Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts (18462 Views)

CBN Bars MFBs, Opay, Moniepoint From Registering New Customers - Gazette / CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions / CBN Threatens To Sanction BVN Violators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by anambraamaka: 4:41am On Nov 26, 2021
Good move
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by vickylala239: 4:50am On Nov 26, 2021
FreelanceRebel:
What if I decide to tell the new bank that I don't have a BVN and they sign me up for new one?

I know BVN is attached to biometric and personal data but it can still be spoof

You can't!!!! Thump wil match
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Edibless07(m): 4:53am On Nov 26, 2021
I believe having something like Terms and condition for BVN users will be more better than this.

Please contact me for your fresh palm oil.
Palm oil Made in Uyo is the best for your home.
I charge very low for customers in Lagos , Porthacourt and Abuja.

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by LordVarys1: 4:53am On Nov 26, 2021
montumonami:
What are the violations biko? Scammers, fine.
Crypto trading, don't go there..
with the recent voucher thing, I am fully back to crypto trading on luno.
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by GeorgeTheCoder: 4:56am On Nov 26, 2021
Emefiele is the worst CBN Governor in memory

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by bdon123(m): 5:00am On Nov 26, 2021
helinues:
Best way to go
Until ur BVN gets blocked for no reason.Remeber this is naija...u cld be blocked jst for toasting emiefele daughter....law n order is zero.Do not think this is a good thing

4 Likes

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by dingbang(m): 5:01am On Nov 26, 2021
An example of bvn violation

Trying to change date of birth more than once.

You will see an old man saying he is 26years old just because he wants to apply for npower.

Many nigerians are fond of reducing their age, changing their names up and down to get government jobs or replacement jobs, well, God will judge una.

Well newsflash, you can only change your dob once. and if you feel you want to be smart by changing your name totally, you must get approval from NFIU. Else, OYO!

The dubious ones will be angry at this news, you will know them from their comments

If you need the soft copy of the revised bvn framework, contact your account officer or visit the cbn website.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by egoldman(m): 5:09am On Nov 26, 2021
Kabongo1:
What's a BVN violation?

Good question.
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Kobicove(m): 5:10am On Nov 26, 2021
This is good news!
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by InvestmentMood: 5:18am On Nov 26, 2021
nedekid:

The scanner will show proxy. You cannot have 2 bvn as your biometrics is on record.

I know someone who has two different BVN digits
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by aktolly54(m): 5:24am On Nov 26, 2021
FreelanceRebel:
What if I decide to tell the new bank that I don't have a BVN and they sign me up for new one?

be ready to change your palm and fingerprint
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by egoldman(m): 5:27am On Nov 26, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
CBN is yet to learn that over regulation is a bad thing.

Instead of looking at ways to bank the unbaked population in Nigeria especially those in rural areas CBN is trying to keep people it terms "violators" out of the banking system all together. This is like when a referee leaves the players and starts issuing cards to the spectators or camera men.

You should keep those people in the system so you can continue to monitor them if that's so important to you rather than kicking them out altogether moreover I think CBN should leave bank customers and face banks. I don't see how those very few "bvn violators" crypto currency transactions is doing any harm to the entire economy of Nigeria that'll warrant CBN to spend all this time and money looking into it.

We as a nation have nothing good at all to invite foreign and even local investors or to keep local investors.

And yet we are placing policies and regulations with deadlines and measures as if we are the most attractive business or banking destination in the world.

Small, poor, third world countries who have nothing to offer LIKE NIGERIA
Usually offer loose laws, lapse systems to attract investors I'll give examples

Panama and Liberia : these 2 countries are responsible for almost 30 - 40% of ALL Ship registrations in the world why? How?

Registering ships anywhere else is costly and difficult and has too many red tapes and bureaucracy so these countries said how do we make money from it? They made ship ownership and registration so easy in their countries that everyone from all over the world prefers to register their ships in Panama and Liberia.

In banking the same thing certain countries allow loose regulations thereby becoming Tax havens and making money from it.

In citizenship: countries like Guyana, st Kitts and Nevis, the Bahamas, even Portugal has joined them now, they will give you citizenship if you pay them a lump sum of money over $160,000 or "donate" that amount to their country or invest in their country investments worth over $500,000 or thereabout depending on the country.

Asylum: even supposedly first world countries like France will grant you asylum if you agree to forfeit half of your loot to the french government, that's why it seems many African leaders run to France for asylum especially those from french speaking countries, the most expensive car ever auctioned was auctioned before 2017 or so was by the french government (now I think it is the second most expensive car ever auctioned) it was a car belonging to the Vice president of Equatorial Guinea one Nguema the son of the president Theodore Obiang Nguema's. He agreed to forfeit the custom made high end luxury car to the french government along with a castle in France and 2 Lamborghini's I think and the case against him was dropped sharperly as my PH people will say.

