Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,688 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Please Suggest A Car For Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Suggest A Car For Me (1736 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / Suggest An SUV Of 2m To Buy For My Wife / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Suggest A Car For Me by canyouguess99: 10:38am On Nov 24, 2021
I would like suggestions as regards a nigerian used car to purchase for the following purposes.

Drive to work and back daily (2hrs on each trip).

I intend using the car for public transportation when going to and returning from work.

Road to ply is 8/10, Less potholes and long stretch of road (highway) (but the fear of highway robbers/ car snatchers is to be taken into consideration).

Driving time is daily and from Sunday-Saturday, 6-8am and 4-6pm.

Car gurus, what would you recommend?
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by TundeWX: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2021
Toyota camry 2002
Reasons
-very rugged
-less chances of theft as regards the corolla model
-cheap parts relatively
-regular maintanance not too expensive( engine oil cost now)
- large interior space to accommodate passengers
- price is cheap in comparison to others

2 Likes

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by ifytrik(m): 11:05am On Nov 24, 2021
How much is your budget?
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by tuoyo9729(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2021
Toyota sienna
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Dozieson(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2021
tuoyo9729:
Toyota sienna

Which year?
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by canyouguess99: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
ifytrik:
How much is your budget?

≤700k

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Dozieson(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
canyouguess99:

≤700k

This can only get you low grade Camry pencil light or Honda civil 2003 manual transmission car
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
If you do not want to be singing “See My Car” like this guy below, you better opt for something else, even if is “Yeri n Beto” (commot ya head make I spit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxnLRk6uyJs

December and Xmas are fast approaching and you don’t need an herbalist to tell you what is coming.

As the Kidnappers, bandits & terrorist are strategizing & scheming to score big, so too do these “midnighters”.

May we not be used to count negative scores oooo; and may we not use our money to buy gifts for our greedy, covetous & gun-wielding enemies oooo (ase). grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
canyouguess99:

≤700k

2 Likes

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by babyboy4every1: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Honda civic manual gearbox is what your burget can get you. Any Toyota car with that price is a lemon.

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Dozieson(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
babyboy4every1:
Honda civic manual gearbox is what your burget can get you. Any Toyota car with that price is a lemon.

Agreed
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by blackbone989(m): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
With 700k u can get pencil,fish,babyboy,EOD,and so many other vehicles. Many will sell to upgrade this xmas,many will be at crossroad Jan n will sell theirs to meet financial obligations. Just take your time n remember bargain from d point of comfort n not despiration
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Dozieson(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
blackbone989:
With 700k u can get pencil,fish,babyboy,EOD,and so many other vehicles. Many will sell to upgrade this xmas,many will be at crossroad Jan n will sell theirs to meet financial obligations. Just take your time n remember bargain from d point of comfort n not despiration

Bros forgot that selling to upgrade thing. You can't get a top notch pencil light and EOD for 700k. If you get any for 700k, then be ready to spend more for repairs
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Nurex1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
True talk Honda civic manual gearbox is what your burget can get you. Any Toyota car with that price is a lemon. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Originalsly: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2021
Zoharariel:
If you do not want to be singing “See My Car” like this guy below, you better opt for something else, even if is “Yeri n Beto” (commot ya head make I spit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxnLRk6uyJs

December and Xmas are fast approaching and you don’t need an herbalist to tell you what is coming.

As the Kidnappers, bandits & terrorist are strategizing & scheming to score big, so too do these “midnighters”.

May we not be used to count negative scores oooo; and may we not use our money to buy gifts for our greedy, covetous & gun-wielding enemies oooo (ase). grin

" see my car........ see my car ..... ah ..... see my car ..... ahhh ..... see my car .... let me get my keyboard ... about to make a hit song.

These guys ruthless.... they look sooo innocent when caught. And we wonder why when caught they are treated ruthlessly.

@ topic..... Pencil Light.
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by udemzyudex(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
Originalsly:

" see my car........ see my car ..... ah ..... see my car ..... ahhh ..... see my car .... let me get my keyboard ... about to make a hit song.

