Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies (1421 Views)

Which Party Will Dominate The National Assembly In 2023? / Amotekun Is A Christian Plot To Dominate Muslims In South-West - Sharia Council / Buhari’s Ability To Speak English Dominate Tribunal’s Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by trutharena: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dsalvo:

They really are irritating. They debase and perjure themselves wilfully, without a care for their image, just to deny giving credit to Yorubas. Their seniors.

Would it not be better for them to just shut it and 'fem'?

They won’t fem, they will always digress and try to downplay people achievement.

They are empty barrels that make the loudest noise.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
trutharena:

They won’t fem, they will always digress and try to downplay people achievement.

They are empty barrels that make the loudest noise.

Yes OOO. I don't believe there exists a more emptily arrogant people in the world than Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by babasolution: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
With all the achievements of Yorubas it doesn't reflect home,their cities and living conditions are shitty

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by kettykin: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
trutharena:

Calendly startup owned by a Yoruba guy is over $3billion in valuation. How much is Opay valuation ? Last I heard it’s just $2billion.

Flutterwave Fintech owned by a Yoruba is over $1billion valuation.

Which Igbo startup is close to this Shinedu?

Calendly is more than 7 years old and is still raising money for survival , who uses calendly, at the time Chinedu echeruo sold his start up, the first Unicorn to come out of the black race for $1b , where were all these people and their startups.

I pray it makes it to the profit zone because the competition is really stiff with products coming from hubspot, Microsoft etc
Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by trutharena: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
kettykin:

Calendly is more than 7 years old and is still raising money for survival , who uses calendly, at the time Chinedu echeruo sold his start up, the first Unicorn to come out of the black race for $1b , where were all these people and their startups.

I pray it makes it to the profit zone because the competition is really stiff with products coming from hubspot, Microsoft etc

Liar liar. All liar shall perish.

Hopstop was never a Unicorn company. I challenge you to provide a source that showed it is a UNiCORN (>$1b) company.

Legendhero already thrashed your lies on this thread.

I have always told people that care to know on Nairaland that they MUST re-validate any information from an Igbo man. It has been established that Igbos don't speak with fact and their words are usually figment of their imagination 98% of the time.

--Firstly, a Unicorn company are usually startups at those stage of entry, and they are usually startups with valuation of above $1billion.

--Secondly, the only Nigeria affiliated companies in the Unicorn are those three names Calendly, Flutterwave, and City Block.

--Thirdly, there are speculations that Interswitch achieved Unicorn status then too then but I think they were not officially inducted.

Chinedu Echeruo sold his company (HopStop) to Apple in 2013 and never achieved Unicorn status officially with that startup. African Leadership Magazine were the one that reported then that the company was bought for $1B by Apple but the source is speculative because Apple keep secrecy about how much they acquire companies so that figure is not official and just speculative. There is no where you will see HopStop included in any official Unicorn status. I dare you to provide your source.

The second name Ndubisi Ekekwe is inconsequential in this regard coz his company does not come near any Unicorn Status.

The remaining jargon about 2by2 kiosk and the IPOB Bureau of statistics chestbeating rubbish should be restricted to your village meeting in Alaigbo and not brought to sane minds online. Just like the Nnewi millionaire fabrication which was debunked because the writer just based his report on his conversation with someone while drinking a bottle without any research. Bunch of chestbeating jokers. When did a Ted talk of 2by2 shop ever become a source of truth? IPOB logic always amaze sane mind.

--Below is the link to the list of official Unicorn Status company by CBS:
https://www.cbinsights.com/research-unicorn-companies .

Here you can see Flutterwave, Calendly, and Cityblock Health. I can't find any other Nigerian affilated company on it in the list of over 590+.

If not that you are dubious, I don't expect any sane Igbo man to contend with Yorubas in Fintechs and Startups generally, we are the best and no other Nigerian tribe come close. This is not ordinary statement, it is a FACTUAL statement.

https://www.nairaland.com/6462744/3-nigerian-owned-startups-valued#99946182

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by trutharena: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
kettykin:

This is the list of world startups companies with $1billion valuation , the official UNICORN list.

Your Hopstop owned by Chinedu was not found on it. You are a shameless liar.

https://www.cbinsights.com/research-unicorn-companies

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
babasolution:
With all the achievements of Yorubas it doesn't reflect home,their cities and living conditions are shitty

I will assume you rushed to say the above as a petty person who did not think before he typed.

