Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians (23769 Views)

Signature Bank Begins Operations In Nigeria,target Over 40M Nigerians / Subsidy Removal: No Provision For N5000 Transport Grant In 2022 Budget – Senate / Buhari Speaks On Saying ‘40m Nigerians Are Mad’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Finewarriboy: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by OkuFaba(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2021
40mx 5k naira, That's about 200billion naira dem wan dey loot monthly..

Dear God, just blow the trumpet only in Nigeria. We're already experiencing hell
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2021
naijapower:
Its a shame that Nigeria government is talking about subsidy removal, whereas the united state, Europe , China are subsiding relevant sector of their economy.
Subsidy is not the cause of Nigeria financial challenges, but government approach to economy growth.

[b][/b]

There are subsides, but they are paid from taxation, and only apply to certain people(poor people), and in some countries are even being phased out (eg China).

If we wanted to subsidize fuel the way they do it overseas, we would have to pay higher taxes, and everyone, including farmers, herdsmen, and beggars, and hawkers, ie people in the informal sector would be taxed by the federal government to pay the tax that we need to fund subsidies.

Even with 'subsidy'...a liter of fuel costs N522 per liter in China, N409 in the US, and between N300-950 in Europe.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by sweetwater(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2021
Saka
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by CSTRR: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2021
Some people say northerners are honest.

Atleast if they are not intelligent, they should atleast be honest.

I have been young, and now I am getting older, but I have never seen a honest northerner.

The ones I hear about and see are the ones that loot billions of dollars, stuffs money in babaringas, carry out blatant nepotism and are very backward.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by philipobiz: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Ruggman: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Audio 5k
please leave the price of fuel as it is now.
People are suffering any increase will worsen the economic condition of the masses.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Bloggz74(m): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2021
etokhana:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-will-replace-fuel-subsidy-with-n5000-transport-grant-for-poorest-nigerians

Nigerians can forget easily.

Wasn't this same group that told us in 2014 over and over again that subsidy never existed?

What's going on?
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by treesun: 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rebuke:

Lol. Can yhu see the intelligence of our government in display?

They even have stylishly admitted that over 40million Nigerians are very very poor (poorest of the poors) cheesy cheesy meaning the others are just very very poor but not just so poor as the ones that will be given the 5k cry

Imagine the same government that claimed they have already lifted millions of Nigerians out of poverty still talking about 40million poor of the poor. Hahaha, are all Nigerians not poor like this? grin cheesy grin

I fear who no fear this government o!

We are in deep shit in this country, brother!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by OkuFaba(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
backbencher:

There are subsides, but they are paid from taxation, and only apply to certain people(poor people), and in some countries are even being phased out (eg China).

If we wanted to subsidize fuel the way they do it overseas, we would have to pay higher taxes, and everyone, including farmers, herdsmen, and beggars, and hawkers, ie people in the informal sector would be taxed by the federal government to pay the tax that we need to fund subsidies.

Even with 'subsidy'...a liter of fuel costs N522 per liter in China, N409 in the US, and between N300-950 in Europe.
they provided a suitable economic environment, free from corruption that's why the citizens can live with it. Do you think our leaders can give us such suitable environment??

We all know their motive is always evil and selfish
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by BruncleZuma: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
And the other 160 million?
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Oyinola1122(f): 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
treesun:

Another misplaced priority. N5K to 40m out of 200m. Please what can N5k do in this our economy? Less than 30 litres of petrol!

Will the so called" poorest" have access to the money? They are just looking for a justifiable means to siphon money
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by houseontherock: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
leofab:
Wondering how they will distribute it.. maybe during party rallies
Trust them that the "deserving" Nigerians are political jobbers and hungry party loyals.
Who doesn't deserve to be paid 5,000 in this naija? Really, these guys and their supporters are the worst scums of this earth!
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
OkuFaba:
they provided a suitable economic environment, free from corruption that's why the citizens can live with it. Do you think our leaders can give us such suitable environment??

We all know their motive is always evil and selfish

1.China still has a lot of corruption...and they acknowledge it as a problem

2.Also, you didn't address the fact that many of these subsides abroad are paid for by taxes. Here in Nigeria, we don't pay for subsidies by taxes, we pay for it out of the revenue we earn from selling crude oil...the revenue that for a long time hasn't been enough for a nation our size.

3.If you want conducive conditions you guys have to use your democratic process to fight for it...and it is not a one day or one week fight.

4.Finally, all those countries have another source of revenue...exporting consumer and other industrial products...which earn them far more than what we can earn selling oil. And they don't have corruption because corruption can harm their ability to export industrial products. Unlike Nigeria...corruption doesn't affect the extraction and sale of oil.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by treesun: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
Oyinola1122:

Will the so called" poorest" have access to the money? They are just looking for a justifiable means to siphon money

Nigeria has never been this low!
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Lovenorth: 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
This is commendable from our lovely president
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by OkuFaba(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
backbencher:

1.China still has a lot of corruption...and they acknowledge it as a problem

2.Also, you didn't address the fact that many of these subsides abroad are paid for by taxes. Here in Nigeria, we don't pay for subsidies by taxes, we pay for it out of the revenue we earn from selling crude oil...the revenue that for a long time hasn't been enough for a nation our size.

