Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 (935 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by aloyemeka1: 1:45am On Jun 09, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
[size=14pt]Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 Worshippers, Splashes N150m on UI, UNN and Unilag[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-lArZoJxExnk/Te9Qxkoum0I/AAAAAAAADkQ/HfngshbEVV4/s400/Pastor-E.-A.-Adeboye.jpg[/img]

The pastor Adeboye led The Redeemed Christian Church of God, has once again proved its commitment to the welfare of humanity as they fed 50, 000 people with free food worth over N20m on Sunday June 5, 2011, at Tafawa Balewa Square, Onikan, Lagos. Each take away pack of jollof rice and beef coast N400 and 50, 000 packs were made available at the Fiesta. RCCG gave out the food via a program called A Can Can Make A Difference, which is a social welfare organ of the RCCG.

Also, although Pastor Adeboys's first love is the gospel, academics is also very important to him. And out of desire to empower the education sector, and as a means of giving back, he splashed N150m on three universities; Unilag, UNN, and UI to sponsor professorial chair in applied mathematics in those universities.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/06/pastor-adeboye-feeds-50-000-worshippers.html
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by aloyemeka1: 2:16am On Jun 09, 2011
That's wassup!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 09, 2011
NOT EVEN UP TO 5% OF HIS MONTHLY EARNINGS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

NEXT TIME SIR, TRY GIVING THEN THE HOOK TO GO FISHING INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM FISH [MY OPINION].
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by TeeJay6(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2011
greateros:

NEXT TIME SIR, TRY GIVING THEN THE HOOK TO GO FISHING INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM FISH [MY OPINION].
Did you deliberately miss the part where it said "And out of desire to empower the education sector, and as a means of giving back, he splashed N150m on three universities; Unilag, UNN, and UI to sponsor professorial chair in applied mathematics in those universities". The RCCG have set up schools, rehabilitated a lot of area boys amongst other things, yet people like you just overlook all that just so that you can spew your bile and hatred for the man at every opportunity
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by aloyemeka1: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2011
greateros:

How do you know Adeboye's income?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by mabell: 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ greateros,
ingratitude
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Joagbaje(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
greateros:

. . .At least he is doing something. You Dont tell another man how to spend his money.  You should rather get busy doing something too.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by KunleOshob(m): 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^

Is it Adeboye's money or RCCG's money? Any which way I am not impressed as it was clearly done for 'show' they already spent millions advertising that they would give out free food at a charade they were organising. I wonder how many lives they made better by that one meal.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Snowwy: 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wow, RCCG keep matching on. The CAN sunday is done once a month on a large scale to help the needy.
God bless them and grant them grace to do more.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Joagbaje(m): 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
Is it Adeboye's money or RCCG's money? Any which way I am not impressed as it was clearly done for 'show' they already spent millions advertising that they would give out free food at a charade they were organising. I wonder how many lives they made better by that one meal.
Its not everything churches advertise. It's mostly some individuals that even place many of those adverts. Churches do many many things that are not shown on tv. They are too busy for such adverts. And they are too numerous to mention.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by harakiri(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
I am very disappointed. I expected the story to describe how he fed 50,000 with 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish. . .lol
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by jpworld(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
Loads of rubbish. using crazy blog to promote RCCG,

Adeboye is a scammer.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by TeeJay6(m): 8:03am On Jun 10, 2011
jpworld:

Loads of rubbish. using crazy blog to promote RCCG,

Adeboye is a scammer.

Come forward with evidence that he scammed you or retract that statement.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by regged4u: 8:47am On Jun 10, 2011
greateros:

I hope se ur head clear from Indonisia Oil, How much help you don give those around you?

If you no fit talk reasonable talk, then shut ur toilet! InnnnnnnnnnnGr8
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by regged4u: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^

I wish if this your mouth fit change Naija from this level i for thank God. But it just end here.

For once you no fit say, , Thank God for that. Well, na your mouth, use amm as you like!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2011
regged4u:

I hope se your head clear from Indonisia Oil, How much help you don give those around you?

If you no fit talk reasonable talk, then shut your toilet! InnnnnnnnnnnGr8

Ewu! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by PastorAIO: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2011
I support Adeboye in this instance. Of course there is the possibility that it is just for show, but only God can judge that. I don't see his heart, I see the action. It could be that all these things that we have been talking about have actually reached the man and started to move him. What he needs therefore is encouragement and not disparagement.
Even if it is not 5 % of his monthly income at least it is a start and also more importantly than him or his motives is the 50 thousand hungry bellies that got nourishment that day. I'm sure non of those 50 thousand people cared whether it was 2 percent or 5 percent of his income as they were wacking their jollof rice.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Joagbaje(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2011
Pastor AIO:

.  It could be that all these things that we have been talking about have actually reached the man and started to move him. 

