Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ (2028 Views)

Meaning Of Sponsor In Applying For Visitor Visa / My Whatsapp Visitor 18+ / An English Visitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by oloyedprince1(m): 7:56am On Dec 04, 2021
There are lot of things been mixed up, you didn’t introduce who Miranda is, we don’t know when she left your house and when you went to church, it seems complicated dear 8. Nice story
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
oloyedprince1:
There are lot of things been mixed up, you didn’t introduce who Miranda is, we don’t know when she left your house and when you went to church, it seems complicated dear 8. Nice story

It's a dream oooo
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
oloyedprince1
Oh, so that's why u sent me that mail cheesy You read this one.
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
oloyedprince1
And you didn't see where he called Miranda baby?
The baby should tell she was his girl smiley
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
oloyedprince1
And I'm a girl o. You're using the word 'your'.
The whole story's a dream. He started dreaming while he was on the couch, thinking about when he'd get another job. I'm sure you've dreamt before. Hope you understand now kiss
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Odoogu(m): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
smiley wink tongue
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by oloyedprince1(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Okay i got you now
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2021
kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
kiss
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
kiss
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 13, 2021
kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2021
kiss
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by dodoatirice: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
Jaylynn:
Being in Hazel’s den was like stepping on hundreds of hot coals. The cleaver which she had used on me was glistening with blood. Making towards me again, with it lifted half up, she chuckled maniacally, licking her lips as she drew nearer. “You really want to know why I haven’t killed you yet?”
“Enough!” I yelled, clenching my fists in fury. “Why don’t you cut the act and tell me what you really want with me?”
Her eyes went to the bloody edge of the butcher knife, then it lingered on me. “I’d like to tell you a story,”
“I do not want to hear…”
“Really?”
I gave no response but kept mute.
Seeing I hadn’t given an answer, she walked back to where she had come from and flicked her fingers in the air as a majestic chair appeared.
“Great. More tricks.”
“Thought you were weak from the injury caused?”
I mumbled a reply and looked away.
“Good.” she had heard me loud and clear.
Saying I was still inflicted, I thought she was going to respond but instead got just that.
“Ready for my story?” she got herself relaxed on the chair. Giving me no chance to reply, she began—
“Long ago,”
I interrupted with a groan.
“Can you please be quiet?” she arched her brows and made to continue.
Hearing the buzzing sound of a bee—bees—I looked around to see hundreds of bees forming a large circle atop me; an image like that of a screen coming into view.
“Mama. Papa…”
“Do not touch me, you cursed child! I will not let you infect me!”
“But mama…”
“My own parents abandoned me—” she heaved a sigh as she narrated. “I thought they were going to come back…”
I made to say—”…you’re just a character—” but kept shut. Gulping, almost getting the lump in my throat fully down, I listened as she told her story, which I’m sure she knew I already knew.
“Well, I’m sorry,” my lips managed to move. Not knowing what else to say, I looked down at my chest again, feeling slightly irritated by the sight of my blood. Looking back at Hazel again, I found out she had been staring at me, with her lips moving, though not giving any word.
I was lost. For a moment, I couldn’t understand what was going on, plus my head was spinning—or was it everywhere?
Seeing the whole place spin and get my eyes all turned, I was back on the sofa; free and uninjured, with Miranda by my side.
“You’re a good man, Jacob,” a voice got me looking backwards. “You deserve another chance.”
A bright light blinded me as I had a hard time seeing our visitor well.
The living room was quiet again. With things all set and back to the way they used to be, I couldn't help but my smile, turning to my girlfriend.
“Jake, what happened?”
It was something hard to explain—all I could say was; "We had a horrible nightmare, that's what." I wished she'd believe and not go questioning, cause even I found it hard to tell.

~MY CHRISEVE VISITOR

You this geh we will fight o

1 Like

Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
dodoatirice:

You this geh we will fight o
a

Lol. I'm sorry I had to end it. I can say that I'm not feeling this whole writing thing again cry
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by dodoatirice: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
Jaylynn:
a

Lol. I'm sorry I had to end it. I can say that I'm not feeling this whole writing thing again cry

Yes me too I’m not feeling my thing but i still write regardless. Hello what’s your excuse again?

1 Like

Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
dodoatirice:

Yes me too I’m not feeling my thing but i still write regardless. Hello what’s your excuse again?