What am I driving at? We Nigerians have refused to have sense because we think we have oil, don't worry the oil will dry or the world will move away from oil, whichever happens first. Then maybe government will start having sense.
Government's Number 1 job is to take care of WE THE PEOPLE, its citizens. It's number 1 job is not to regulate us. To government making money to take care of its people should be priority.
Regulation will come when we done chop, when people are taking advantage of the system to the detriment of Nigerians, then government can step in to protect Nigerians.

Government should not regulate just simply because it feels like, or because other countries are doing it.
I pray one day people with administrative ability, with knowledge of law and understanding of the inner workings of government across the world people like me will have the opportunity to hold elected office. So our people will actually know the true meaning of government.

The people are not supposed to fear government or their agencies like police or army, they are not supposed to run when they see them they should be happy to see them, the people and businesses shouldn't fear CBN they should be happy knowing that CBN is there to save them from being taken advantage of by private banks.

May you live long.

7 Likes

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by egoldman(m): 5:32am On Nov 26, 2021
bdon123:

Until ur BVN gets blocked for no reason.Remeber this is naija...u cld be blocked jst for toasting emiefele daughter....law n order is zero.Do not think this is a good thing

Don't waste your time, he is a Buharist, their thinking na one way traffic, Ajororom jaa jororom,go n quench, go n kill, go n die, putam for reverse grin
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by DUNKA(m): 5:43am On Nov 26, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

impossible to spoof
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by NewYorkCity: 6:18am On Nov 26, 2021
the BVN of Convicted fraudsters should be barred from opening and operating bank accounts
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by FEGEITOK: 6:35am On Nov 26, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Instead of looking at ways to bank the unbaked population in Nigeria especially those in rural areas CBN is trying to keep people it terms "violators" out of the banking system all together. This is like when a referee leaves the players and starts issuing cards to the spectators or camera men.

You should keep those people in the system so you can continue to monitor them if that's so important to you rather than kicking them out altogether moreover I think CBN should leave bank customers and face banks. I don't see how those very few "bvn violators" crypto currency transactions is doing any harm to the entire economy of Nigeria that'll warrant CBN to spend all this time and money looking into it.

We as a nation have nothing good at all to invite foreign and even local investors or to keep local investors.

And yet we are placing policies and regulations with deadlines and measures as if we are the most attractive business or banking destination in the world.

Panama and Liberia : these 2 countries are responsible for almost 30 - 40% of ALL Ship registrations in the world why? How?

Registering ships anywhere else is costly and difficult and has too many red tapes and bureaucracy so these countries said how do we make money from it? They made ship ownership and registration so easy in their countries that everyone from all over the world prefers to register their ships in Panama and Liberia.

In banking the same thing certain countries allow loose regulations thereby becoming Tax havens and making money from it.

In citizenship: countries like Guyana, st Kitts and Nevis, the Bahamas, even Portugal has joined them now, they will give you citizenship if you pay them a lump sum of money over $160,000 or "donate" that amount to their country or invest in their country investments worth over $500,000 or thereabout depending on the country.

Asylum: even supposedly first world countries like France will grant you asylum if you agree to forfeit half of your loot to the french government, that's why it seems many African leaders run to France for asylum especially those from french speaking countries, the most expensive car ever auctioned was auctioned before 2017 or so was by the french government (now I think it is the second most expensive car ever auctioned) it was a car belonging to the Vice president of Equatorial Guinea one Nguema the son of the president Theodore Obiang Nguema's. He agreed to forfeit the custom made high end luxury car to the french government along with a castle in France and 2 Lamborghini's I think and the case against him was dropped sharperly as my PH people will say.

What am I driving at? We Nigerians have refused to have sense because we think we have oil, don't worry the oil will dry or the world will move away from oil, whichever happens first. Then maybe government will start having sense.
Government's Number 1 job is to take care of WE THE PEOPLE, its citizens. It's number 1 job is not to regulate us. To government making money to take care of its people should be priority.
Regulation will come when we done chop, when people are taking advantage of the system to the detriment of Nigerians, then government can step in to protect Nigerians.

Government should not regulate just simply because it feels like, or because other countries are doing it.
I pray one day people with administrative ability, with knowledge of law and understanding of the inner workings of government across the world people like me will have the opportunity to hold elected office. So our people will actually know the true meaning of government.