These guys ruthless.... they look sooo innocent when caught. And we wonder why when caught they are treated ruthlessly.

@ topic..... Pencil Light.

Send am to kiffness, the guy can make song with any sound, I mean any sound grin

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by coolangel54(f): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
I'm also considering getting a small car that will help me in my day to day activities: school runs, office, market, etc.

I'm a newbie when it comes to cars and I'm learning here.

How much will the Nigeria used, foreign used and brand new of this Camry Pencil light cost? I have a budget of N800,000-1m
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
coolangel54:
I'm also considering getting a small car that will help me in my day to day activities: school runs, office, market, etc.

How much will the Nigeria used, foreign used and brand new of this Camry Pencil light cost? I have a budget of N800,000-1m
my dear dem no dey see brand new o.you are better off with a clean Naija used with your funds.las las 700k can get you a clean one without issues.just go with person wey sabi car to inspect ,or you get civic 05 if you like it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Dozieson(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
my dear dem no dey see brand new o.you are better off with a clean Naija used with your funds.las las 700k can get you a clean one without issues.just go with person wey sabi car to inspect ,or you get civic 05 if you like it.

There is no naija used car without issues. Some have minor issues while others have major issues. Even most foreign used cars have issues too
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
Dozieson:

There is no naija used car without issues. Some have minor issues while others have major issues. Even most foreign used cars have issues too
bros there are cars without issues,I bought mine without issues.Naija car dey without issues,some day with issues.simple
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by beylinko02: 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nice thread by the way. Let me chip in o.

I am Confused between getting Passat 08 and sienna 2002. Though Passat seem cheaper with what I have seen.
First car too, married with a child another on the way.

@op no vex for gatecrashing.
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by adubam(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Forget the Sienna and go for Passat.
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by beylinko02: 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
adubam:
Forget the Sienna and go for Passat.
Elaborate more sir abeg. Your reasons
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by ehmmy11(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
beylinko02:
Nice thread by the way. Let me chip in o.

I am Confused between getting Passat 08 and sienna 2002. Though Passat seem cheaper with what I have seen.
First car too, married with a child another on the way.

@op no vex for gatecrashing.

If you want your kids to go to good schools(fees paid on time) and other good things in life .. run away from that Passat grin

canyouguess99:
I would like suggestions as regards a nigerian used car to purchase for the following purposes.

Drive to work and back daily (2hrs on each trip).

I intend using the car for public transportation when going to and returning from work.

Road to ply is 8/10, Less potholes and long stretch of road (highway) (but the fear of highway robbers/ car snatchers is to be taken into consideration).

Driving time is daily and from Sunday-Saturday, 6-8am and 4-6pm.

Car gurus, what would you recommend?

Your budget is too low in present day Nigeria.. well try and lay your hands on Corolla bank type (manual) it’s not a thief magnet like the American spec just as rugged and durable and it’s accepted for e-hailing.. I only advise this becos you want to do e-hailing but if na normal kabu kabu Camry pencil light it is, only becos it’s out of mind for car thieves.

coolangel54:

Camry pencil light is an old car you can’t get it brand new again

Your budget can get you a good Nigerian used if you need foreign used you would increase ur budget

Look at the civic 2005 if you like it, it’s a small car and fits what you described..

Good luck guys cool

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by Dozieson(m): 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
bros there are cars without issues,I bought mine without issues.Naija car dey without issues,some day with issues.simple

I can tell you that almost all used cars, either tokunbo or naija used cars have issues. naija used cars issues are worse because of engine oil abuse, bad mechanic etc. Either, legs, gear, engine, ac, wiring an so on. The only near perfect cars are the brand new ones.
Re: Please Suggest A Car For Me by skywalker240(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
Very nice thread, let me sit down hear and sip my soya milk as i read comments, afterall, we are all hear to learn.

(1) (Reply)

What Car Can I Get With 1m / Siena's Audi B5 V8 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan - Co-Driver Found. / We All See Nice Cars But Do The Prices Really Match The Benefits. Car Body Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.