Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations (33538 Views)

Femi Kuti & Son, Made Grammy Nominations Excites Afrobeat Singer (Photos) / Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations / Wizkid, Femi Kuti & Others To Share Stage With Beyonce & Jay Z At Globalcitizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Seun360(m): 6:33am On Nov 24, 2021
benratigan3:

Sade adu is the first female to win a Grammy from Nigeria

Sade is British
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by MufasaLion: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2021
Pumpumking:

[s]YOU AGAIN!!
ok so juss becuz FutureIsFemale ignore yor broke azz mofo mugu lookin unempoy sef..u now sayin wisakid can yansh u becuz he a alfa male...correct?....shame on u sir for sopotin & encoraggin gay movement on nairaland. nairaland is a gay free zone sir!!(no oofensece) angry
[/s]

Now, go give the cell back to your mom.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Mykel51(m): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2021
Olamilekxy:

Can you bet on this?

Even add African giant + twice as tall vs made in Lagos

TAT debuted at 58 on the Billboard 200... MIL debuted at 80... It peaked higher a year later .. I talk STRICTLY based on facts... In every other official chart TAT is the highest charting Nigerian Album ever !
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Mykel51(m): 7:11am On Nov 24, 2021
Leaforever:
Lol funny U. Why didn't he 'run pr' for soundman EP in 2019 and was instead 'running pr' for burnas African giant. You're now calling it PR cos it wasn't Ur faves album. A music critic doesn't run PR like dt. They'd rather just say a project is good dn call it "the best album of this year". Dts a huge statement dt defines their integrity as a music journalist.

Go to Twitter and search for keywords ... based on Joey Akan and soundman...

If according to you, he ran for African Giant, why didn't he run for Twice As Tall...
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by DrOSCAR: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2021
Henri244:
DAVIDO should be somewhere sobing by now
it's a lie
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Davehasmadeit(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2021
But I thought Tiwa savage was nominated for the Grammies a few years back. Tem's isn't the first female to be nominated, Tiwa is. Thump's up to wizkid, he is unarguably one of the best thing to come out of Africa.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by stayclearofme: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
No nomination for our 21st century Pharisee? The God Chioma serves his powerful
Aproko... You go die dem go bury you over Davido and Chioma matter... Notice me... Idi.Ot
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by sucess001(m): 7:39am On Nov 24, 2021
Tems is Grammy nominated and didn't even have to release a sex tape...

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by seanwilliam(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2021
dontai:
fame lol, which fame? Snoop Dogg is the most famous rapper alive He got none, out of almost 15 nominations.
I see your love for wizkid don too enter your head.
jayz is the most famous rapper alive , followed by Eminem
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2021
Mykel51:

If according to you, he ran for African Giant, why didn't he run for Twice As Tall...
You made statement dt TAT was rated over MIL by all music critics. I said dts not the case & MIL was ranked over TAT in some magazines and then I mentioned dt our own local critic, Joey, also rated MIL higher and named it the best Nigerian album of 2020. He didn't give dt title to TAT.
But u said it's because he's a WizKid fan. I now told U was he a wizkid fan too when he named African Giant the best album of 2019? He named African giant the best work of 2019 hands down and also had many superlatives to describe it, just like he had for MIL. Joey is everybody's fan, he always praises davido, but he's not biased about their music.

Just rest abeg. I don tire for argument. WizKid no even post the Grammy nomination sef. He's not crazy about awards. He himself has said many times awards are political and it's people patting their friends on the back.
In my opinion numbers don't lie and we all know MIL did more numbers dn any album of 2020. Facts only. The response to his tour is enough to shut anyone up. He didn't get such a response in 2019 when he dropped Soundman. The difference is dt in 2020 he dropped an amazing album. The numbers, the awards, musicians, producers and critics have also attested to dt.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2021
GEEBITE:
Nigerians are quite gullible and easily impressionable. Are these the categories where Sade Adu and SEAL won(both are of Nigerians descent and Sade was even born in Ibadan). Imagine the noise about Grammy categories made for outsiders. WTH is global sound/album categories in the mainstream music.

Wizkid won from the main category (Best Music Video) last year with BSG. Nigerians like you still went on to discredit him, saying "he didn't win", "he wasn't nominated" bla bla bla, until Grammy sent his plaque down to Nigeria and he posted it. Y'all find a way to discredit everything out of hate. So this year's agenda is that he was nominated for categories that belong to "outsiders" abi. Continue.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 8:05am On Nov 24, 2021
Davehasmadeit:
But I thought Tiwa savage was nominated for the Grammies a few years back. Tem's isn't the first female to be nominated, Tiwa is. Thump's up to wizkid, he is unarguably one of the best thing to come out of Africa.

Don't let naija paid "bambiala" media fool you. It has been debunked. There are no records of her nomination on Grammy's website. She was only sent a certificate through email for her effort on Coldplay's album. It's not a nomination. Producers like Rexxie and co were also sent same for participating in "Twice As Tall" by Burna Boy. I think Yemi Alade has one of those Certificates as well. It wasn't a nomination just a "shout out" so to say.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Indispensable85(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2021
The local champ will never be found here.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2021
dontai:
fame lol, which fame? Snoop Dogg is the most famous rapper alive. He got none, out of almost 15 nominations.
I see your love for wizkid don too enter your head.

