Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts (18454 Views)

CBN Bars MFBs, Opay, Moniepoint From Registering New Customers - Gazette / CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions / CBN Threatens To Sanction BVN Violators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:20am On Nov 26, 2021
NO SENSIBLE ECONOMIST MANAGING NAIJA ECONOMY...THAT IS WHY THINGS ARE LIKE THIS. undecided
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Anndrew(m): 11:15am On Nov 26, 2021
nedekid:

Person owe in first bank, you fashi the payment and go open another account in acess bank. You taken moni there japa (think say you wise). Go open for Zenith bank etc.
I guess that's what they mean.
lolz..

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Ogaonos: 11:18am On Nov 26, 2021

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Feelings79: 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
InvestmentMood:

I know someone who has two different BVN digits
Na lie....you guys can come online and be spewing all manner of thrash
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by seunlayi(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
27Pushing30:

Only an ignorant person will read your rubbish and be impressed.

Shocking
sai Baba reminant spotted.
You should be wiser by now and stop bn sentimental. This write up is impressive, even PMB and VP will say a big thank you to the writer
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by nedekid: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
InvestmentMood:

I know someone who has two different BVN digits
How is that possible? When biometrics is taken, it is inputed in the cbn database.
Could your paddy have 2 finger prints?
Anyway, this is naija, anything can happen.
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2021
BrandSpurNG:

https://brandspurng.com/2021/11/25/cbn-bars-bvn-violators-from-opening-bank-accounts/

Please up next they should allow accounts not used for 5 years or more require activation and also closure for accounts you dont want to use again. If you revisit a new one be opened or same one reactivated. Please also don’t allow any bank to assign duplicate number accounts to clients
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by dingbang(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
Divoc19:
What is NFIU
nigerian financial intelligence unit

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by chachanga: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
CBN is yet to learn that over regulation is a bad thing.

Instead of looking at ways to bank the unbaked population in Nigeria especially those in rural areas CBN is trying to keep people it terms "violators" out of the banking system all together. This is like when a referee leaves the players and starts issuing cards to the spectators or camera men.

You should keep those people in the system so you can continue to monitor them if that's so important to you rather than kicking them out altogether moreover I think CBN should leave bank customers and face banks. I don't see how those very few "bvn violators" crypto currency transactions is doing any harm to the entire economy of Nigeria that'll warrant CBN to spend all this time and money looking into it.

We as a nation have nothing good at all to invite foreign and even local investors or to keep local investors.

And yet we are placing policies and regulations with deadlines and measures as if we are the most attractive business or banking destination in the world.

Small, poor, third world countries who have nothing to offer LIKE NIGERIA
Usually offer loose laws, lapse systems to attract investors I'll give examples

Panama and Liberia : these 2 countries are responsible for almost 30 - 40% of ALL Ship registrations in the world why? How?

Registering ships anywhere else is costly and difficult and has too many red tapes and bureaucracy so these countries said how do we make money from it? They made ship ownership and registration so easy in their countries that everyone from all over the world prefers to register their ships in Panama and Liberia.

In banking the same thing certain countries allow loose regulations thereby becoming Tax havens and making money from it.

In citizenship: countries like Guyana, st Kitts and Nevis, the Bahamas, even Portugal has joined them now, they will give you citizenship if you pay them a lump sum of money over $160,000 or "donate" that amount to their country or invest in their country investments worth over $500,000 or thereabout depending on the country.

Asylum: even supposedly first world countries like France will grant you asylum if you agree to forfeit half of your loot to the french government, that's why it seems many African leaders run to France for asylum especially those from french speaking countries, the most expensive car ever auctioned was auctioned before 2017 or so was by the french government (now I think it is the second most expensive car ever auctioned) it was a car belonging to the Vice president of Equatorial Guinea one Nguema the son of the president Theodore Obiang Nguema's. He agreed to forfeit the custom made high end luxury car to the french government along with a castle in France and 2 Lamborghini's I think and the case against him was dropped sharperly as my PH people will say.

What am I driving at? We Nigerians have refused to have sense because we think we have oil, don't worry the oil will dry or the world will move away from oil, whichever happens first. Then maybe government will start having sense.
Government's Number 1 job is to take care of WE THE PEOPLE, its citizens. It's number 1 job is not to regulate us. To government making money to take care of its people should be priority.
Regulation will come when we done chop, when people are taking advantage of the system to the detriment of Nigerians, then government can step in to protect Nigerians.

Government should not regulate just simply because it feels like, or because other countries are doing it.
I pray one day people with administrative ability, with knowledge of law and understanding of the inner workings of government across the world people like me will have the opportunity to hold elected office. So our people will actually know the true meaning of government.

The people are not supposed to fear government or their agencies like police or army, they are not supposed to run when they see them they should be happy to see them, the people and businesses shouldn't fear CBN they should be happy knowing that CBN is there to save them from being taken advantage of by private banks.

Nice.

