Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Reasons For Love And Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons For Love And Forgiveness (149 Views)

Deeone Tells People Joking About God Of Chosen To Ask God For Forgiveness / Revenge, Vengeance, And Forgiveness. Which Is The Best? / Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons For Love And Forgiveness by topshore(f): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Scripture Texts: Romans 8: 38-39; Proverbs 10:12

Calvary greetings to you Brethren in the name of our Lord Jesus. Today, we need to discuss the reasons why we should be love and forgive one another in order to fulfil the Will of our Father. We need love and forgiveness because:
1. God is Love (1 John 4:cool: God’s love for us is everlasting. He showed us His love by sending His only begotten Son to die for us when we were yet sinners. Jesus’ love for us washed us from our sins through His own blood. Dwelling and abiding in God’s love is important because he that loveth shall be loved by the Father and Christ will love and manifest Himself in his or her life (John 14:21).
2. The First Great Commandment is to love God: We must love God with all our souls, with all our might, with all our strength and with our whole lives (Mathew 22: 37-38).
3. The Second Great Commandment is to love our Neighbours: We must love our neighbours as ourselves as God Has commanded to us (1 John 3:11)
4. We have been commanded to love one another (John 13:34): If God loved us, we ought to love another no matter what, as this is not an option but a command from God (1 John 4:11). God gives us love to love others. To love is the greatest law of God. Love is the most important virtue therefore we should fervently love one another sincerely and genuinely. The benefits that loving others bring to us is more than what words can express.
5. Real and genuine love results in unity of believes. Genuine love never gives up or fail. Real love is not pushy, it is considerate of others’ weaknesses, it will not hurt or do wrong to others and makes us kind and courteous (1 Corinthians 13:4-6).
6. Genuine love results in good deeds. Putting love into action is what Christ requires of us (Luke 10:30-35). Compassion, sacrificial love and giving our lives to others, being concerned about others’ welfare, selflessness, and doing good to brethren are all some of the qualities of our Lord Jesus Christ we must emulate in our daily lives.
7. Love is better than hate. We do not love God id we do not truly love our fellow man or woman (1 John 4:20-21). God Has commanded us not to be hateful (Leviticus 19:17-18). When we hate one another, there will be darkness (1 John 2;9,11). Haters are not of God and Christ regards them as murderers (1 John 3:14-15). Hatred is a bad fruit that stir up strife and should be avoided.
Brethren, we are to love all men, our brothers and sisters and even demonstrate God’s love to our foes. If you have no love towards another in you, this is the time of repentance! If you have not accepted Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour, this is the appointed time! Tomorrow may be too late!

Say this after me, if you would like to give your life to Christ Jesus:
“Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. Give me the grace to love You and my fellow man and woman as You have commanded me all the days of my life. Thank You Jesus, in Your name I pray, amen”.

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Righteousness Brings Blessings / Interpretation Of Dream Of When You Are Given Flower At Your Wedding / Do Not Pray This Prayer! 119.4k Views On Tiktok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.