Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,054 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 (8927 Views)

Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi / Major Oil Importers And Fuel Subsidy Recipients(the Cabal) / In Losing Power, Goodluck Jonathan Finally Finds Himself-olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Jarus is right but a secret is a secret sha

And, he MUST be critical of himself as well.

The book will be a bestseller, though. Can't wait
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by CHIMSKY(m): 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
By the way who says James Ibori did not get away scot free.From wherever he is the guy is still ruling the country.Remember,Ibori funded the Yaradua-Goodluck campaign.I make bold to say that nothing,I repeat no badluck can befall Ibori as long as Goodluck is still in office.He may be harrassed outside the country;but in Naija no way!For Pete's sake Michael Aondokaa who incidentally controlled the EFCC was Ibori's personal ministerial nominee.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2011
Before i go through the posts, i wish to register my disdain for Segun Adeniyi in particular and men like him in general.
In saner climes,men like this will seek to retreat from public discourse.
I'll rather listen to men like Chris Uba and Tony Anenih.men who have never pretended to be what they are not.
How any sane mind will hope to be enlightened by Segun Adeniyi's ramblings beats my imagination.
His reign as Yaradua's spokesman saw the elevation of lies,rumours and conspracies to a new high as government policies.I am not particularly bothered by the issue of whether he should chosen to serve in that govt.i am more disgusted by his conduct therein.how information dessimination on governance and govt during a most critical time was akin to communist era and dark ages.The propaganda of that time almost rivalled that of Aabacha's govt.
Who is interested in his book?he should go shove it i na hairy place where the sun does not shine.
He thinks he can use the space Nduka Obiagbena provides sychophants to massage their respective egos and those of their heroes can be used to rewrite the truth which history will bear witness to.
The truth is that Segun Adeniyi is no better than the Andy Ubas,Tony Anenihs, Iboris et al.
He should stuff his verdict down his own throat.History has already judged him and found him wanting.
We are not interested in the secrets he thinks he knows that we the public do not know.
it makes no difference.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2011
Just read the article.
what was so interesting there?these are gists we had already heard in beer parlours and online forums.nothing new there.
i can bet you there will be no new gist next week.
All this talk of going to Harvard is getting boring.His redemption does not lie there.
I wonder what folks are expecting in his book?same old gist.
Jarus:

But I have a few questions for all of us here:

1, You are a journalist by profession and Special Assistant on Communication/Media Adviser/Chief Press Secretary or whatever the nomenclature is, is a post usually reserved for media men. Now, is getting such a position, especially without begging for it, an achievement or a rise in one's career? Will you take the job, if offered? Are editors or even public affairs commentators not allowed to take a job reserved for their profession because of their criticisms

2, Will you be the mouthpiece of a government and work/speak contrary to that government?
if someone else asked these questions, i would have attempted to answer them.unfortunately because you are the one asking them,i refuse to answer them for obvious reasons.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2011
daphil:

Guys, whether you believe his story or not, he has expressed his mind which is the most important thing. Many of you would have done worse if you were to find yourself in his shoe. sad
I might do worse but i would not pretend afterwards.
how do these men sleep at night?
luluosas:

Until Segun mention who actually signed the Supplementary budget in Saudi Arabia and the REAL state of health when Yar'Adua was flown back in the middle of the night to Nigeria, all his revelation now will be consider by me as false, lies and orchestrated effort to get favour from Jonathan. Until then,
Hell is going to freeze over before you get that request.
so kindly make more realistic requests.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2011
the
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by AjanleKoko: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
Same old script.
Get a government job and start defending the indefensible.
After you get kicked out, head for Harvard, and blow the whistle on everybody in sight.
Tired song keeps playing on a tired radio grin
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
^^^
To a tired audience.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Same old script.
Get a government job and start defending the indefensible.
After you get kicked out, head for Harvard, and blow the whistle on everybody in sight.
Tired song keeps playing on a tired radio grin
Oga, you wreck my weekend o.
try check your mail.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by AjanleKoko: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
^^
No vex.
My weekend was equally terrible.
I'll email you.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Jarus(m): 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
mbulela:

