Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations (33540 Views)

Femi Kuti & Son, Made Grammy Nominations Excites Afrobeat Singer (Photos) / Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations / Wizkid, Femi Kuti & Others To Share Stage With Beyonce & Jay Z At Globalcitizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 11:45am On Nov 24, 2021
Leaforever:
made in Lagos is definitely not overhyped. Lol! Every music magazine critic had it in their lists as the best album of 2020. The sales, streaming numbers and tour tickets sold also prove dt. It's a very different afrobeats album dn normal cos it's jazzy, but it was the best, most cohesive album out last year. Hands down.

PS- He is the one dt submitted the deluxe album for nomination & it's because of a technicality to qualify. Same technicalty burnas African Giant (his best album ever) didn't meet up to in 2019. Dts why he got Diddy involved in Twice as Tall (a meh album) and then won the Grammy. There is some politics involved there.

Which politics? You think grammy is organized by Nigerians and Nigerian govt ? If you think it’s politics why cants davido get ordinary nomination since we all know that he is influential and has all the money ?
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by wallrichy: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2021
Made Kuti ( Femi Kuti's son) never heard his song....that's a silent achiever guy if I must say....very coded and serious guy. Congrats to all you guys for being nominated. Waiting for the award to you guys....
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Mykel51(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2021
Martinskayz:
what are you saying man!! MIL outpeaked TAT on all charts and platforms, spent more weeks also, still there till now..Speak with facts abeg.

TAT outpeaked MIL on all official charts bar Billboard 200... Come back with your facts !
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2021
candygist:

Which politics? You think grammy is organized by Nigerians and Nigerian govt ? If you think it’s politics why cants davido get ordinary nomination since we all know that he is influential and has all the money ?
You have to have a great album before Ur album is nominated, obviously.

I'm just telling u there's certain requirements an album must have before they're considered for a win. Burnaboy also mentioned this when he didn't win for African giant. He said he spoke to Angelique Kidjo and she explained it to him so he knew what to do next time. Dts why he got Diddy on board for Twice as tall.
There's a campaign dt goes on after U get a Grammy or Oscar nomination for U to be considered for a win. How do U think Beyonce wins EVERYTIME she's up? Literally everytime, even if it's a collabo. Dt can't be a coincidence, she knows the code.

Read this:
https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/how-top-artists-really-campaign-for-grammys-768990/amp/

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Mykel51(m): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2021
Karac:

Which other official chart? Bring them on. Not reviews ooo... Charts!. Made in Lagos buried Twice As Tall even African Giant. I'm glad you mentioned the word "peaked". Bring out all their peaks on those official charts and compare and also number of weeks spent on those charts.

Except the Billboard 200, name one chart MIL outpeaked TAT... There is NONE !!!
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Krismas:
grin Are u d one who like ur post by urself? Cos e choke! OluwaBurma has 3norminations, Femi Kuti 6 and Biz Wiz 2. But the fine tin abt dat of Biz Wiz is that its at once. I don know any Nigeria that got 2nominations immediately grin

How is that a big deal. What about burna that have been on the list since 2019 ?
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by sirjomore(m): 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
[q qaquote author=Dailymice post=107901059]Winning a Grammy doesn't necessarily mean you sing well or your voice is good. Grammys are actually overrated and the real talented people aren't appreciated. Some singers even reject it these days[/quote]
Lol kiss
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mykel51:

Except the Billboard 200, name one chart MIL outpeaked TAT... There is NONE !!!
Lol, MIL outpeaked TAT on apple music charts in many countries, what are U on about. cheesy
It's only the UK official charts I know TAT outcharted MIL 11- 15, small difference, even at dt MIL lasted longer on the chart at 6weeks. (Davido was at 82 on this chart for 1 week, ouch! grin)

The main money is in US sales and MIL obliterated TAT over there. It is at 21 weeks and counting, cos it's still charting. TAT was just 1week
In South Africa, Jamaica and Canada MIL ranked higher in music charts so where else? Abi na Denmark and Sweden? I don't check those countries.

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Aidejay(m): 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
femi4:
Grammy has been watered down from covid era
so therefore?
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
dontai:
fame lol, which fame? Snoop Dogg is the most famous rapper alive. He got none, out of almost 15 nominations.
I see your love for wizkid don too enter your head.

