Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) (666 Views)

Help Needed Installing Android Studio On Linux (ubuntu) / IONIC 3 Cordova Build Android Apk Without Android Studio Install / I Need Help With Android Studio! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by mekuso89(m): 7:08am On Nov 23, 2021
Morning guys I want to know how possible it is to run android studio on this my pc or do I need to upgrade my ram to 8gb?, as I want to learn android app development.
Please zoom the pictures.
Thanks

Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by uchaymart(m): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2021
4gb ram is not enough to run Android studio. A mac book of 16gb ram is even slow in speed when Android studio is launched.

Op get an 8gb or something higher to run the software without much stress

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by mekuso89(m): 7:15am On Nov 23, 2021
uchaymart:
4gb ram is not enough to run Android studio. A mac book of 16gb ram is even slow in speed when Android studio is launched.

Op get an 8gb or something higher to run the software without much stress
Ok I will upgrade the ram.
Thanks for your input
Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by mekuso89(m): 7:54am On Nov 23, 2021
What of flutter?
Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by Sheriman(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
4 GB of RAM can't run Android Studio anymore even without installing emulator it will still not run it properly. If you want to run Android Studio without wahaala just get at least 8GB of RAM with 256GB Solid State Drive of memory. This will make it run Android Studio faster than on an HDD Laptop with 8GIG RAM.
Meanwhile, if you have the money, you could get a 16GB of RAM and 500GB SSD Laptop to have a smooth running and enjoy your development on Android Studio.
Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by Sheriman(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
mekuso89:
Morning guys I want to know how possible it is to run android studio on this my pc or do I need to upgrade my ram to 8gb?, as I want to learn android app development.
Please zoom the pictures.
Thanks
4 GB of RAM can't run Android Studio anymore even without installing emulator it will still not run it properly. If you want to run Android Studio without wahaala just get a Laptop at least 8GB of RAM with 256GB Solid State Drive of memory and 2GB Nvidia graphics card. Although, you don't really need that Nvidia graphics card if you would not be doing intensive graphics work. This will make it run Android Studio faster than on an HDD Laptop with 8GIG RAM and just ordinary Intel graphics card.
Meanwhile, if you have the money, you could get a 16GB of RAM with 500GB SSD and 2GB NVIDIA Graphics Card Laptop to have a smooth running and enjoy your development on Android Studio.
Hope it really helps

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by sonofthunder: 5:33am On Nov 24, 2021
Sheriman:

4 GB of RAM can't run Android Studio anymore even without installing emulator it will still not run it properly. If you want to run Android Studio without wahaala just get a Laptop at least 8GB of RAM with 256GB Solid State Drive of memory and 2GB Nvidia graphics card. Although, you don't really need that Nvidia graphics card if you would not be doing intensive graphics work. This will make it run Android Studio faster than on an HDD Laptop with 8GIG RAM and just ordinary Intel graphics card.
Meanwhile, if you have the money, you could get a 16GB of RAM with 500GB SSD and 2GB NVIDIA Graphics Card Laptop to have a smooth running and enjoy your development on Android Studio.
Hope it really helps

How much can one budget for this? Either new or foreign used?
Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by mekuso89(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2021
Sheriman:

Hope it really helps
Ok thanks bro how much can I get such laptop
Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by Sheriman(m): 10:13am On Nov 24, 2021
mekuso89:
Ok thanks bro how much can I get such laptop
300K and above for London used.
HP pavilion 15 or HP envy 13 14 15 models. Some have AMD Radeon graphics card or Nvidia graphics card they are all the same. But people prefer Nvidia graphics card laptop more than AMD Radeon graphics card.
The new ones are much costlier ooooo!!!
500K and above. You know how useless our Naira is?

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Android Studio On This Laptop (photo) by mekuso89(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2021
Sheriman:

300K and above for London used.
HP pavilion 15 or HP envy 13 14 15 models. Some have AMD Radeon graphics card or Nvidia graphics card they are all the same. But people prefer Nvidia graphics card laptop more than AMD Radeon graphics card.
The new ones are much costlier ooooo!!!
500K and above. You know how useless our Naira is?
ok thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Can Chatgpt Be The Future Of Some Skills / How Do I Create A Datasource For App On An X86. / Error Running An ASP.NET Project In VS.NET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.