The people are not supposed to fear government or their agencies like police or army, they are not supposed to run when they see them they should be happy to see them, the people and businesses shouldn't fear CBN they should be happy knowing that CBN is there to save them from being taken advantage of by private banks.

I rarely do this. I want to thank you for your profound insight.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by 27Pushing30: 6:38am On Nov 26, 2021
inoki247:

Which one be BVN watch list anybody wey commit fraud u can black list his or her BVN or people owing loans....

I just pray the thing no b anoda tool to deal with the youth and start blocking dere account....

They should gives us the BVN terms and conditions so we no fit violate am not u jus waking up one day nd see say dem don block ur bank account....

Smh �‍♂️ see human human being wey get internet
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by 27Pushing30: 6:52am On Nov 26, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Only an ignorant person will read your rubbish and be impressed.

Shocking
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by wordcat(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2021
I can bet my last kobo that even Godwin Emiefele can't remember how many regulations he has ditched out so far.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Welcum: 7:34am On Nov 26, 2021
RichDad1:
This is a very vague news. What is BVN violation ? Junk journalism everywhere.

Kabongo1:
What's a BVN violation?
BrandspurNG
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Damilare30(m): 7:34am On Nov 26, 2021
bcomputer101:
BVN VIOLATORS?

What does that mean?

Can someone please � enlight us on this...
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by AbiZeus: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2021
Buy/Sell wholesale with OAK MARKET

https://oak-market.netlify.app/
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by prophetfire: 8:27am On Nov 26, 2021
God1000:
This is good, some Nigerians are criminally minded
. You, what is BVN violation please?
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Osanoghodua1: 8:32am On Nov 26, 2021
Many things should constitute the violation but the reporter didn't state any. Bad journalism
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by seyz91(m): 9:01am On Nov 26, 2021
I tried making meaning out of it too but still nonsense to me
Kabongo1:
What's a BVN violation?
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by goody2019: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
. . . when people are taking advantage of the system to the detriment of Nigerians, then government can step in to protect Nigerians.

People are already taking advantage of the system to the detriment of Nigerians. You should have known that. Its crystal clear. Regulation is where the government is failing. It should wake up, to save Nigerians . . . Middlemen, hoarders, scammers, hackers, kidnappers, bandits, terrorists, corrupt individuals, traffickers, . . .
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by goody2019: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2021
People are taking advantage of the loose system to the detriment of Nigerians. Its crystal clear. . . . Middlemen, hoarders, scammers, hackers, kidnappers, bandits, terrorists, corrupt individuals, traffickers, . . . Regulation is where the government is failing. She should wake up, and act drastically, to save Nigerians.
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by murmee: 9:37am On Nov 26, 2021
wunmi590:

May be opening two BVN and fabricating lies in your application
But you cannot fabricate Biometrics!
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Divoc19(f): 10:02am On Nov 26, 2021
What is NFIU
dingbang:
An example of bvn violation

Trying to change date of birth more than once.

You will see an old man saying he is 26years old just because he wants to apply for npower.

Many nigerians are fond of reducing their age, changing their names up and down to get government jobs or replacement jobs, well, God will judge una.

Well newsflash, you can only change your dob once. and if you feel you want to be smart by changing your name totally, you must get approval from NFIU. Else, OYO!

The dubious ones will be angry at this news, you will know them from their comments

If you need the soft copy of the revised bvn framework, contact your account officer or visit the cbn website.
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by wunmi590(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2021
murmee:
But you cannot fabricate Biometrics!

You are absolutely correct, but I fear Nigeria, do you think all these our politicians dont have multiple BVN?
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by xukwaa: 10:10am On Nov 26, 2021
BVN VIOLATORS
The new framework further stipulates that a customer with watch-listed BVN shall not reference accounts, access or guarantee credit facilities.

As defined by the framework, breaches on the customer’s part include; use of forged documents; forgery; compromise; complicity and connivance.

Also included in the list of breaches are; duplicate enrolment, use of fictitious information, receipts of proceeds of deception, deception, receipts of fraudulent proceeds and any infractions on AML/CFT laws, and dishonest acts.

Others listed are; non-cooperation with efforts (as stipulated in the Regulation on Instant Interbank Electronic Funds Transfer) to reverse wrong credit, erroneous, multiple or duplicated payments or credits; and any infringement of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

Those who misuse identity and financial information, indulge in identity theft and breach of confidentiality will be punished in line with the new regulations.
The CBN will also punish customers for falsification, concealment of relevant information, conspiracy, extortion, false representation and any other fraudulent infraction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes / 285 Dangote Drivers Wanted Over Stolen Tyres / GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.