Before i go through the posts, i wish to register my disdain for Segun Adeniyi in particular and men like him in general.
In saner climes,men like this will seek to retreat from public discourse.
I'll rather listen to men like Chris Uba and Tony Anenih.men who have never pretended to be what they are not.
How any sane mind will hope to be enlightened by Segun Adeniyi's ramblings beats my imagination.
His reign as Yaradua's spokesman saw the elevation of lies,rumours and conspracies to a new high as government policies.I am not particularly bothered by the issue of whether he should chosen to serve in that govt.i am more disgusted by his conduct therein.how information dessimination on governance and govt during a most critical time was akin to communist era and dark ages.The propaganda of that time almost rivalled that of Aabacha's govt.
Who is interested in his book?he should go shove it i na hairy place where the sun does not shine.
He thinks he can use the space Nduka Obiagbena provides sychophants to massage their respective egos and those of their heroes can be used to rewrite the truth which history will bear witness to.
The truth is that Segun Adeniyi is no better than the Andy Ubas,Tony Anenihs, Iboris et al.
He should stuff his verdict down his own throat.History has already judged him and found him wanting.
We are not interested in the secrets he thinks he knows that we the public do not know.
it makes no difference.

Critic Mbulela at his best!!! We don start again cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
^^^ I didn't respond to your question as well because I wondered what in the world it has to do with what happened or how things played out in this instance.

This story is from the point of view of a man who was appointed, and chose to defend the lies of those who appointed him. He has since left 'office', and rather than own the part he played in what transpired is choosing instead to play the "I HAD NO FAULT IN IT ALL" card. This is the same nonsense we get from many of those who get into politics . . .  what he ought to be offering here is an apology for his descending as low as he did to defend corruption and push lies when he got his chance to chance things; he should be begging us to forgive him and give him a second chance to redeem himself. Who else do we know who did the same --  . . . . . . 

This article amounts to an 'F-U --but here is what I have to say anyways'.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by loma(m): 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
Had the same argument with Segun. He did agree that he messed up, especially around the handling of Yaradua's sickeness and eventual return in th dead of the night (said he had no hand in that though) , but he still tried to justify his not resigning as waiting for the opportunity to resign once Yaradua came back ( i did not buy that though). However, I doubt whether that will be fully reflected in his writings.

I asked him one question though- that with the benefit of hindsight, knowing what you know now, would you still have accepted the position, and he said Yes. That as a curious journalist, it gave him insight/perspective into areas/issues/events that he could only have guessed at even for hundred years as an editor.

To each his/her own!
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Enoquin(f): 10:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
As much as his book will be fun to read. it will still be from a biased point of view because he'll never write anything that would taint Yar'adua's image. I used to enjoy reading Segun's column same with usoro usoro now working for the Akwa Ibom State government. Yes, I understand that you cannot speak against your boss publicly but the rate of disdain from these editors and columnists when they work for a private paper changes once they walk on the corridors of power. They forget that they were once critics and get hypnotized by the allure of power.
As someone has rightly said, if he truly wants to open up, he should tell us what happened during those days Yar'adua was ill and his mysterious return. Dora, at least had the guts to speak out-with all her faults- even if she was later mocked by some northern senators.
Segun was a big disappointment and shouldn't make matters worse by saying he couldn't have done anything then. grin
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 12:18am On Jun 14, 2011
loma:

Had the same argument with Segun. He did agree that he messed up, especially around the handling of Yaradua's sickeness and eventual return in th dead of the night (said he had no hand in that though) , but he still tried to justify his not resigning as waiting for the opportunity to resign once Yaradua came back ( i did not buy that though). However, I doubt whether that will be fully reflected in his writings.

I asked him one question though- that with the benefit of hindsight, knowing what you know now, would you still have accepted the position, and he said Yes. That as a curious journalist, it gave him insight/perspective into areas/issues/events that he could only have guessed at even for hundred years as an editor.

To each his/her own!

Gbosa for you jare.

HE M-E-S-S-E-D U-P! If that fact is NOT in his book, he's an a.rsehole then.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I didn't respond to your question as well because I wondered what in the world it has to do with what happened or how things played out in this instance.

more than that, the reason i refused to answer Jarus question is that he is biased.
He is no longer one of us but rolls with the THISDAY crew.They tell him secrets that mere mortals can't know grin grin
They will always accuse us of not seeing the full picture,that there are some finer details that can't be revealed in public.if we knew those details we will acknowledge their courage.
Jarus,like they say in the south;ALL THAT ONE NA WASH WASH!!