Unfortunately, the Nigerian grassroots, the voter-apathy crowd, the vote sellers and other tired Nigerians seem not to realise all you've wrote above and their part in securing highly creative, all-inclusive and pro-people governance systems and teams in Nigeria. They keep getting played and losing to money bags and their Stockholm'd "will" do stuff counterparts who seem to be in love with being subjugated and screwed economically, socially like BDSM subs.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by 27Pushing30: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
seunlayi:
sai Baba reminant spotted.
You should be wiser by now and stop bn sentimental. This write up is impressive, even PMB and VP will say a big thank you to the writer

Go school you won't go ...now look at you!!!!!!!!
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by msrcusgarvey6(m): 7:29am On Nov 27, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
CBN is yet to learn that over regulation is a bad thing.

Instead of looking at ways to bank the unbaked population in Nigeria especially those in rural areas CBN is trying to keep people it terms "violators" out of the banking system all together. This is like when a referee leaves the players and starts issuing cards to the spectators or camera men.

You should keep those people in the system so you can continue to monitor them if that's so important to you rather than kicking them out altogether moreover I think CBN should leave bank customers and face banks. I don't see how those very few "bvn violators" crypto currency transactions is doing any harm to the entire economy of Nigeria that'll warrant CBN to spend all this time and money looking into it.

We as a nation have nothing good at all to invite foreign and even local investors or to keep local investors.

And yet we are placing policies and regulations with deadlines and measures as if we are the most attractive business or banking destination in the world.

Small, poor, third world countries who have nothing to offer LIKE NIGERIA
Usually offer loose laws, lapse systems to attract investors I'll give examples

Panama and Liberia : these 2 countries are responsible for almost 30 - 40% of ALL Ship registrations in the world why? How?

Registering ships anywhere else is costly and difficult and has too many red tapes and bureaucracy so these countries said how do we make money from it? They made ship ownership and registration so easy in their countries that everyone from all over the world prefers to register their ships in Panama and Liberia.

In banking the same thing certain countries allow loose regulations thereby becoming Tax havens and making money from it.

In citizenship: countries like Guyana, st Kitts and Nevis, the Bahamas, even Portugal has joined them now, they will give you citizenship if you pay them a lump sum of money over $160,000 or "donate" that amount to their country or invest in their country investments worth over $500,000 or thereabout depending on the country.

Asylum: even supposedly first world countries like France will grant you asylum if you agree to forfeit half of your loot to the french government, that's why it seems many African leaders run to France for asylum especially those from french speaking countries, the most expensive car ever auctioned was auctioned before 2017 or so was by the french government (now I think it is the second most expensive car ever auctioned) it was a car belonging to the Vice president of Equatorial Guinea one Nguema the son of the president Theodore Obiang Nguema's. He agreed to forfeit the custom made high end luxury car to the french government along with a castle in France and 2 Lamborghini's I think and the case against him was dropped sharperly as my PH people will say.

What am I driving at? We Nigerians have refused to have sense because we think we have oil, don't worry the oil will dry or the world will move away from oil, whichever happens first. Then maybe government will start having sense.
Government's Number 1 job is to take care of WE THE PEOPLE, its citizens. It's number 1 job is not to regulate us. To government making money to take care of its people should be priority.
Regulation will come when we done chop, when people are taking advantage of the system to the detriment of Nigerians, then government can step in to protect Nigerians.

Government should not regulate just simply because it feels like, or because other countries are doing it.
I pray one day people with administrative ability, with knowledge of law and understanding of the inner workings of government across the world people like me will have the opportunity to hold elected office. So our people will actually know the true meaning of government.

The people are not supposed to fear government or their agencies like police or army, they are not supposed to run when they see them they should be happy to see them, the people and businesses shouldn't fear CBN they should be happy knowing that CBN is there to save them from being taken advantage of by private banks.
But we have done that in the most critical areas in our lives; free movement of religious people from the Sahara which you can see them carting off territories out of Nigeria for the guests, foreigners collect tax from some commuities in some states, drugs and arms in billions flow through our ports daily. Banned rice and okrika are more available than anytime ever because new clothes are not made here and we know we are not food prodiucers. Our democracy allows parents not to send children to school, Our country has loosened up boarders for youth who wish to work In Libya, Italy,Spain and remit dollars home. When we put people like you in power, we shall obey traffic lights, not litter the streets and do some family planing to make our population growth controllable. Come back and start something around your community and lets see how you will fare. Thanks for your forward thoughs.
Re: CBN Bars BVN Violators From Opening Bank Accounts by InvestmentMood: 5:03am On Mar 30, 2022
Feelings79:
Na lie....you guys can come online and be spewing all manner of thrash
O ye doubting Thomas
Believe it or not

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Is How To Withdraw Money From Ur Banned/Limited Paypal Acct 2 Ur Naija Bank / 285 Dangote Drivers Wanted Over Stolen Tyres / Exploitative Outrageous Duty Charges By Nigerian Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.