Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria (933 Views)

Peter Obi In The Web Of A ₦250 Million Controversy (Throwback) / CNN Interviews Davido Over 250 Million Naira Gift To Orphans / Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by Everest9(m): 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
I have been following the recent trends how Davido was able to get more than 200 million as a birthday gift from friends and family. That's wonderful I must say,

Getting such an amount within 48 hours is awesome and I am very happy for him for attaining such height. But let not shy away from the reality.

Many said that his broke and needs money while some said that he needed the money to bring his new Rolls-Royce into Nigeria but was shocked at last as he decided to even add 50 million and gift it to Orphanage homes across the country.

The bottom line is that he's not broke and he doesn't need people's money to bring his new Rolls-Royce into the country but wait a minute, he gave 250 million to orphans!

Was it the right call?

I know Davido has 100% right to decide what he does with his money, how and when to spend his money is nobody's business. Giving his money to Orphanage homes is good and his choice but I think that Nigerians and even the Orphans need more not actually from him directly but from able and well-doing Nigerians.

I know many of you will be telling me to get my own money and use it the way I want but let me ask you.

If someone gives you 100k in this hardship to use and buy foodstuffs and another person again introduced you to a good business that actually changed your life and that of your family. Then who is the real helper? The first person or the second person? You already know the answer

What Davido did was actually to provide food and shelter for a few days for those orphans the money can reach, that's great right? But do you know that the struggle continues after a few days of receiving the money?

Do you want to know my point?

We need to change the system that every Nigerian, young, old and unborn child can benefit from. What is happening in Nigerian today has never happened in my life but we the youths refused to take action simply because those who have what it takes think that they are comfortable.

If Davido can gather 200 million in less than 48 hours then what is preventing those well-known Nigerians from using the same zeal to join politics by forming a youth-supported political party with the main aim of changing the system.

You might say that is not easy but if Davido can get 200 million within the shortest time then it's possible if the youths can combine the effort to overtake and possess their possession.

We don't have to protest or fight for the division but to take over the power politically. Let those old men in power go home and take care of their children

So what do you think?

5 Likes

Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by ygowon: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
What I think is that the majority of the youths are not thinking the right way. Most when given ₦500 will oppose what you are suggesting. Most have been bought over by the old men to attack fellow youths. The endsars counter protest is example.

Even TinubuAdvocate would not like this. All the BMC are not going to support that idea. Benuejosh, helinues and co
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
Everest9:
I have been following the recent trends how Davido was able to get more than 200 million as a birthday gift from friends and family. That's wonderful I must say,

Getting such an amount within 48 hours is awesome and I am very happy for him for attaining such height. But let not shy away from the reality.

Many said that his broke and needs money while some said that he needed the money to bring his new Rolls-Royce into Nigeria but was shocked at last as he decided to even add 50 million and gift it to Orphanage homes across the country.

The bottom line is that he's not broke and he doesn't need people's money to bring his new Rolls-Royce into the country but wait a minute, he gave 250 million to orphans!

Was it the right call?

I know Davido has 100% right to decide what he does with his money, how and when to spend his money is nobody's business. Giving his money to Orphanage homes is good and his choice but I think that Nigerians and even the Orphans need more not actually from him directly but from able and well-doing Nigerians.

I know many of you will be telling me to get my own money and use it the way I want but let me ask you.

If someone gives you 100k in this hardship to use and by foodstuffs and another person again introduced you to a good business that actually changed your life and that of your family. Then who is the real helper? The first person or the second person? You already know the answer

What Davido did was actually to provide food and shelter for a few days for those orphans the money can reach, that's great right? But do you know that the struggle continues after a few days of receiving the money?

Do you want to know my point?

We need to change the system that every Nigerian, young, old and unborn child can benefit from. What is happening in Nigerian today has never happened in my life but we the youths refused to take action simply because those who have what it takes think that they are comfortable.

If Davido can gather 200 million in less than 48 hours then what is preventing those well-known Nigerians from using the same zeal to join politics by forming a youth-supported political party with the main aim of changing the system.

You might say that is not easy but if Davido can get 200 million within the shortest time then it's possible if the youths can combine the effort to overtake and possess their possession.

We don't have to protest or fight for the division but to take over the power politically. Let those old men in power go home and take care of their children

So what do you think?
Take the lead bro, we will follow.

1 Like

Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by babasolution: 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
Youths are not going to change things especially male youths,the females might,but males youth are gone,no hope for and in them
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by Everest9(m): 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Take the lead bro, we will follow.
If had what it takes I wouldn't mind that is why I am using this opportunity to encourage those who can to think twice and follow the right path.
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by kenzysmith: 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
I swear down
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by Everest9(m): 12:22am On Nov 23, 2021
The change can as well start from Nairaland because they hardly take this kind of post to the front page to allow more people to see it and air their views instead they would prefer to feature a post like "how one man killed sneak in his office"

It doesn't matter anyway!
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by Tinubuadvocate: 2:11am On Nov 23, 2021
Audio money not today Davido make a promised and not fulfilled it.shior he can only deceive bodoh .
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by FarahAideed: 2:35am On Nov 23, 2021
Even if 200 million youths create a party nothing will change ..the average Nigerian is too self centered and corrupt for any good thing to happen .. 90 percent of our corrupt civil service is made of of youths , 90 percent of those that extort people at the ports and airport are youths or youthful..90 percent of those in our corrupt police are below 40 years old .. Sometimes we think Nigerias rot is caused by a few old men but it's a huge lie .90 percent of NIGERIANs are responsible for the rot and you just need to look at even your own household or street and seethe number of badly behave persons you will see

1 Like

Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by superCleanworks(m): 6:44am On Nov 23, 2021
FarahAideed:
Even if 200 million youths create a party nothing will change ..the average Nigerian is too self centered and corrupt for any good thing to happen .. 90 percent of our corrupt civil service is made of of youths , 90 percent of those that extort people at the ports and airport are youths or youthful..90 percent of those in our corrupt police are below 40 years old .. Sometimes we think Nigerias rot is caused by a few old men but it's a huge lie .90 percent of NIGERIANs are responsible for the rot and you just need to look at even your own household or street and seethe number of badly behave persons you will see

90% of people who were shouting FEBUHARI and Sai Baba were Nigerian youth.

90% of people who will vote in the next big mistake into Nigerian presidency are the same Nigerian youth.

Bandits, Terrorists, Ballot box snatchers, Kidnap Executioners all youth.

1 Like

Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by Urbanchampion: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2021
Theb OP said nothing actually. He wants Davido to form a youth orientated party, go into politics and steal. Or where in the world of politics and economics is a youth party thriving?
Nigeria doesn't have success indicators, we won't succeed overnight.

I thought the OP would have suggested that Davido used the funds to establish an industry or get more donations and go into partnerships, with to setting up conglomerates....the baby OP is talking about politics.
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by inoki247: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2021
Try am nd say goodbye to the bank account wey d savings dey cos na first thing wey CBN go block b dat....

Anything that involves the youth CBN no wan dey hear am..
Re: Giving 250 Million, To The Orphanage Is Not What We Need In Nigeria by horlabiyi(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2021
You have no point.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Who Is Worse, Clueless In Tackling Insecurity Challeng­es? / Should Southerners Join The North Is Bleeding Protest? / Swear You’ve No Hands In Southern Kaduna Ethnic Cleansing – IPOB To El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.