I am one of those who believes that Segun did no wrong in accepting that job.
the problem is his conduct in it.
It is even more disgusting that instead of hiding his head in shame  or pursuing his career away from the glare of the public,he seeks to rub it in on an already traumatised public by writing silly articles in which he thinks he is enlightened and we the public need enlightenment to save us from the darkness that pervades our polity.
confering on himself a relevance that he has since lost is not only egotistical but slightly delusional in my view.
This spin will work for some but i doubt i can be convinced and i believe neither would most right thinking Nigerians.
Not even Alaistair Campbell can spin this one right.
you don't need a whole book to apologise for your role in that govt.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by DisGuy: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2011
There's something im not really getting

Is it that as the spokesman for the president, he should have told the public how sick the president is? or tell the public what is happening to Yaradua in Saudi Arabia (doubt he visited him in Saudi arabia) or allowed near him

Was his crime not acting like Dora Akinyuli accusing his wife and family members?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2011
He did his job, fine.

He wasn't innocent, though. FACT.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Jarus(m): 10:59am On Jun 14, 2011
mbulela:

more than that, the reason i refused to answer Jarus question is that he is biased.
He is no longer one of us but rolls with the THISDAY crew.They tell him secrets that mere mortals can't know grin grin
They will always accuse us of not seeing the full picture,that there are some finer details that can't be revealed in public.if we knew those details we will acknowledge their courage.

I am one of those who believes that Segun did no wrong in accepting that job.
the problem is his conduct in it.
It is even more disgusting that instead of hiding his head in shame  or pursuing his career away from the glare of the public,he seeks to rub it in on an already traumatised public by writing silly articles in which he thinks he is enlightened and we the public need enlightenment to save us from the darkness that pervades our polity.
confering on himself a relevance that he has since lost is not only egotistical but slightly delusional in my view.
This spin will work for some but i doubt i can be convinced and i believe neither would most right thinking Nigerians.
Not even Alaistair Campbell can spin this one right.
you don't need a whole book to apologise for your role in that govt.
Hmmnnn, as you know, I've never been a rigid critic or dyed-in-the-wool leftist. My opinions have always been moderate/midway, not criticize everything/everybody. So I'm not sure I was for you before  grin
My knowing one or two people in Thisday crew has not affected my judgment, either. I have never been a critic of Segun, even at the height of the Yar'adua health conundrum, because I know I would not have done better if in his shoes. As the image maker of the President, I did not expect him to do anything contrary to the interest of his principal. This anybody should have known before taking up such job.

I however agree that he is better off moving on in his career than narrating all those stories again.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Jarus(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2011
Dis Guy:

Is it that as the spokesman for the president, he should have told the public how sick the president is? or tell the public what is happening to Yaradua in Saudi Arabia (doubt he visited him in Saudi arabia) or allowed near him

Was his crime not acting like Dora Akinyuli accusing his wife and family members?
Even Dora only made a u-turn when she realized YRD may not survive the ailment. Talk of one being a hypocrite and the other loyal to their principal till end!
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2011
Jarus:

Hmmnnn, as you know, I've never been a rigid critic or dyed-in-the-wool leftist. My opinions have always been moderate/midway, not criticize everything/everybody.[b] So I'm not sure I was for you before grin[/b]My knowing one or two people in Thisday crew has not affected my judgment, either. I have never been a critic of Segun, even at the height of the Yar'adua health conundrum, because I know I would not have done better if in his shoes. As the image maker of the President, I did not expect him to do anything contrary to the interest of his principal. This anybody should have known before taking up such job.

I however agree that he is better off moving on in his career than narrating all those stories again.
so you take style disown me in public? tongue
God dey.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Kobojunkie: 11:18am On Jun 14, 2011
Jarus:

Even Dora only made a u-turn when she realized YRD may not survive the ailment. Talk of one being a hypocrite and the other loyal to their principal till end!

