Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service (468 Views)

Anambra State Fire Service(photos) / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service / Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by Tamahog: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
It's absolutely no news how in the past few days, there's been increasing fire outbreaks in Rivers State which has left Lives and properties worth millions devastated.

One might wonder the swift response of the state government towards this menace.

However, I paid a courtesy visit to the Rivers State Fire Service, situated at the Mile 1 park, I was bemused as I gradually wabble the environment, it looked like an abandoned project where everyone was displaced to an unknown destination.

There is no emergency hotline like the 112 or 911 which used to work some years ago in the state.

It was even more disturbing when I learnt that only one Fire Truck is currently working amongst all the vehicles parked in the environment. Sometimes, the vehicle break down on the road to the Fire scene.

According to a staff who plead to remain anonymous, said that the his Excellency, Nyeson Wike led administration is yet to provide a new vehicle nor rehabilitate the detestable environment over the past 6 years in office.

He further revealed that very few workers report to work, while no fewer than 200 staffs are working elsewhere whilst receiving salary as civil servants, thereby increasing the workload on the available staffs who turn out for fire incidents.

Below are some of the images at the scene;

@Mynd44
@Lalaaticlala

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by PrinceOfLagos: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Governor Wike is a responsible leader, he will address this issue if brought to his notice ..
Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by Tamahog: 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
More pictures

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by ekesol: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
Tamahog:
It's absolutely no news how in the past few days, there's been increasing fire outbreaks in Rivers State which has left Lives and properties worth millions devastated.

One might wonder the swift response of the state government towards this menace.

However, I paid a courtesy visit to the Rivers State Fire Service, situated at the Mile 1 park, I was bemused as I gradually wabble the environment, it looked like an abandoned project where everyone was displaced to an unknown destination.

There is no emergency hotline like the 112 or 911 which used to work some years ago in the state.

It was even more disturbing when I learnt that only one Fire Truck is currently working amongst all the vehicles parked in the environment. Sometimes, the vehicle break down on the road to the Fire scene.

According to a staff who plead to remain anonymous, said that the his Excellency, Nyeson Wike led administration is yet to provide a new vehicle nor rehabilitate the detestable environment over the past 6 years in office.

He further revealed that very few workers report to work, while no fewer than 200 staffs are working elsewhere whilst receiving salary as civil servants, thereby increasing the workload on the available staffs who turn out for fire incidents.

Below are some of the images at the scene;

Mod please push this to FP
@Mynd44
@Lalaaticlala

The Gorvernor only attend to issues in the public eye.

2 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by Ussycool: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
J
Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by SlayerForever: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
A
Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by NwaNimo1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by fourboys: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by otokx(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
What can we say?
Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
This is not peculiar to Rivers state alone, it's a nationwide thing.

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by YeyeGbami: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

You’re right, no activity inside most of their stations. I never see these guys conduct one single drill ever, it amazes me really.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by YeyeGbami: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
Wike is a sociopath. Nothing is left of Rivers State under him.

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by anonymuz(m): 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Ekiti is different. Well equipped with latest equipments

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
I remember when Amaechi bought those trucks for them just a few short years ago yet look how dilapidated they are due to poor maintenance since they didn't buy the vehicles themselves. We were even hearing rumours that they use these vehicles to transport diesel. Governor Wike has already promised you people new vehicles, if una like destroy them again
Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
anonymuz:
Ekiti is different. Well equipped with latest equipments

You think Rivers state don't also have latest equipments?? Baba, leave matter we know as e dey be. Even in my own Anambra state we have latest equipment too.

In Anambra state here, Onitsha to be precise, the fire service office located at main market Onitsha hardly responds to call whenever there's a fire outbreak and the response you'll always get is we don't have water, but River Niger is at the back of their office.

2 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by Lisaint(m): 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
How did op take this pictures cause i no normally dem no go gree make person this kind shots

2 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by thundafire: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2021
Which FIRE ROAD SAFETY OFFICE IS WORKING? NONE BUT are quick to drive der empty cars and on siren disturbing but during emergencies car always breaks down
Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by Genesiis(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2021
The main reason people fight to get government job, cus they know they won't go to work.

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Rivers State Fire Service by JerryB1(f): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2021
Gov Wike should focus on other areas like this besides building flyovers all over port harcourt.

(1) (Reply)

God Alone Can Take Glory For Osinbajo As A VP / Tinubu donates N50m to Niger State govt to help tackle insecurity / 6 Things You Don't Know About Kayode Ojo, The Man Poised To Succeed Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.