Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) (629 Views)

Scores Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Agojeju-Odo, Kogi Community / 25 Cars Destroyed As Youths Clash Over Girlfriend In Kwara / Many Arrested, Properties Destroyed As Lagos Task Force Storm Shrine In #ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by DonCrack: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2021
The community of Ewune-Egume in Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi State was attacked by unknown gunmen leaving several persons injured and properties worth millions of Naira destroyed.

The attacked happened on Saturday, November 20 when the gunmen who stormed the community with five trucks and AK 47 rifles started shooting sporadically, HGS Media Plus gathered.

Residents of the community was said to have abandoned their property and ran into the bush for safety.

The hoodlums however started destroying properties when they could not find anyone.

It also said that the hoodlums drank all the beers and beverages in some restaurants in the community before destroying the empty bottles.

It was said that the chief of the community, the Ochai Onu-Egume, Chief Olema Akpali, fainted on hearing gunshots and was rushed to a clinic in the area.

Speaking to news men, the community leader, Mr Matthew Audu, said the gunmen made away with some domestic animals, 200 Jericans of palm oil, 13 motorcycles and set ablaze other motorcycles while other valuable properties were destroyed.

He added that the attackers were suspected to be a group of saw millers working for an Ejule man in Ofu LGA in Kogi State.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, DSP William Ayah, who confirmed the attack, said one person was shot and presently receiving attention.

Meanwhile the PPRO said the police are working assiduously to arrest the perpetrators of the dastardly act, assured calm has since returned to the community.

see photos below:
https://hgsmediaplus.com/2021/11/24/several-injured-property-destroyed-as-gunmen-attack-kogi-community/

lalasticlala
mynd44
seun

Re: Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by DasaintHope(m): 10:27am On Nov 24, 2021
Gumi is in Kogi as of yesterday. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

1 Like

Re: Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by DonCrack: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2021

Re: Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by pastie(m): 10:31am On Nov 24, 2021
Hmm
Re: Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2021
Which day will these unknown gunmen be Known,

May God help us all
Re: Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by Terorislam: 4:14am On Nov 25, 2021
The Invaders drank all the beer before breaking the empty bottles, this bears the Hallmark of Yoruba Muslims miscre.ants (YMM)
Re: Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by Boogyman557: 4:38am On Nov 25, 2021
Holly Gram cool U see d reason I de TALK sey make everybody carry der own KALA, if too sey does COMMUNITY guys Dem get KALA, Na to BLAST like 4 BULLET 4 AIR and every AMA go TWAMER... STREET don CAST... CUNTREE don CAST big time.. CARRY ur own KALA ooooo.... As I de here so, Me I get 2 KALA, old and new KALA, Any STREET wey I de ENTER, I de carry my KALA.. amabobi any MANCHI wey JUNZ 4 my ARINA, I go BLAST em left leg wit my old KALA then use my new KALA BLAST em right leg... WTF MAN
Re: Several Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Invade Kogi Community (photos) by rayvelez(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
Sheikh Gumi boys don strike again.

(1) (Reply)

If The Killings Going On Was In The South, The Whole Country Won't Be Silent Lik / Deltastate Yahooboy Survive Fatter Acident As He Refuse To Use Mother For Ritual / Police Kill Scores Of Terrorists, Recover 2 Corpses Of Bandits In Niger (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.