Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 (8740 Views)

Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi / Major Oil Importers And Fuel Subsidy Recipients(the Cabal) / In Losing Power, Goodluck Jonathan Finally Finds Himself-olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 1:51am On Jun 10, 2011
OAM4J:

At least we'll get to know how dirty it is inside there, from a once insider perspective.

How many tell tales have we read?

Has anything changed? NO!
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Jun 10, 2011
ola olabiy:

How many tell tales have we read?

Has anything changed? NO!

Exactly!!! This is an insider who is probably trying to save himself, and maybe get himself a new appointment. Notice how in all the meeting, he is the one asking them to do this and that. lol

What a mind-job . . . so are we to believe that he just didn't have the facts, that is why he wrote all he did in praise of the administration he believes was ruled by a puppet?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 1:57am On Jun 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Exactly!!! This is an insider who is probably trying to save himself, and maybe get himself a new appointment. Notice how in all the meeting, he is the one asking them to do this and that. lol

No mind am.

When he's spinning news; feeding a nation of 150M doctored reports, we didn't read tell tales from him.

Wish Harvard fit keep am forever.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by jaybee3(m): 3:28am On Jun 10, 2011
I need to cop d book mehn
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Rhino5dm: 4:08am On Jun 10, 2011
Summary of the book IMO
~ I didnt want to serve the government base on my fore knowledge of yar adua's puppetship and i was about to resign within first months but was amaze with the manner Yar adau fights the power that  enthrone him and i had a recourse.

~ yar adua's health was not a serious concern at the inception but became worst later.

~ Goodluck jonathan was a nice man surrended by bad guys. And i think he is gonna make a very good president

~Turai was not carrying me along as i later get to know  she was very economical with thruth.

~Thisday is not a PDP mouth peice and as such not a  political news paper.

Whats new?! This is the era of chopplating and rulership of mediocres.  . .

Thisday's name should be change to PDPnewspaper,  .
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Johndoe100(m): 4:18am On Jun 10, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Summary of the book IMO
~ I didnt want to serve the government base on my fore knowledge of yar adua's puppetship and i was about to resign within first months but was amaze with the manner Yar adau fights the power that  enthrone him and i had a recourse.

~ yar adua's health was not a serious concern at the inception but became worst later.

~ Goodluck jonathan was a nice man surrended by bad guys. And i think he is gonna make a very good president

~Turai was not carrying me along as i later get to know  she was very economical with thruth.

~Thisday is not a PDP mouth peice and as such not a  political news paper.

Whats new?! This is the era of chopplating and rulership of mediocres.  . .

Thisday's name should be change to PDPnewspaper,  .

The guy is trying to get back into the good books of the GEJ crowd.

However why should Thisday (that we all know is unbiased) change it's name when TVC (the most biased station I have ever seen in Nigeria) has not?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 10, 2011
I have long been intrigued by this Andy Uba of a man. Apparently he was even more influential and powerful than the Vice President during OBJ's 8 years in power. Why did such a high profile meeting have to hold at his residence? I also gathered that his Abuja mansion hosted many such meetings (including unofficial governors' forum and captain of industry meetings) where he presided over proceedings. And to think that he was the 'go to' man whenever any individual or corporation needed favours of any sort from OBJ/the Federal government! No wonder he is said to be richer than Croesus!

Meanwhile i would give an arm and a leg to kearn how this Nduka Obiaghena of a man acquired his apparently extensive network of high profile connections. What is it about this man? Surely, his vast wealth and influence cannot be attributed to his being THISDAY publisher. Is he a senior member of the 'occult' group that runs the country or what? Questions. Questions. Questions.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by juman(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2011
Thank God, we have ACN leaders that are using all what they have to build a better Nigeria.

The winning of ACN and other parties of many places during last election give us hope that free and fair election will bring success to the country.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by juman(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2011
Hssssss

Mr. Obasanjo is a power miss road man.

He suppose to be the nation saviour, but he even didn't know.

A man with very very little political knowledge.

Thank God for last election. The performance of PDP still linger in our mind.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by astricker: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2011
Andy Uba is actually a Senator now & gunning for the government house in 2015, so hes still in the system really. And with the kind of funds available to him, he's gonna be around for quite sometime to come.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Vigilante: 9:27am On Jun 10, 2011
I now know how dirty and filthy Ribadu is. I now know why cement and diesel prices keep rising.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 9:31am On Jun 10, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Summary of the book IMO

You surely know their style.