Hm. What excuse? Well, I have thousands to give. There's sch. There's exam. And, oh, there's more... but that's for me to know... and for the crowd to...
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2021
[/i]. O...KAY! Some people texted, asking why I ended MY CHRISEVE VISITOR this way... and also if I'd be posting another story. Well, yes. I'd be posting another story. The thing is, I've been pretty occupied. It's choking embarassed Didn't mean to end MY CHRISEVE VISITOR in the first place. Wanted a really long story, tbf... but I guess life happens cry So sad embarassed
Anyway, y'all anticipate the MAIDEN VISITATION. Now I'm back... temporary, I'll make certain I type the words and officially post. Hope y'all are staying safe? cry
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by dodoatirice: 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
Jaylynn:
MY CHRISEVE VISITOR kiss

©Jessica Duru

I sat thinking of when my next job would come. I’d just been sacked with no reason given or even a hint. It was a big blow but it seemed God wanted it to be… else it wouldn’t have happened.

I dreaded the words that kept ringing like it was never going to stop—you’re fired!

All I could hear.

While sipping the hot cocoa I had made for that evening, I tried to separate myself from the voice but it kept coming.

Letting out a groan I knew was that of frustration, I sipped my cocoa again and brought the mug down at the sound of the doorbell. “Who’s there?” I stood up as my ears captured the sound.

“P-please—p-please. Please let me in.” it was a female voice. An angelic one as at that.

I rushed to open the door, seeing a teenager, yay high, shaky and half terrified, from my observation, smiling faintly at me with hands and feet trembling; I quickly let her in, ushering her to the sofa, as she sat, getting ahold of my cocoa like she owned it, gulping it down in seconds.

Burp—

Ooh—I smiled deep down, seeing how cute she looked, though it was unmannerly belching in such way.

She asked for my name and I told her.

“Jacob—”

She smiled.

She seemed pretty shy. Well, that made me love her even more.

Love? I grinned like an idiot, uncertain about what it was. Could it be?

Her voice rolled in. “Are you alone?”

It sounded weird hearing her ask. “Yes,” I gave a short reply. “Is there something you’d like?” I went further to ask.

She seemed interested staring at me. Her eyes could almost make holes on me if they were given a chance.

I couldn’t help blushing—of course men do blush. Who was this girl, and what was her motive here? she looked strange.

She wasn’t one of the neighbourhood kids, that I was certain about. Who was she? I couldn’t help voicing out my thoughts. “Who are you?”

Her lips curved halfway. “Why so inquisitive?” she asked, first time not being shy.

“I told you mine, didn’t I?”

She gave a chuckle, a blush coating her cheeks. “Can I have a glass of water, please?”

“Huh?”

She repeated, “A glass of water, Sir?”

I frowned, relaxing my face again.

Making for the refrigerator, I got out a bottle and shut it back. I walked back to where the girl was, handing her the bottle as I watched her open it and take the content in.

I was surprised at how fast she drank it all. Poor thing. She must have been really thirsty—or worse.

“Abigail—”

“Hm?”

“Abigail—”

The sound of her name got chills up my spine.

Her voice sounded cold—

Unusual—

I didn’t like the feeling. It seemed as though there was something hidden. Something I needed to know—

“Jake?”

“Oh no!”

“What’s no?” Abigail looked at me. “You gotta hide. You gotta…”

She disappeared as I froze.

“Jake!”

“M-Miranda…”

“What in the world took you so long?”

I gave no answer.

“Hm. I thought I heard you talking with someone?”

I brought my lips together and forced them to spread giving a not so genuine smile. “What are you doing here?”

She took off her jacket. “What am I…?”

“I mean… how are you here?” I tried not to sound nervous. The thought of Abigail being a ghost still shook me. I couldn’t tell my girlfriend all about it. She’d freak out.

“You smell cheap,” she sniffed in my direction. The living room really had this smell I found hard pointing.

“So, um, how did you get here in the snow?”

She replied, “Oh, Jake darling. You know I’d do anything just to see you.” she giggled and moved towards me.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly

Fa la la la la, la la la la

‘Tis the season to be jolly

Fa la la la la, la la la la

Don we now our gay…

“Hi ya!”

“Abigail?” I couldn’t believe she was standing right next to me.

She smiled in her usual way, not feeling shy like before, as I asked her what she was doing here.

“I came to see you. Missed ya!” she rubbed my arm as she said. She looked jolly unlike before. I was loving the mood. Are you really a ghost—I made to ask—but stopped. It was crystal clear that she was one. Didn’t need a seer telling me.

Or anyone!

I wanted to ask why she chose to see me that day but my mind wasn’t letting me. There must be a reason, I thought. Although I was happy seeing her, I was a bit scared.

“Mm-hmm.” I cleared my throat and spoke: “You’re cheery today. What’s the secret?”

She looked at me. “I am?”

I smiled. “You are.”

She giggled and rubbed my arm again. “I just love the sweet smell of Christmas.”

