Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,741 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers (2888 Views)

New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There / Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies / ‘I Called Them Before I Have Sex With My Wife’; Man Hypnotised By Scammers. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
So of late I have been getting strange phone call from some set of people, who claim to mistakenly send me airtime codes. Usually an old man who claims to be a native doctor..he calls and pleads with me to return the credit he actually sent to my phone.Then he gives the phone to a supposed son of his. This son begs me not to use the credit which I have no intention of even using sef. Dat the card was meant for his younger sibling in school so that he can sell and take care of himself. I then tell them not to bother they should simply go to their inbox copy the message and sent it to the intended recipient but if they expect me to send the codes to their phone they must be joking..the first time I even answered them then the same format repeated itself today again..which kind scam method be this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Ammishaddai: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Na wah for this country undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
As in I tire..once i get a call and they begin the line dat they mistakenly sent airtime codes I just cut the call.

3 Likes

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Boogyman557: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters bro. real matters. WTF MAN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by GenAbacha(m): 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Did you just buy a phone?

This scam is as old as scams go.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by illicit(m): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
It is never a scam until u fall for it

2 Likes

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
GenAbacha:

What are they trying to get from me sending dem back the airtime codes sent to my phone
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by GenAbacha(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
juniorstar:

What are they trying to get from me sending dem back the airtime codes sent to my phone

It’s not airtime codes, most times, they want to reset your Facebook or something that requires they type in a code that’s sent to your phone.
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
GenAbacha:

It’s not airtime codes, most times, they want to reset your Facebook or something that requires they type in a code that’s sent to your phone.
Dem go wait tire!!!
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
I just dey wait 4 the day these pple go send me airtime
i go just load am sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Tohsynetita1: 3:34am On Nov 25, 2021
juniorstar:
So of late I have been getting strange phone call from some set of people, who claim to mistakenly send me airtime codes. Usually an old man who claims to be a native doctor..he calls and pleads with me to return the credit he actually sent to my phone.Then he gives the phone to a supposed son of his. This son begs me not to use the credit which I have no intention of even using sef. Dat the card was meant for his younger sibling in school so that he can sell and take care of himself. I then tell them not to bother they should simply go to their inbox copy the message and sent it to the intended recipient but if they expect me to send the codes to their phone they must be joking..the first time I even answered them then the same format repeated itself today again..which kind scam method be this.

It's a stupid man from Ife calling himself Ayilala or something, he called my mum last week as well. The scam is old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 3:46am On Nov 25, 2021
Tohsynetita1:

It's a stupid man from Ife calling himself Ayilala or something, he called my mum last week as well. The scam is old.
Yea...I think he mentioned he is from Jfe

1 Like

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Onyenna(m): 5:39am On Nov 25, 2021
Scammers everywhere!!

Ike gwuru....

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by TeeGentle(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2021
This scam is old
but they are still using it to scam people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Pweetiedude(m): 7:15am On Nov 25, 2021
I've fallen prey to this particular scam two years ago. I lost #8000 to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 25, 2021
Yes last year..
He claimed to be the chief herbalist of Osun states and he allegedly does juju for Osun king... Idiot...
I blocked the bastard...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2021
Tohsynetita1:

Exactly, I regretted sending him back the airtime.. Should have just used the voucher asap..

But I may not have worked tho.
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Matthewdan(m): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2021
Rituals if u know u know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2021
The first time I witnessed such was 2019, was going home from work the airtime pin dropped on my phone as an sms, I opened it but didn't read it fully till I reached home. Before I got home the sender had called me like 2x but I didn't picked, while at home I used my truecaller to run a background check since the number wasn't registered on my phone it displayed an unknown name so I bothered not using the pin rather I deleted it. Some minutes later the same number called me I picked, he started lamenting how he mistakenly send an Airtime which was meant for his brother who was a student as of them that he would be glad if I could return the airtime to him, I was like oga, yes I saw your sms but telling me to return the msg is what I don't understand you send the msg, and you still have the air time card with you, I didn't use your pin code so you can as well pick up from there. He tried insisting that I should but I still maintained my stand embarassed He hanged the call. After some minutes later he called again full of praises this, that this bla bla that he never knew that nigerians can be still be this good, I told him it's nothing he continued he told me he would like to give the phone to his father for him to thank me for what I just did (me way no dey like long talk for phone) I told him to forget about it the guy insisted we drag forth and back still the same las las I gave in, the presumed old man collected the phone I greeted him we talk one thing one thing immediately the man switched to yoruba language was reciting some yoruba words which I don't know the meaning since I don't understand yoruba I became uncomfortable with the call, what did I do? I ended the call. They didn't call me again neither did I call them. That was it...