Nothing bad will be said about the incumbent. Nada. Zilch about GEJ.

Just because he's now in power. Just to curry favour.

Revealing my foot!
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2011
Story story! Abeg make he comot make we see road. Revealing ko, revelation ni.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Jarus(m): 9:47am On Jun 10, 2011
But I have a few questions for all of us here:

1, You are a journalist by profession and Special Assistant on Communication/Media Adviser/Chief Press Secretary or whatever the nomenclature is, is a post usually reserved for media men. Now, is getting such a position, especially without begging for it, an achievement or a rise in one's career? Will you take the job, if offered? Are editors or even public affairs commentators not allowed to take a job reserved for their profession because of their criticisms

2, Will you be the mouthpiece of a government and work/speak contrary to that government?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Reference(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2011
asorocker:

I am not suprised by this write up and particularly the timing of its publication. Why is it being published at a time that most official positions are vacant .

Notice how the so called power brokers have been broken, Dangote and Otedola are on each others throat. Ribadu eventually helped to nail Ibori , who is serving a life sentence. Andy Uba ended up as the first elected Governor to be booted out of office after 14 days in office.
Apart from Bukola saraki and Dangote the rest are no where.

That is the transient nature of power and that's why I'm not too concerned. They may be the Gangs of NewYork today but the grave is their ultimate destination. The nation remains bigger than them all and it will endure beyond them.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2011
@ Jarus - I guess you have to decide how important your scruples are to you. Unfortunately, the peculiarity of our own brand of politics means choosing to be a mouth piece of the government is akin crossing to the dark side IMO.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by karpenter: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2011
This account is puzzling. It creates the notion that perhaps at some point in time Nuhu Ribadu and Ibori were on a unified interest. This is tough to accept as true given what we all know that later transpired between these fellows. Ironically, Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC by no means pursued Odili’s purportedly corruption cases to the degree that it did on Ibori’s. Meanwhile we are supposed to believe that Nuhu and Ibori were united to dethrone Odili as VP based on frauds committed as Governor of Rivers State? This is ridiculous!!!!!

Who cannot recall the popular Nuhu’s EFCC and Ibori trial saga or the resultant Ibori’s settling of scores that led to Nuhu’s release from EFCC, demotion, forced retirement and eventual exile. At what point therefore did these blokes turn out to be avowed adversaries? Possibly the next series of this disbelieving Adeniyi’s article will divulge. I doubt it, but I’ll still play wait and see game.

For the time being, something tells me that this write-up is nothing but a disguise for the solitary intention of image healing in addition to book marketing approach. If that’s confirmed, he must just shut up and enjoy his personal dividends of democracy from an appointment which nobody compelled him to accept, not even his chairman Nduka as he wants us to believe. Typical Naija man abeg.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by sirp2007: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2011
Sorry segun,ur write up is nothing but self advertisement, u re a man tht speak wht both side of his mouth, u re a man tht can do any and everything 2 make money, u re coming up wth tis crap now because of d numerous political seats available for grabs uuh.
l hv a few questions for u?
wht actually change ur mind to accept yar adua offer?
wht positive impact did u make in ur tenure?
as a pressman,why were u economical wth d truth during yar adua ill-health saga?
wht do u stand to gain now,with this so called revelation?
why did dangote call u instead of ur boss or dangote is so dull nt to knw who call d shot in thisday?

Mr Segun pls we dont need ur type in our political space,pple who hv double standard,ppl who allow d euphoria of office 2 overwhelm their sense of patriotism and decency.
And FYI there is nothing revealing in all u hv said,they hv all been in public domain for those who care to monitor our political league matches.
if u were to be d 1st 2 reveal wht u hv just said,l wouldn't hv believed u cos u dont hv integrity,sorry if am be hard on u bt its d truth.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Akainzo(m): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2011
naijababe:

@ Jarus - I guess you have to decide how important your scruples are to you. Unfortunately, the peculiarity of our own brand of politics means choosing to be a mouth piece of the government is akin crossing to the dark side IMO.

When one decides to eat with the devil, albeit with a long spoon; he/she must realise that they both have to share the same room or having to be the spokesperson for the devil's thoughts or actions.