That is not true! She protected him till the end.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 11:23am On Jun 14, 2011
Jarus:

I have never been a critic of Segun, even at the height of the Yar'adua health conundrum, because I know I would not have done better if in his shoes. As the image maker of the President, I did not expect him to do anything contrary to the interest of his principal. This anybody should have known before taking up such job.

Jarus,the fact that you would not have done better in his shoes is a bit defeatist but even if we accept that, the crux of the matter presently is his attempt to rewrite history and spin it to his favour.it makes us the public look stupid and mkes it look like he is a bearer of some secrets that changes the whole picture.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Kobojunkie: 11:28am On Jun 14, 2011
mbulela:

oohhhh shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2011
Dis Guy:

three crimes of his;
1.being a key member of the team that fed the public lies,rumours and half truths during the darkest days of Yar Adua's presidency.
2. attempting to spin history.
3. He was once a critic of similar and even lesser evils than the ones that were perpetuated in the govt he served and in areas that were within his direct sphere of influence.He talked the talk but was found hopelessly inept when it was time to walk the talk.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That is not true! She protected him till the end.

She didn't.

It seems you're not a keen observer, then.

She knew Yar'Adua would not recover before she jumped ship.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by mbulela: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2011
Jarus:

like Sergant Rogers and Al Mustapha?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Kobojunkie: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2011
ola olabiy:

She didn't.
It seems you're not a keen observer, then.
She knew Yar'Adua would not recover before she jumped ship.

For once be sure to be your research  first. Dora never canned Yar adua. If you had followed what really took place, you would have known that she was pivotal in ensuring the man remained president till his death, by her action during the last days. I even suspect that was part reason why she was retained as a Minister when the then VP was made President.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by olaolabiy: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

For once be sure to be your research  first. Dora never canned Yar adua. If you had followed what really took place, you would have known that she was pivotal in ensuring the man remained president till his death, by her action during the last days. I even suspect that was part reason why she was retained as a Minister when the then VP was made President.

Are you really really really really SURE?
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Kobojunkie: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2011
ola olabiy:

Are you really really really really SURE?
Kobojunkie:

Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Jarus(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2011
mbulela:

Jarus,the fact that you would not have done better in his shoes is a bit defeatist but even if we accept that, the crux of the matter presently is his attempt to rewrite history and spin it to his favour.it makes us the public look silly and mkes it look like he is a bearer of some secrets that changes the whole picture.
Then we are finding congruence. The part I found revealing, actually, is where he mentioned Dangote et al as those that persuaded Obj to drop Odili. Never imagined Dangote, Otedola were so actively involved in high level politics to the extent of picking VP. The cabal part is already public knowledge and even if Seguns adds one or two new things, it can't change the whole picture, on the role of each and everyone of them.

And a disclaimer: I don't 'roll' with Thisday Editorial crew to the extent of them influencing my opinion. True, I communicate fringely with 2 of them but we just compare notes(one on economic, and the other, more regularly, on political developments); that's all. And the network started just during the last elections period.
Re: The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 by Jarus(m): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

For once be sure to be your research first. Dora never canned Yar adua. If you had followed what really took place, you would have known that she was pivotal in ensuring the man remained president till his death, by her action during the last days. I even suspect that was part reason why she was retained as a Minister when the then VP was made President.

Are you sure? Because from what I know, Dora was initially protecting the president, saying all was well, that the president will return this date, that date, that the president did this, did that(can't remember teh specifics again). Then it was a battle between the cabals(including Segun and Dora), who have access to info; and Rest of Nigeria, with the VP and other non-cabal cabinet members confused and didn't know where to belong. That time, Dora and Segun were the ones coming up with information about the president's state, but most times, it was easy to discern their 'info' were half-truths.

Suddenly, Dora came out to deny ever knowing anything YRD's real state of health, claiming her conscience was what directed her to come out open, bla bla. Since then, she turned against joined teh camp of 'rest of Nigeria'.

This is why I'm surprised, you said Dora was with YRD till death!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters / Buhari Participates At Joint ECOWAS-ECCAS Heads Of State & Govt Summit In Togo / Gbajabiamila: No Budgetary Provision For The Renovation Chief Of Staff's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.