Can you tell us the most socio-economicically advanced region of Nigeria today ahead of others by miles and the number one migration destination of all Nigerians from SE, SS, MB and North?

That all Nigeria is fcked does not mean Yorubas are not holding their own exemplarily better than others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
trutharena:

This is the list of world startups companies with $1billion valuation , the official UNICORN list.

Your Hopstop owned by Chinedu was not found on it. You are a shameless liar.

https://www.cbinsights.com/research-unicorn-companies

Lol. Dont you know that you have more chances of coming across the endangered Javan Rhinoceros than meeting a single Igbo who respects official reality, facts and validated statistics?

Lying to save face and deny others of credit is their perpetual default setting. In fact I am sure most Igbos would rather die than admit others are better than them at anything. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by MrMaestro: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dsalvo:

Stop disgracing yourself. New Markets will always have 'early bird' innovators because it has to be someone.

That means diddly squat when very brilliant competition begins to rear head.

What is so hard to understand about Yorubas, accross the board, dominating the development, use and applications of information technology?

Can you guys never give credit where due or, at worst, shut up and say nothing if incapable of that?
Unfortunately they can’t do either. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Igbos are lucky to be in a country with Yorubas. Yorubas give everything that is worthwhile in this country. If they were stuck with just northerners and all other tribes in Nigeria the country would be no different than Somalia or South Sudan.

Again, when you talk about black African tribes across the continent Igbos don’t come close to even the Zulus of South Africa or the Akan of Ghana in historical and current significance, y’al talk less of the Yoruba. If the lines were drawn differently by the Europeans in the Berlin conference and igbos weren’t tied to Yorubas, no one would even care they exist. I can’t even name Somalian or South Sudanese tribes.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by Monatyk(m): 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
Each of us aspires to work in a rewarding and high-quality position. And it is for this reason that I always encourage people to work wherever they want. Personally, I prefer to work for myself remotely, and I do so through https://wehireglobally.com/poland/ Russia PEO, where I can find exactly what I need. They allow me to work for multiple companies at the same time, without being tied to an office, and in different cities and countries.
Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by unshakablejihad: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2021
MrMaestro:

Unfortunately they can’t do either. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Igbos are lucky to be in a country with Yorubas. Yorubas give everything that is worthwhile in this country. If they were stuck with just northerners and all other tribes in Nigeria the country would be no different than Somalia or South Sudan.

Again, when you talk about black African tribes across the continent Igbos don’t come close to even the Zulus of South Africa or the Akan of Ghana in historical and current significance, y’al talk less of the Yoruba. If the lines were drawn differently by the Europeans in the Berlin conference and igbos weren’t tied to Yorubas, no one would even care they exist. I can’t even name Somalian or South Sudanese tribes.

piece of trash. Igbos don't have significance yet our name rings like a bell all over the globe with notable achievement, the joke is on you.

it so funny slum dwelling pigs like you and your wretched ancestors whom begged for a living in ghana thinks so much about self-importance meanwhile you'll are piece of trash to the Igbo man. if the yolobas did have worth to their existence they did never hit the media protesing of Igbo domination and calling on tinubu to cum save their dirty asses. inferior neanderthals.
Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by Beejayy20(m): 1:45am On Jan 18, 2022
[[s]quote author=unshakablejihad post=107877966]

piece of trash. Igbos don't have significance yet our name rings like a bell all over the globe with notable achievement, the joke is on you.

it so funny slum dwelling pigs like you and your wretched ancestors whom begged for a living in ghana thinks so much about self-importance meanwhile you'll are piece of trash to the Igbo man. if the yolobas did have worth to their existence they did never hit the media protesing of Igbo domination and calling on tinubu to cum save their dirty asses. inferior neanderthals.
[/quote][/s]
e pain am
Re: Nigerian Tech Dominate The Top 40 List Of Africa Digital Companies by iyapont: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2022
Amazing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Bola Tinubu Must Never Be Nigeria’s President, By Festus Adedayo / Biodun Abayomi Oyebanji (BAO) Biography - Meet Ekiti 2022 APC Gov Candidate / Magu’s SA Uncovers Tinubu, Osibanjo, Et Al As Conspirators Against Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.