Feeling of importance , does he know you? Are you the one that called him? Do you know how long they've been doing this?

Snowwy:

Wow, RCCG keep matching on. The CAN sunday is done once a month on a large scale to help the needy.
God bless them and grant them grace to do more.

A man of God is only accountable to God who called him, not faceless critics.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by PastorAIO: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

Feeling of importance , does he know you? Are you the one that called him? Do you know how long they've been doing this?

I'd be rather surprised if he did know me.  No I didn't say it from any sense of self importance.  In fact of all his critics I am probably the least vocal here.  When I say 'we' I am talking about all of us on NL and I am convinced that a great impact is being made on Nigeria from here.  it is not self importance.  I can give one example of why I believe a great impact is being made on Nigeria (and beyond) from here.  Consider the number of times that KunleOshob's articles have come back to NL having circulated the world.  Someone eventually posts it here thinking that it will be news only to find that the article began it's life on these shores.  These things that we discuss are forwarded from email account to email account.  They are blogged worldwide.  They are discussed in meetings.  I remember when the tithe matter was not even a matter at all.  Now there are so many websites discussing it and so many christians around the world waking up to the fallacy of it.  And not just amongst nigerians. This is a tremendous power, this internet information age that we are living in.  It will bring down empires.  It will be even greater than the invention of Printing.  Printing brought down the Roman Catholic autocracy of Europe.  Who would have imagined then that the RCC could even be challenged.  But with printing information was spread fast.  Bibles were printed and distributed at a rate that was never thought possible before.  Ideas shot around the world at lightening speed.  Kingdoms were brought down.  The French king lost his head etc etc etc. 

Even your presence on Nairaland is further proof for me that NL is having a tremendous effect on Nigeria, because I believe that what we are discussing here is being felt by Oyaks and you have been sent here to monitor things and reverse the influence.  It is not everybody that reads these threads that contribute or actually join the forum.  Then those people go away and discuss with their associates who haven't even heard about the forum and then those go away and discuss with more people some of whom do not know there is any such thing as the internet. 

Have you heard of the 6 degrees of separation?  That is the idea that between any two people in the entire world you can draw a link through all the people they know to join them up.  And it will only take 6 links. In other words, I can know someone who knows someone who knows someone . . etc etc and by the 6th someone we have covered the entire population of the planet.   
In other words again, I can tell you something (1), you tell someone else (2), who tells someone else(3), who tells someone else(4),  . . . who tells someone tells (6) and that 6th someone else could be anybody in the world even a peasant in rural mongolia. 
A very powerful notion.  So it is not conceited to thing that Adeboye is not aware of the things that we are discussing here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Joagbaje(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
Pastor AIO:

I can give one example of why I believe a great impact is being made on Nigeria (and beyond) from here.  Consider the number of times that KunleOshob's articles have come back to NL having circulated the world.

Everybodys articles on the net goes around the world .

Someone eventually posts it here thinking that it will be news only to find that the article began it's life on these shores. 

Who is the someone ?

Well my point is , a minister doesn't make a descision by critics. A man of God hears from God. Can anybody satisfy critics ? Ebenezer obey Sang about "omo araye" you can't satisfy critics. Jesus couldn't either.

Luke 7:33-34
33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. 34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Even your presence on Nairaland is further proof for me that NL is having a tremendous effect on Nigeria, because I believe that what we are discussing here is being felt by Oyaks and you have been sent here to monitor things and reverse the influence. 

That's laughable. Why would a man talking to the entire world and making tremendous impact be concerned about a site. When he has every machinery in the world at his disposal. Well that would have been a great honour for me if I would be given that kind of assignment. But I would rather tell you guys, CEC ambassador is here, if you have any question ask ye me .

Pastor chris from what I know him doesn't encourage the distraction of critics, with all the machinery at his disposal, how many times has he used them to correct any thing said about him. The man enjoys persecution. He only laugh at such ,when he ever hears about it,without bothering himself to know the magazine or publisher.

I have said many times ,I came on NL like every other person. To have my own fun and contribute. You guys created the defence of CEC out of me. By googling my name and linking me with CEC . And i said fine, let's have it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Snowwy: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

A man of God is only accountable to God who called him, not faceless critics.

True word.
These people who were fed were blessed. I am sure some souls were saved.
Giving is a life-style, I say again, may God bless them.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Feeds 50, 000 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
Jesus could only feed 5000. He should learn from Adeboye

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Commands Us To Watch! - A Bit Long But A Must Read ! / Readings And Homily For The 32nd Sunday Of The Year A / Ways Out From This Sins! Addiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.