At least nomination is a sign that your are talented and recognized among your mate. Wahala for who never get one nomination.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Martinskayz(m): 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mykel51:

TAT outpeaked MIL on all official charts bar Billboard 200... Come back with your facts !
List the charts TAT outpeaked MIL..How you go dey argue when Billboard sites dey there?? ..billboard.com, check yourself.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Knows(m): 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Seun360:

Sade is British
she’s from ekiti state
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Aidejay(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Them no dey give award for nominee..Wait make he win first.. Before calling out Haters.. Make them no come laugh you.. Last,last.. grin
that one na their problem. He is a 4 time nominee. Wether he wins or not dem no fit delete that from from his history.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
micxwell:

I agree with you that it's tough. For me, Celia was better than Mother Nature artistically. Also, more than 50% of arstist featured on MIL are Grammy winners. Starting with Burna Boy, Damian Marley, H.E.R, Ella Mai, Justin Bieber; then we have others who have done excellently well like Skepta, Tay Iwar, Terri, Buju and finally the goddess herself Tems. Recording Academy should consider that. If there is an album that really pushed AfroBeats this year around the globe, it's MIL.
Also, let's put commercial success aside, sonically the album is miles ahead of Mother Nature. If Angelique Kidjo wins then it has to be sentiments.

Since you know more than the Academy record judges, why don’t you come up with your own Grammy and present it to wiz kid over Angelique Kidjo ?
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Karac:

Wizkid won from the main category (Best Music Video) last year with BSG. Nigerians like you still went on to discredit him, saying "he didn't win", "he wasn't nominated" bla bla bla, until Grammy sent his plaque down to Nigeria and he posted it. Y'all find a way to discredit everything out of hate. So this year's agenda is that he was nominated for categories that belong to "outsiders" abi. Continue.

Don’t mind TatiBG fans. Them prefer to sing “fele fele right now, right now, fele fele right now, right now, take me away

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
Leaforever:

You have to have a great album before Ur album is nominated, obviously.

I'm just telling u there's certain requirements an album must have before they're considered for a win. Burnaboy also mentioned this when he didn't win for African giant. He said he spoke to Angelique Kidjo and she explained it to him so he knew what to do next time. Dts why he got Diddy on board for Twice as tall.
There's a campaign dt goes on after U get a Grammy or Oscar nomination for U to be considered for a win. How do U think Beyonce wins EVERYTIME she's up? Literally everytime, even if it's a collabo. Dt can't be a coincidence, she knows the code.

Read this:
https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/how-top-artists-really-campaign-for-grammys-768990/amp/

The most important thing is having a good Album, then you get nominated and maybe WIN. I wonder where the politics come from? When sending me a link to confirm your claims, please make sure it’s from a recognized, dependable and verified source. Not one writing by unverified media outlet.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
candygist:

The most important thing is having a good Album, then you get nominated and maybe WIN. I wonder where the politics come from? When sending me a link to confirm your claims, please make sure it’s from a recognized, dependable and verified source. Not one writing by unverified media outlet.
Lol it's ROLLINGSTONE magazine ur calling unrecognized, undependable music industry source?? I'm sure u've never left Naija before. Lol! Please don't bother quoting me again.
I'm a wizkid fan & you can support wizzy without ignoring knowledge. I actually expect wizkid to win global album, but then again, Angelique Kidjo is on the list and she knows the code just like Beyonce.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Isobug: 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
candygist:

Before you come here to expose your ignorance and hate for burnaboy do your research well. Go listen to Kidjo album and listen to the song she did with burna boy..
You are senseless, nothing less, nothing more
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by micxwell(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
candygist:

Since you know more than the Academy record judges, why don’t you come up with your own Grammy and present it to wiz kid over Angelique Kidjo ?
Like it or not awards are subjective. Over the years many artists have complained about this. So you don't need to make unnecessary comment here. Ignoring is an option.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Leaforever:

Lol it's ROLLINGSTONE magazine ur calling unrecognized, undependable music industry source?? I'm sure u've never left Naija before. Lol! Please don't bother quoting me again.
I'm a wizkid fan & you can support wizzy without ignoring knowledge. I actually expect wizkid to win global album, but then again, Angelique Kidjo is on the list and she knows the code just like Beyonce.

Yes I have never left Nigeria and so what? What those that have to do with getting fact from reliable source ? ROLLINGSTONE my foot.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
micxwell:
Like it or not awards are subjective. Over the years many artists have complained about this. So you don't need to make unnecessary comment here. Ignoring is an option.