Fast forward to the next same thing happened, same tactics immediately I saw the msg I deleted it too the mumu guy called and I changed am for am. I blasted him to the point he couldn't utter a word. I told if he try calling this number again that I will locate him and pick him up..

1 Like

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by PapaNnamdi: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2021
Na old format, they will tell u baba wants to pray for u and the motherfucker will start raining incantations for reasons I don't understand

2 Likes

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by xamiel4(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2021
Pweetiedude:
I've fallen prey to this particular scam two years ago. I lost #8000 to them.

What actually happened? How did you loose the 8k?
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Vanilla4(f): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2021
No, never. He can as well copy the message and send it to the desire person.

You can be annoying by answering the call and putting a speaker next to it. Just tune up the radio wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by dandig(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
GenAbacha:

been called countless times I Simply told them I'm an Ekpoma (Edo Boy), they'll start shouting ah! Boss I hail o.. no reason am , na the hustle.�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hanks0000:

Exactly, I regretted sending him back the airtime.. Should have just used the voucher asap..

But I may not have worked tho.
E fit be wrong code.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
Matthewdan:
Rituals if u know u know
God forbid these kind ppl get person
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
The first time I witnessed such was 2019, was going home from work the airtime pin dropped on my phone as an sms, I opened it but didn't read it fully till I reached home. Before I got home the sender had called me like 2x but I didn't picked, while at home I used my truecaller to run a background check since the number wasn't registered on my phone it displayed an unknown name so I bothered not using the pin rather I deleted it. Some minutes later the same number called me I picked, he started lamenting how he mistakenly send an Airtime which was meant for his brother who was a student as of them that he would be glad if I could return the airtime to him, I was like oga, yes I saw your sms but telling me to return the msg is what I don't understand you send the msg, and you still have the air time card with you, I didn't use your pin code so you can as well pick up from there. He tried insisting that I should but I still maintained my stand embarassed He hanged the call. After some minutes later he called again full of praises this, that this bla bla that he never knew that nigerians can be still be this good, I told him it's nothing he continued he told me he would like to give the phone to his father for him to thank me for what I just did (me way no dey like long talk for phone) I told him to forget about it the guy insisted we drag forth and back still the same las las I gave in, the presumed old man collected the phone I greeted him we talk one thing one thing immediately the man switched to yoruba language was reciting some yoruba words which I don't know the meaning since I don't understand yoruba I became uncomfortable with the call, what did I do? I ended the call. They didn't call me again neither did I call them. That was it...

Fast forward to the next same thing happened, same tactics immediately I saw the msg I deleted it too the mumu guy called and I changed am for am. I blasted him to the point he couldn't utter a word. I told if he try calling this number again that I will locate him and pick him up..
They did the exact samething..the baba con dey pray dey pray he con ask wey I dey I tell am make e no worry I cut call.
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
PapaNnamdi:
Na old format, they will tell u baba wants to pray for u and the motherfucker will start raining incantations for reasons I don't understand
as the man start prayer I cut call.
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
xamiel4:

What actually happened? How did you loose the 8k?
Shey them jazz u ni wey make u transfer 8k..or how u take loose am.
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
Vanilla4:
No, never. He can as well copy the message and send it to the desire person.

You can be annoying by answering the call and putting a speaker next to it. Just tune up the radio wink
Lol..na wetin i go do next shebi dem get credit to burn.
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by juniorstar(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
dandig:
been called countless times I Simply told them I'm an Ekpoma (Edo Boy), they'll start shouting ah! Boss I hail o.. no reason am , na the hustle.�
Them know say u na sabi person
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2021
juniorstar:

E fit be wrong code.

True that...
Re: Have U Experienced This New Format By Scammers by olatayo8296(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2022
Tonymegabush1:

I just experienced the scam now now Lol.
The werey baba said he go do some prayers for me say I'll need to buy four things which he mentioned to me, then told me i need to buy four schnapps for him that that's what he's going to use for the prayer on his side, i asked him how much and he said each bottle cost #1200 i already know wherw things are going. He suggested i transfer the money to that son or grandson of his because the prayer needs to commence immediately. Then i thought let me search online if this scam has been ravenging before and lo and behold i came across this thread. Ati baba ati omo.. Koni ye awon mejeji

(1) (Reply)

O! Boy! Like Play! Like Play! Mompha! / BREAKING: 7 Herders Killed, One Missing In Fresh Attack / Minors Got Married - People Call For Immediate Arrest Of Both Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.