3.If you want conducive conditions you guys have to use your democratic process to fight for it...and it is not a one day or one week fight.

4.Finally, all those countries have another source of revenue...exporting consumer and other industrial products...which earn them far more than what we can earn selling oil. And they don't have corruption because corruption can harm their ability to export industrial products. Unlike Nigeria...corruption doesn't affect the extraction and sale of oil.
you wan tell me say you go school bah, go lecture our clueless leaders
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by juniorstar(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
etokhana:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-will-replace-fuel-subsidy-with-n5000-transport-grant-for-poorest-nigerians
Subsidy should be removed and let market forces be the deciding factor. But this 5k stipend to those who need it..I see it as a stupid project.. how will u know who really need the money and can 5k really cater for tfare in a month for ppl who go out daily..its simply an Avenue for those in the corridor of power to loot the treasury.. they will just gather names and submit..to the ministry of finance collect 3k and give 2k to those ppl who really own the details..now imagine if they replicate this in 500,000places per senator or house of rep member.. that is 15m per person looting the treasury each month..you see why I say it doesnt make sense especially in a country like Nigeria.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
OkuFaba:
you wan tell me say you go school bah, go lecture our clueless leaders

You do that. I've done my part.

Good afternoon.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by nedekid: 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Moferere:
Orisirisi
This government is just creating more and more opportunities to loot
Hmm, Bros, people don't get the koko. Have you heard the leaked audio tape of amechi confessing to them ie gov printing money?
See, the remove subsidy, they then tell cbn to print paper naira, plenty plenty. This paper is then shared to 40m people. Possibly half is stolen.
What do you think will be the effect on the economy? Do you appreciate the kind of inflation? They are diluting the value of our naira!
The easiest way to an abokii, heardsmen not thinking gov is to "print more money"!
No wonder despite increase in oil price ie more fx earning for Nigeria, naira keep falling against the dollar!
Shebi they have introduced e naira? This one sef, they wount have to print again, they will just "create" more naira, tanking the value.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by OkuFaba(m): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
backbencher:

You do that. I've done my part.

Good afternoon.
I should pour water on stone??

You know we're ruled by blockheads
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by ogatboy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
backbencher:

You cannot compare the cost of another country in Naira. What's the purchasing power of their currency first of all. Its just like saying in Nigeria I pay N200k rent per year and then in US I pay N400k per month.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
OkuFaba:
I should pour water on stone??

You know we're ruled by blockheads

Many countries are developed because people were willing to pour water on stone......

A little drop makes a whole difference.Many of them....
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by snikas2: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
this government is a scam. please we don't need your subsidies. stop spend borrowed money on irrelevant things. how do you account for the poorest of the poor. they are just looking for a way to loot money again just like the did traders money. how can you just be distribution money that Nigerians can't account for? enough of this clueless people Abeg.

stop giving us news that get Nigerians Angry the more
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Lisaint(m): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
Who are the pooorest Nigerians?

What are the categories they are using to identify the poorest Nigerian?

This is how this people say they wanna be sharing Gas cylinders den ooo
Wey we no lata see anything

Im asking again

Pls

Who are the poorest Nigerians?
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Perfecttouchade: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
Abi this one no choke ni ? grin
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
ogatboy:

You cannot compare the cost of another country in Naira. What's the purchasing power of their currency first of all. Its just like saying in Nigeria I pay N200k rent per year and then in US I pay N400k per month.

Okay

Niger pays N370 per liter of fuel, Chad pays 371 per liter of fuel, and they are poorer than us, and are 'oil producers'.

Liberia pays N375 per liter of fuel, Sierra Leone N371 per liter...and they are poorer than us too...and have poorer purchasing power.

Gabon pays N433 per liter, are at our level, and are an oil producer.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Legend44(m): 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Na only 40m people dey travel for this Nigeria... The rest 160m people go dey trek abi.
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by F117nighthawk: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
Dumb comment, 5000 transportation grants, I tell you Nigerians has been turned to nonentities who does not have brains,the 5k transportation grants that will finish in a few days, let your suffering continue
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by Greenlight123: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
Barawo gvmt
Re: FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians by adecz: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
❗️❗️⏩❌❌SCAM ALERT❌❌⏪❗️❗️❗️

❌❌Another APC scam like ;

⏩N5000every month to the poor
⏩Feeding primary school kids
⏩COVID-19 palliative
⏩Conditional Cash Transfer of Osinbajo.
⏩N-Power

APC na real one chance party and
government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case / Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies / Fulani Herdsmen: Why We're Yet To Send Soldiers To Benue, Taraba, Others - DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.