So many artist have also applauded the Grammy as well. And the Grammy remains the biggest music award. Ballon de or of music
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by candygist: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Isobug:

You are senseless, nothing less, nothing more

I still get sense pass your papa way dey feed you.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by micxwell(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
candygist:

So many artist have also applauded the Grammy as well. And the Grammy remains the biggest music award. Ballon de or of music
And I never disputed the fact that it's the biggest. I also agree that it's going to be tough for Wiz. I read and I see that you're rooting for Burna. If either album wins, it's a win for Burna. I only mentioned that Wiz's feature of more artists that have been recognized by the Recording Academy in past may favour him coupled with the fact that the Album really defined Afrobeats well this year.
Beating Mama to it would be a big feat for Wiz beyond what the Grammys stand for.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
candygist:

Yes I have never left Nigeria and so what? What those that have to do with getting fact from reliable source ? ROLLINGSTONE my foot.
Let me educate U. Rollingstone is America's biggest music magazine. They have the foremost music journalists and critics. Musicians pay them money to review their albums. To even get Ur artiste on the cover is a bidding battle among labels. Music enthusiasts read it religiously. It's an authority on the US music industry.
You're welcome.
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Mykel51(m): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Leaforever:

Lol, MIL outpeaked TAT on apple music charts in many countries, what are U on about. cheesy
It's only the UK official charts I know TAT outcharted MIL 11- 15, small difference, even at dt MIL lasted longer on the chart at 6weeks. (Davido was at 82 on this chart for 1 week, ouch! grin)

The main money is in US sales and MIL obliterated TAT over there. It is at 21 weeks and counting, cos it's still charting. TAT was just 1week
In South Africa, Jamaica and Canada MIL ranked higher in music charts so where else? Abi na Denmark and Sweden? I don't check those countries.

South Africa and Jamaica...,lmaooo... Even in Canada and the UK you posted... TAT outpeaked MIL... Read what you posted... cheesy

Bar the Billboard charts... TAT peaked higher than MIL on ALL OFFICIAL CHARTS...

Apple is not an official chart btw... Even on Global Apple... TAT peaked higher..
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by micxwell(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Let me put this here;

Best Global Music Performance - Blewu (Song is a fantastic piece)
Best Global Music Album - Mother Nature (But I would like MIL to win it)
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Ojycelarma: 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
We could argue it's a recognition for ones work but you're quite right also, but una sabi Nigerians na, everything be like new toy for their eyes
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
Krismas:
grin Are u d one who like ur post by urself? Cos e choke! OluwaBurma has 3norminations, Femi Kuti 6 and Biz Wiz 2. But the fine tin abt dat of Biz Wiz is that its at once. I don know any Nigeria that got 2nominations immediately grin

Lol... Wizkid 4
From Views by Drake in 2016, Brown Skin Girl 2020 (won), then 2 for 2021

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Krismas(m): 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
Karac:

Lol... Wizkid 4
From Views by Drake in 2016, Brown Skin Girl 2020 (won), then 2 for 2021
cheesy Tanks for the correction. But my point actually is that Bizzy Wizzy is getting his FIRST SOLID nomination. The Grammy categories for Africans, Asians Europeans and South Americas is the Global category. Wizzy got 2nominations in those critical categories! I am not very interested in join-join nominations. I understand Burma had a nomination on a song he featured with Drake but it doesn’t excite me as much as the global one
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
Krismas:
cheesy Tanks for the correction. But my point actually is that Bizzy Wizzy is getting his FIRST SOLID nomination. The Grammy categories for Africans, Asians Europeans and South Americas is the Global category. Wizzy got 2nominations in those critical categories! I am not very interested in join-join nominations. I understand Burma had a nomination on a song he featured with Drake but it doesn’t excite me as much as the global one

Lol agenda... Which one is join join nomination again. The one Burna has with Kidjo and Justin Bieber? Means he has just 2 norms then. All join
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Krismas(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Karac:

Lol agenda... Which one is join join nomination again. The one Burna has with Kidjo and Justin Bieber? Means he has just 2 norms then. All join
grin Not wit Drake but Bieber. D 3grammy nominations for Burma, I mean, is the two from previous years and then this join-join wit Kidjo
Re: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna, Tems Get Grammy Nominations by Karac: 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
Krismas:
grin Not wit Drake but Bieber. D 3grammy nominations for Burma, I mean, is the two from previous years and then this join-join wit Kidjo

Lol.. Nuh be lie cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kayode Akinbayo’s Wife Delivers 2nd Baby In Texas On Vals Day (Photos) / Dbanj Posts A Throwback Picture Of Donjazzy And Himself On Stage (PHOTO) / Fan To Jaywon: "Make You And Aunty Toke Kuku Marry Na"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.