Jay Z rock n roll? Eminem? Kanye? even Drake? No be only Snoop Dogg. I'm sure you are not aware Snoop Dogg released an album last week. Na him u dey call most famous rapper alive?
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by OLRAYS(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2021
philipstanley:
What about Davido?
sharap dia undecided
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by GEEBITE: 8:34am On Nov 24, 2021
Music video is the work of the director . I am not sold on anything about Grammy that is not about singing or song writing. I have no qualms with him winning and happy for him winning but I prefer the mainstream award not all the side shows. Sokiru Adepoju has won Gramny award way back before Wizkid started singing but it was in a lesser recognized category the reason why Nigerians didnt have too much to celebrate. Also the reason why Seun Kuti cane out bluntly that music video category is a sideshow. That only himself,Burna, Feni and KSA are the only ones with real . Gramny nomination.
Karac:

Wizkid won from the main category (Best Music Video) last year with BSG. Nigerians like you still went on to discredit him, saying "he didn't win", "he wasn't nominated" bla bla bla, until Grammy sent his plaque down to Nigeria and he posted it. Y'all find a way to discredit everything out of hate. So this year's agenda is that he was nominated for categories that belong to "outsiders" abi. Continue.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2021
Mykel51:

TAT debuted at 58 on the Billboard 200... MIL debuted at 80... It peaked higher a year later .. I talk STRICTLY based on facts... In every other official chart TAT is the highest charting Nigerian Album ever !

Which other official chart? Bring them on. Not reviews ooo... Charts!. Made in Lagos buried Twice As Tall even African Giant. I'm glad you mentioned the word "peaked". Bring out all their peaks on those official charts and compare and also number of weeks spent on those charts.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Shutupthere: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2021
Oddfinder:
Wizzy just made Tems a Grammy award winner damn.
Tems the first ever Nigerian female Grammy award nominee....babanla himself shocked shocked shocked
Wrong Niniola got a Grammy nomination

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Olamilekxy(m): 9:18am On Nov 24, 2021
Mykel51:

Lol. I won't argue with you.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2021
Davehasmadeit:
Tiwa has never been nominated for a Grammy.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Martinskayz(m): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2021
Mykel51:

what are you saying man!! MIL outpeaked TAT on all charts and platforms, spent more weeks also, still there till now..Speak with facts abeg.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Donmobi(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2021
Dailymice:
Winning a Grammy doesn't necessarily mean you sing well or your voice is good. Grammys are actually overrated and the real talented people aren't appreciated. Some singers even reject it these days
Yeah I remember the case of rapper J Cole.
People avoided collabo with him because he outwardly detested a Grammy.
But nevertheless we should celebrate them for achieving such a feat. E no easy at all.
P.S: they are still aspirants for the trophy, not winners.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Donmobi(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2021
sucess001:
Tems is Grammy nominated and didn't even have to release a sex tape...
Ouch!!
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2021
GEEBITE:
Music video is the work of the director . I am not sold on anything about Grammy that is not about singing or song writing. I have no qualms with him winning and happy for him winning but I prefer the mainstream award not all the side shows. Sokiru Adepoju has won Gramny award way back before Wizkid started singing but it was in a lesser recognized category the reason why Nigerians didnt have too much to celebrate. Also the reason why Seun Kuti cane out bluntly that music video category is a sideshow. That only himself,Burna, Feni and KSA are the only ones with real . Gramny nomination.

Lol... So music video is the work of a director but Beyoncé, Blue Ivy and Wizkid all received plaques. That you are not sold for the category is your personal opinion doesn't mean it's a side show. In fact it's one of the categories with a lot of focus and always very competitive. Seun Kuti and the likes are just noise makers and attention seekers. Is he a member of the recording academy for him to know which Grammy nomination is real or fake, mainstream or less of it. Does he even know the criteria to qualify for these Grammy categories. The last time I checked it's the same gold karat for every awardee. Smh

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by benratigan3(m): 10:16am On Nov 24, 2021
Seun360:

Sade is British

1985 she was Nigerian
Born in ibadan

Abdul mutallab is also British but they tag him Nigerian terrorist,who no like better thing
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 24, 2021
Solofresh2:
I really can't say if wizkid will win that global album because of femi kuti and that Angelic kidjo album
name one track from those albums
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Aidejay(m): 11:37am On Nov 24, 2021
Karac:

. The last time I checked it's the same gold karat for every awardee. Smh

Sir. Respect!!!!!!
Very seasonal approach in your answers.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Deemystic: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2021
Oddfinder:
Wizzy just made Tems a Grammy award winner damn.
Tems the first ever Nigerian female Grammy award nominee....babanla himself shocked shocked shocked
It is Tems that made that song what it is.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Aidejay(m): 11:40am On Nov 24, 2021
Leaforever:
. The numbers, the awards, musicians, producers and critics have also attested to dt.
leaforever>>>>
School is in session.
MIL changed the face and template for Afrobeats forever.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 11:42am On Nov 24, 2021
Isobug:
I keep being surprise about Burna boy nominations. I wonder which song

Before you come here to expose your ignorance and hate for burnaboy do your research well. Go listen to Kidjo album and listen to the song she did with burna boy.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 11:42am On Nov 24, 2021
Isobug:
I keep being surprise about Burna boy nominations. I wonder which song

Before you come here to expose your ignorance and hate for burnaboy do your research well. Go listen to Kidjo album and listen to the song she did with burna boy..
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Aidejay(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2021
Deemystic:

It is Tems that made that song what it is.
wizkid gets the credit for making amazing music.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uti Nwachukwu Shades Timi Dakolo Over Expensive 'marriage' Joke [PICS] / Tonto Dikeh Plays Football With Other Kids Fathers At Her Son's School / EndSARS: Tacha Says This Is Not The Time To Post Beautiful Photos & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.