BTW, @naijababe, really lovely shoes!  grin grin
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Akainzo(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2011
karpenter:

This account is puzzling. It creates the notion that perhaps at some point in time Nuhu Ribadu and Ibori were on a unified interest. This is tough to accept as true given what we all know that later transpired between these fellows. Ironically, Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC by no means pursued Odili’s purportedly corruption cases to the degree that it did on Ibori’s. Meanwhile we are supposed to believe that Nuhu and Ibori were united to dethrone Odili as VP based on frauds committed as Governor of Rivers State? This is ridiculous!!!!!

Who cannot recall the popular Nuhu’s EFCC and Ibori trial saga or the resultant Ibori’s settling of scores that led to Nuhu’s release from EFCC, demotion, forced retirement and eventual exile. At what point therefore did these blokes turn out to be avowed adversaries? Possibly the next series of this disbelieving Adeniyi’s article will divulge. I doubt it, but I’ll still play wait and see game.

at the bolded, there are no permanent friends, ONLY permanent interests! Even Otedola and Dangote are at each others neck. Or you haven't known best pals that thave become sworn enemies? shocked
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 10, 2011
Akainzo:

When one decides to eat with the devil, albeit with a long spoon; he/she must realise that they both have to share the same room or having to be the spokesperson for the devil's thoughts or actions.

BTW, @naijababe, really lovely shoes!  grin grin

Abi o, the shoe fine no be small grin
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mallorca(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2011
intresting
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by baslone: 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
Same ol same
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by JimmyBoy1: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2011
I can imagine sales of Thisday soaring up in the next couple of days. Quite unilke me, I tend to believe this account to be true.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by oladayo042: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

I can imagine sales of Thisday soaring up in the next couple of days. Quite unilke me, I tend to believe this account to be true.
Sure.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by enomakos(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
interesting
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
karpenter:

The article only mentions that the two men were in that meeting. It does not expound on the relationship between the two at the time. So let's not jump the gun here.

All the article does is mention that Ribadu, who at the time was EFCC chairman, had incriminating evidence against Odili and was in agreement with his not being announced as VP candidate at the time by Obasanjo. How some have twisted that to mean the man was dirty at the time, escapes me. Is it that these same did not know that EFCC was created during the Obasanjo regime and that Ribadu was installed then as the Chairman at the time?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by MyJoe: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
Hmm. Article reminds me of Trevayne, by Robert Ludlum.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Roland17(m): 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
Why are you telling us now?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by luluosas(m): 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
Until Segun mention who actually signed the Supplementary budget in Saudi Arabia and the REAL state of health when Yar'Adua was flown back in the middle of the night to Nigeria, all his revelation now will be consider by me as false, lies and orchestrated effort to get favour from Jonathan. Until then,
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by daphil: 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
Guys, whether you believe his story or not, he has expressed his mind which is the most important thing. Many of you would have done worse if you were to find yourself in his shoe. sad
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
Jarus:

But I have a few questions for all of us here:

1, You are a journalist by profession and Special Assistant on Communication/Media Adviser/Chief Press Secretary or whatever the nomenclature is, is a post usually reserved for media men. Now, is getting such a position, especially without begging for it, an achievement or a rise in one's career? Will you take the job, if offered? Are editors or even public affairs commentators not allowed to take a job reserved for their profession because of their criticisms

2, Will you be the mouthpiece of a government and work/speak contrary to that government?

Mba nu ! Jarus lets not go there. In as much as we all want to advance our careers but mostly not at the expense of our integrity especially if ab initio you strongly maintained a contrary stand. I felt disappointed by the part he played during the former President's health saga. He knows the law n all that, understands the situation on ground; most of his utterances then were totally out of order and uncalled for. Its almost like an insult on the sensibility of Nigerians. Life I know is neither black nor white but there are times when its really important to take a stand and most times that point is definitively us, he failed at the point when he was required to take a stand. No one expected him to speak ill of his then boss but then also he didnt have to play the role he did then in such a manner.

That said, na wa for the story ! and I can't wait to read his book and his justification for all that happened then as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Has No Case To Answer / Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son / Naira Gains While DSS Still Detaining Mr Gbadamosi Who Exposed The Govt Fx Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.