I watched a sinister smile appear.

“What’s with that?”

She got her lips back to normal.

I didn’t bother asking further as she said it was nothing. The choristers finished and the priest took over as she got up.

“Where are you going?” I whispered but she walked, unheard. “Come back,” the people seated beside me were looking at me as though as I was one weirdo. “Heh!” I laughed and relaxed again. Where is she going? I watched as she moved to the priest’s side. I was curious to know what was it she wanted to do. If she was really a ghost like my mind had made known, how was I able to feel her? ​I couldn’t understand how.

​Watching her fingers click, the priest dropped dead right before my eyes.

​The whole congregation was plunged into chaos. “Somebody call 911!” everyone was running helter-skelter

​I could do nothing but watch, clamped to the spot.

​No one could see her but me.

​Turning around like one who was in a runway show, she was out of sight.

​“What have I done? What was I thinking?” My mind wasn’t at ease. Abigail was not just a ghost. She was a murderer!

​No—

​“Hi ya!”

​“Who are you?” I was seated in my living room when she came. My mind kept replaying what had happened in the church. St Andrews church was shut down as a result. Though temporarily, I doubted people would ever want to go there because of the terror witnessed.

​“What’s your mission?”

​“My, you ask too many questions,” she chuckled, making to sit beside me.

​“What do you want from me?”

​She arched her brows and questioned, “Again with the ‘wh-s’? Why are humans so inquisitive?”

​“Like you weren’t one?”

​She cackled and crossed her legs. “You really want to know who I am?”

​I swallowed at her question.

​“Like I said I’m Abigail,” she tilted her head to the side, looking as though she wanted to study me.

Fuming hard, I made to say—

“Shh—” came rigid, chapped finger on my lips, stopping me.

​“I am Hazel,” she came clean. “Hazel Dardar.”

My jaw dropped open. “You’re joking!”

“But I’m not,”

“You’re not Hazel, are you?”

“Why, of course I am.”

I was bewildered.

Hazel Dardar was a character in the book I used to read when I was nine.

THE SLAYER QUEEN—

Hashtag Hazel Dardar!

How can a fictional character be much real?

Hazel wasn’t a ghost.

She was…

“HAZEL DARDAR!”

My mind was read perfectly.

“Hazel?” I called. “Hazel?!” I called again to be sure.

Spreading her arms, she said, “The one and only.” She smirked.

I found it hard believing. If she was really Hazel, how—I was knocked out immediately.

×××××

“Wakey wakey,”

“Mm… where am I?” My head hurt real bad.

Hazel was staring at me. She had this creepy face, making her look like a clown—a female clown!

She was just as the author had described.

Clown face—

Ponytails—

She was malevolent, though my favourite story villain.

In the novel, Hazel had died from a terrible plague. Having been abandoned by the people she loved, she grew cold and cursed all men. Just before she died, she swore never to let them rest. And as she did, she took her final breath—

“Oh, you’re really going to love this,”

“Love?” I muttered weakly. “Where am I?”

“Nowhere you should be concerned about.”

“What do you want with me?”

“Oh, quit it already,” she said.

“What’s that smell?” I coughed hard, almost choking.

“Death’s smelly feet.” Her sarcastic reply sent shivers.

I knew I was going to die. Hazel meant trouble!

“Release me!” I demanded. “I demand you release me now!”

Her Royal Evilness cackled instead.

Why does she always do that?

“You’re really funny, you know that?”

I smirked. “I’m glad you’re finding my predicament funny.”

“Do you always have to reply?”

“Why are you yet to kill me?”

Miranda’s voice came in at that minute. “Jake—”

“Miranda?”

“Jake—”

“Miranda!”

Hazel continued with her silly cackles.

“Jake? Jake—" Miranda was staring at me. “Jake, what in the world…?”

“Miranda!” I hugged her tight, glad she was there.

“What on earth…?”

“I’m so happy to see you.”

She pulled away. “Thought you were mad at me?”

“Oh, forget it, baby. Mm. Come here!” I hugged her again, not wanting to let go this time.

The doorbell rang, interrupting. Squeezing my face, angry it actually was, I let go of my girlfriend and made to answer it. “Be right back.” I told her and left.

I couldn’t believe I was dreaming all along. Must have fallen asleep on the sofa. My! One hell of a dream that was, I shook my head and opened the door.

“Brownies?”

It was her.

Next please

1 Like

Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Awwn, 1K plus views. Thanks fam kiss kiss
Re: MY CHRI$EVE VISITOR***BY JESSICA DURU °^ by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
dodoatirice:

Next please

Lol. Did u just read it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Hate You Dad (part 1) / Drama Queen / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Online Publishing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.