just finished washing a mans car at his house{so it could be called homeservice} and i was paid six hundred naira N600.

how much do you currently wash your car at the car wash?

royalroy
rocktation
feiburger

1 Like

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by isaiah4life(m): 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
I wash 10thousand by faith. I go get car in IJN.

1 Like

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Mariangeles(f): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Do you want to know if you were underpaid? I think the pay is fair.
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Dailyparrot: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Good afternoon NL
am not really into carwash business but "na condition dey make crayfish bend". I just finished washing a mans car at his house{so it could be called homeservice} and i was paid six hundred naira N600.

royalroy
rocktation
feiburger

I don't know if your story is to make front page because I don't know why you are tagging the moderators.

However, there are different types of car wash. Exterior only, interior only, engine included, etc.

Full wash is nothing less than 3k. So, if you washed the car's exterior and interior and got paid 600 naira, that's not a fair payment.

Here in Lagos, interior alone is 1k, exterior 500-700 naira, engine 1k-1k500.

And home service should even make it higher.

I hardly use car wash services because they don't wash the car as much as I can and they just pour water too hard on the body with their host which isn't good for the paint.

2 Likes

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mariangeles:
Do you want to know if you were underpaid? I think the pay is fair.

yeah i think i was underpaid. although i they gave me breakfast lol
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Mariangeles(f): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
azraeljaheel:

yeah i think i was underpaid. although i they gave me breakfast lol

Did you wash only the exterior?
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dailyparrot:

I don't know if your story is to make front page because I don't know why you are tagging the moderators.

?

However, there are different types of car wash. Exterior only, interior only, engine included, etc.

Full wash is nothing less than 3k. So, if you washed the car's exterior and interior and got paid 600 naira, that's not a fair payment.

Here in Lagos, interior alone is 1k, exterior 500-700 naira, engine 1k-1k500.

And home service should even make it higher.

i did in&out and for the homeservice thing, i dont work in a carwash i just asked to help them{long story}

I hardly use car wash services because they don't wash the car as much as I can and they just pour water too hard on the body with their host which isn't good for the paint.

do we have any automated carwash service in lagos?
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mariangeles:

Did you wash only the exterior?

nope

interior and exterior

another question is do i have the right to place them on a fixed price since they are only doing me favour?

1 Like

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Mariangeles(f): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
azraeljaheel:

nope

interior and exterior

OK. It wasn't fair, but at least it afforded you a meal.

another question is do i have the right to place them on a fixed price since they are only doing me favour?

Yes. You can fix your price by also including the cost of material(s) you used (or did they provide that?).
Be open to negotiation.
Whatever price you agree on, make sure it is fair to you.
Also, try to find out what they charge at the carwash to know how to fix your price.

Remember, you're offering your service and a worker deserves his pay, so it is not a favour.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mariangeles:

OK. It wasn't fair, but at least it afforded you a meal.

lol yeah thanks

Yes. You can fix your price by also including the cost of material(s) you used (or did they provide that?).
Be open to negotiation.
Whatever price you agree on, make sure it is fair to you.
Also, try to find out what they charge at the carwash to know how to fix your price.

Remember, you're offering your service and a worker deserves his pay. It is not a favour.

thanks again

1 Like

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
You may lose that customer if you give a fixed price. Do you think it's really easy to open your door for a stranger to do home service? Be content with what you were given. Increasing price may make them to rather go to a car wash.

2 Likes

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by SeaTrade(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
You may lose that customer if you give a fixed price. Do you think it's really easy to open your door for a stranger to do home service? Be content with what you were given. Increasing price may make them to rather go to a car wash.
lol funny.
As a business,you need to know the exact value for the service you offer.
If they can't meet up your price,they can find someone cheaper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by crackhaus: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Good afternoon NL

For going to his house to wash his car, N600 is NOT fair payment. He should have given you at least N1500... Abi is it not transportation you used to get there?

Washing ONLY the exterior of my car at a car wash costs N500–N700, and depending on my mood I can give the guy 1k.

For both interior and exterior, it's N1500.

Washing the AC condenser (with chemical) and engine costs 2k, but it's something you only need to do like once or twice in a year.

4 Likes

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by sisisioge: 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
I entered a deal with the security in my workplace ...5k per month. He washes as often as it's required. Meanwhile, exterior is 500 here in Oregun, Ikeja. 600 is fair.....you could talk him into giving you a salary to wash a number of times per week. From there you could gather few. The security I deal with is really grateful....naija don dey.

3 Likes

Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Vision101(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
I dey regulate the number of times I wash my car jare. I be accountant. Country no dey smile.

Weekend na him matter. Just to shine.
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2021
sisisioge:
I entered a deal with the security in my workplace ...5k per month. He washes as often as it's required. Meanwhile, exterior is 500 here in Oregun, Ikeja. 600 is fair.....you could talk him into giving you a salary to wash a number of times per week. From there you could gather few. The security I deal with is really grateful....naija don dey.

thanks for this.

next time i go his place i will pitch this to him{just pray he doesnt see me an an ingrate}
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 23, 2021
crackhaus:

For going to his house to wash his car, N600 is NOT fair payment. He should have given you at least N1500... Abi is it not transportation you used to get there?

Washing ONLY the exterior of my car at a car wash costs N500–N700, and depending on my mood I can give the guy 1k.

For both interior and exterior, it's N1500.

Washing the AC condenser (with chemical) and engine costs 2k, but it's something you only need to do like once or twice in a year.

the man just helped me! Didnt need tfare, his house is trekable
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2021
SeaTrade:
lol funny.
As a business,you need to know the exact value for the service you offer.
If they can't meet up your price,they can find someone cheaper.

i cant really do "shakara" for who is trying to help me{that dont mean i dont know my worth}. But naija hard.. Anything goes
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Baueress: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Good afternoon NL

royalroy
rocktation
feiburger

I like your style of begging sha.
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by chii8(f): 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
;
Baueress:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Inflation Affect The Amount You Wash Your Car In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
Baueress:

your signature says alot
but try keeping yourself a lil busy by going through this https://www.nairaland.com/6796546/dairy-cheap-labourer-daily-bread

(1) (Reply)

18 Siblings Serve As Maids Of Honour, Men In Suit At Sister’s Wedding / Chest Fridge For Sale / Get A Gifted And Talented Comedian That Can Make You Loose 2 Of Your Ribs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.