Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

“hold Government Responsible If I Die” – Adegboruwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “hold Government Responsible If I Die” – Adegboruwa (248 Views)

Tinubu Asks Press To Hold Government Accountable / Falana: Hold Government Responsible For Herdsmen Killings / Samuel Ortom: If I Die Today, Hold The Federal Government Responsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“hold Government Responsible If I Die” – Adegboruwa by Azeemokoya: 11:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fiery lawyer and human rights activist, Ebun Olu Adegboruwa (SAN), who was a member of the Lagos State #EndSARS probe panel, has cried out over threats to his life.

Adegboruwa was part of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Restitution for Victims of SARS Related Abuses and other matters set up by the Lagos State that recently submitted its report to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Adegboruwa who raised the alarm on Monday, said alleged that his life is being threatened by unknown people over the report released by the panel.

The 309 page report stated that protesters were killed at the Lekki toll gate on October 20, 2020, with the panel report indicting the Nigerian Army and Police for complicity in the incident.

Despite the vicious attacks from suspected agents of the government, Adegboruwa maintained his stand on the integrity of the released report.

Adegboruwa who represented the civil society organisations on the panel, said members were being unfairly persecuted by some state government officials.

In the statement titled, “Nigerians Should Hold Government Responsible if Anything Happens to Me,” Adegboruwa said:

“Since the <a href="http://<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.facebook.com%2Febunolu.adegboruwa%2Fposts%2F10225757294462662&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="297" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share">submission of the report of the Lagos #EndSARS Panel, there have been lots of threats and attacks, by those suspected to be agents of the government, upon me, especially in the media.

“I have not committed any crime beyond joining other eminent Nigerians with unblemished integrity, to accept the nomination of government on behalf of my constituency, the Nigerian Bar Association and the civil society and indeed the masses of our people, for a national assignment.

“Two prominent lawyers of the government have openly incited opinions against me on national television, with mindless accusations.

“I have however refused to be intimidated or bend to the tactics of government to be silenced.

“I urge the good people of Nigeria, my professional colleagues in the Nigerian Bar Association, my comrades in the civil rights movement and the people of Nigeria, to hold the government responsible should anything happen to me.

“Just last night, one of the prominent EndSARS protesters who testified before the Panel, Miss Kamsiyochukwu Ibe, was attacked and dealt serious machete blows, in what was clearly an attempted murder, as reported by her counsel, with very disturbing photos.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/adegboruwa-alleges-threat-to-life/

Re: “hold Government Responsible If I Die” – Adegboruwa by Baawaa(m): 11:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
You better report them to God,Nigerians are cowards they can only make mouths
Re: “hold Government Responsible If I Die” – Adegboruwa by NwaNimo1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: “hold Government Responsible If I Die” – Adegboruwa by yanabasee2: 1:15am On Nov 24, 2021
Lai Mohammad will never see anything wrong with this threats....

I wonder what will become of him when he's out of office come 2023..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “hold Government Responsible If I Die” – Adegboruwa by mmanwuijele: 1:24am On Nov 24, 2021
Yikes man. Will your people stick up for you? I don't know. Good luck though.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NANS Kick Hard Against Fuel Subsidy Removal, Threatens Nationwide Shutdown / Anglican Communion Demand Answers From Police, Imo Govt Ov Desecration Of Church / Pres. Buhari To Root Out Insecurity, Charges Army, Police, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.