Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There (41042 Views)

Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies / Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / Armed Robbers Using Nails Covered In Polyethylene Bag To Rob Victims - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Meerahbel: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2023
I needed physical cash desperately, so I drove into the first bank I saw around Agege and strolled into the bank premises, with the intention of using the ATM.

Luckily, the ATM was deserted. No queue, just some rough looking individuals outside the premises, smoking under the scorching sun, drinking openly and standing idly.

I almost walked away thinking the machine isn’t working but I decided to just give it a try. I also knew I was taking a chance withdrawing here instead of going inside but I was in a hurry.

So, I stayed alert because this is agege after all, anything can happen in a flash!

To my surprise and excitement, the ATM worked.

The sound of the money coming out blessed my ears and as I turned to leave, a middle-aged woman approached me

I panicked, as I assumed she was about to beg me because she didn’t head towards any of the other ATMs. Instead, she approached me directly with a confused look on her face

“Good afternoon, sir, please can you help me with my card? I don’t know how to operate the machine.

I was relieved in an instant. I smiled and asked her how much she wanted to withdraw.

She said ₦10,000, then handed me her card

I inserted the card, and after she inputted her PIN, I initiated the transaction.

The screen immediately displayed, “Insufficient balance”

I looked at her, she apologized and said I should try ₦5,000.

I tried ₦5,000

Same thing, insufficient balance

She now suggested we try ₦1,000

In my mind I was like, Omo, people are really suffering in this country

So, I tried again

Insufficient balance!

I now ejected the card and gave it to her but she refused to collect it.

She now said, “Sir, please sir, help me with anything. You have seen the evidence that I don’t have any single money in my account. I and my family have not eaten since.”

I was shocked

I just stood rooted to the spot looking at her

“Madam, so you intentionally came out with your ATM card, knowing you don’t have any money, just to beg?”

Next thing she knelt down and started crying and begging

She held my trousers and was seriously begging with tears flowing like a river while refusing to collect her card back.

I looked around, I noticed the rough looking boys with weed and spirit were already looking at us with red eyes. Even the bank security guards were staring suspiciously.

I quickly calculated. This woman might turn this thing around because the scene wasn’t looking favorably for me.

I’m holding her ATM card, spotting an earring and dressed casually with dark shades on, while she’s on her knees begging and crying.

Immediately, I gave her 1k from the amount I withdrew before these people will think I’m robbing her or I have already emptied her account and decide I’m the cause of their problems and suffering.

To my astonishment she shook her head and refused the 1k and said I should add to it

Omo, I would have laughed under different circumstances, so I added another 1k and made it 2k. In my mind I was like, if she refuse, then if I d!e, I d!e!

She took the money, stopped crying immediately, and said, “Na wa o, 2k inside this plenty money you carry and I still kneel down for you. Abeg, help me stand up, knee dey pain me.”

I was stunned

“Uncle help me na, you deaf?”

I moved like I wanted to hold her hand and help her up, then, quickly, I snatched my 2k from her hands, the force knocked her down flat on the ground, then with the speed of Usain Bolt, I ran to my car opened and jumped in

To my shock and horror the woman started shouting, “Ole, Ole!”

“Ole, ontop my own money?!”

Before the boys and the security guards will jump up, I have entered my car and zoomed off, fast and furious style!

I got home and realized I still had her ATM card. I threw it in a f!re and watched it burn.

Lagos

Ajebo Writer

©️Kingdavid Chinaeke Ofunne

New format to rob people. Be careful out there
*@copied*

333 Likes 33 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Deco7: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2023
Na wa o

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by garriAndsugar: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2023
Anybody wey no Sabi use ATM make e ask security to help am. That's their work

671 Likes 49 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Oizee(f): 10:58am On Sep 21, 2023
garriAndsugar:
exactly

332 Likes 22 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Meerahbel: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2023
wink
Oizee:
exactly

4 Likes

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by ahnie: 11:18am On Sep 28, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Jewessgratitud3: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Okayyyy. Na Dem dey help you all this while abi? 😂🤣😂🤣🤣

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Jewessgratitud3: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2023
You risked it by running away like that still clutching her card.

The way I bone at the ATM, no body fit near me. I don't joke with money o. (In verydarkmans voice,) Don't play"

185 Likes 10 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Foodqueen(f): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
Lucky you.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Truvelisback(m): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
Fiction..

39 Likes

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Meerahbel: 7:44am On Sep 29, 2023
grin
Jewessgratitud3:
You risked it by running away like that still clutching her card.

The way I bone at the ATM, no body fit near me. I don't joke with money o. (In verydarkmans voice,) Don't play"
na so

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Danisaint112(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2023
He did well. Aside the fact that she is trickish, she was just ungrateful too.

There are some times people beg me for money and when I do I get pushed to double it and some times even triple it due to how grateful/thankful they were.

You all should be careful out there, whenever things like this happen always direct them to the security guard.

If they insist, you show them where to insert the ATM card in the ATM machine and also insist the fix it in themselves.

Hunger dey country now oo! Everybody eye dey red. Make dey no go kpai you for being nice.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by eepeepook: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2023
Kingdavid Chinaeke Ofunne is bored. It is the reason he crafted this lie of a tale to trend.

Nigerians are very stupid on a regular day. A talent this one spent years to hone is now used to spread mischief.

Oga, your story na lie.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by LaSenior: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2023
cheesy
Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by iwaeda: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2023
[quote author=Meerahbel post=125928116][/quote]

Eko oni baje, awon omo oni Di beeree pelu ileke. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Vh77: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2023
Hmm

5 Likes

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by CondemnBattery(f): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Lanretoye(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Which one is physical cash again.

8 Likes

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by flexyrule(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2023
Lol

That time she knelt down and started crying... I would have knelt down, and start crying too.

How many times would they tell you people not to assist strangers on an ATM?

How many times?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Btruth: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2023
Hummm
Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by illicit(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2023
😳
Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by chris4gold(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2023
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by bonechamberlain(m): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2023
angry
Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Thisisanfield: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2023
This is one of the reasons i dont like helping people. at all..

and i also dont like asking people for help especially anything money related.

the problem in this country is not only the government, but the people.. just imagine

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Serviceweb: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2023
really
Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by alphaconde(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2023
just imagine how humans are making humans terrible.

no wonder some humans are channeling their love and kindness to animals.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by olaztek(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2023
This is one of the reasons kind people have been lacking compassion lately to avoid stories that touch.
Wicked people

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Benki003(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2023
Vh77:
The Useless Igbo criminals in Lagos out with another format again..

Chai grin grin grin

Igbo woman format in Lagos na the baddest..

Hardened criminals

Unfortunate fellow

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by Flier: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2023
Why would you run away with her ATM? are you sure you are telling the truth if yes then what you did is very wrong and you should thank God you were not caught,they might have burn you alive
You gave her 2000 and later snatched it from her
You took her ATM away
EVERYTHING YOU wrote make you look like a criminal

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There by maryscotland: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2023
I don't help people in ATM, if u need help go to the security of bank

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) / Prophetess Felicia Agwu Found Dead On Abakaliki Road / Photos Of Jealous Drug Addict Who Killed His Girlfriend For Dating Another Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.