Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,321 members, 7,957,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? (446 Views)

FG Says N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment Applicable To All Workers / Court Affirms Right Of States To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law / Senators Order Dan Ali Monsur To Withdraw Statement On Anti-grazing Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by ShobayoEmma(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hi nairalanders, I do have a small vacant land besides my house which I do use to cultivate common vegetables and crops. But the seal in planting such in me has started declining as goats and sheep in my neighborhood seem to be on a special mission to frustrate my little effort in barricading the said farm with nets and wire as the house is not fenced. They destroyed both the net and the crops I had been nurturing.

I complained to the owners of these 'Invaders' but they seemed not to be acting on my complaint.

Note: when my dog was misbehaving just last month I was made to kill it which I did.

I believe many could have interest in planting such crops and vegetables around them to help in reducing cost of foodstuffs but for the fear of these untamed goats and sheep.

Now I wish to know if the anti-open grazing recently passed by the southwest governors is also applicable to domestic animals.

Thanks.
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by spinna: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
You were made to kill your dog? Are they paying your rent..
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
It affects all grazing animals, contact the police immediately. You'll get a fair hearing as long as the owners are not Fulani but if they are lipsrsealed just accept any compensation they give you
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by ivolt: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
Did you make any attempt to fence your land?
Are you living in a village where livestock have always roamed around?
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
ivolt:
Did you make any attempt to fence your land?
Are you living in a village where livestock have always roamed around?

I only barricaded the portion of the farm land.
Apart from VI and Ikeja and estate areas, every other parts of the southwest are home to domestic animal roaming.

Thus, this happened in a state capital here in Southwest but not in an estate and the said land is not 'fenced'
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Hi nairalanders, I do have a small vacant land besides my house which I do use to cultivate common vegetables and crops. But the seal in planting such in me has started declining as goats and sheep in my neighborhood seem to be on a special mission to frustrate my little effort in barricading the said farm with nets and wire as the house is not fenced. They destroyed both the net and the crops I had been nurturing.

I complained to the owners of these 'Invaders' but they seemed not to be acting on my complaint.

Note: when my dog was misbehaving just last month I was made to kill it which I did.

I believe many could have interest in planting such crops and vegetables around them to help in reducing cost of foodstuffs but for the fear of these untamed goats and sheep.

Now I wish to know if the anti-open grazing recently passed by the southwest governors is also applicable to domestic animals.

Thanks.

Put a scary scare cow dere?

[img]https://c./qzE4d2kFleQAAAAd/scarecrow-puppet-combo.gif[/img]
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
It affects all grazing animals, contact the police immediately. You'll get a fair hearing as long as the owners are not Fulani but if they are lipsrsealed just accept any compensation they give you

One of the owners is an influential politicians. Police may not help much
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2021
ShobayoEmma:

One of the owners is an influential politicians. Police may not help much
confront the man first, he should be a reasonable person but if not, officially report to the police
Re: Does The Anti Open Grazing Law Applicable To Domestic Animals? by ivolt: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2021
ShobayoEmma:

I only barricaded the portion of the farm land.
Apart from VI and Ikeja and estate areas, every other parts of the southwest are home to domestic animal roaming.

Thus, this happened in a state capital here in Southwest but not in an estate and the said land is not 'fenced'
I don't think it is illegal to let domestic animals roam in SW unless they pose security threats.

The first thing to do is to fence the farm land, maybe using bamboo to show that you have taken a reasonable protective action.
You can then report the owners to the police for compensation if the owners are not responding.

Make sure you have real evidence, photos and videos of the livestock on your farm, not mere words.

I will advice you seek preventive or civil solution first because people can become vengeful when forced to change.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Nursing Plans To Retire To Niger Republic In 2023 – Ohanaeze Chieftain / BLACK SOOT: 7 Out Of 10 Children Are Treated For Respiratory Tract Infection / Elon Musk To Pay Dangote's Networth As Tax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.