Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) (75441 Views)

Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica / Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Giveter(m): 1:36am On Nov 27, 2021
These oyinbo people get strong mind sha... mbah, ah no go enter that plane with them to land on ice cheesy

....and that was a very smooth landing mehn
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by DukeofOyo: 2:02am On Nov 27, 2021
As per na u dem draw for dollar bill. Unfortunately for you, they are not out there to amaze you
tillaman:
Make una go Uranus if una wan amaze me
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by AvalonSpace(m): 2:05am On Nov 27, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:
Once I saw the title, I suspected Explorers, and I wasn't disappointed
Exactly! Same with me.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by tillaman(m): 2:08am On Nov 27, 2021
DukeofOyo:
As per na u dem draw for dollar bill. Unfortunately for you, they are not out there to amaze you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by tillaman(m): 2:09am On Nov 27, 2021
Toluwanise247:

If you are not amaze with this nothing can amaze you again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by tillaman(m): 2:10am On Nov 27, 2021
redcliff:

wetin your country don achieve on world scale. you dey talk of amazement...smh
the only country to Re-elect a demented man for another 4 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by kennyjam: 2:26am On Nov 27, 2021
Still battling with ancient things here
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by dingbang(m): 3:03am On Nov 27, 2021
Oblongata:
Nice feat! But how will the plane gather enough speed for lifting on a icy runway? Beats me shocked
if the plane land successfully, it can also take off too.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Adeoye11(m): 3:26am On Nov 27, 2021
SporaD8:

Private Jets, Mission ships but never before a mighty Airbus.
Happenings in Antarctica is heavily shrouded in secrecy and conspiracy.

Sir, this isn't Nigeria Nollywood ,there are thousands of space camera, out there sir.
O mine ! sorry am a physicist so it is a norm for me to know.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Adeoye11(m): 3:28am On Nov 27, 2021
dingbang:

This though still got me worried, why? Because landing run time and distance in the runaway isn't same as taking off time and distance.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Tarabye: 4:26am On Nov 27, 2021
5 hours to land in Antarctica from SA shocked
This isn't far the way I assumed
Soonest I'll explore this part of the world
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Sojicool(m): 5:24am On Nov 27, 2021
Imagin South Africa
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Billygee2u: 5:49am On Nov 27, 2021
Solidkay:
It is only expected of developed nations to keep breaking new grounds and making histories positively as it is expected of backward nations who has their highly illiterate ancient of days as their leaders to break new debt records.
Thank you Explorer...
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Ogbanga0913: 6:09am On Nov 27, 2021
With this Nigeria government must be looking for a way to borrow some money from Antarctica...
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by BigDawsNet: 6:19am On Nov 27, 2021
Lamasta:

Where

Antarctica Obviously
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 27, 2021
While in other climes, people are celebrating boreholes, road side car wash, funny bridges and the painting of roads with tars as achievements.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Burger01(m): 6:28am On Nov 27, 2021
Brushless:
You are right! That is the thinking of an average Nigerian. We love life more than anything.
Nope, it's my thinking. It's not about life or anything, I'm just not ready to hop on a plane that would land on ice. smiley
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Bimpe29: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2021
Sensational history.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by dayveed1(m): 6:34am On Nov 27, 2021
Adeoye11:

This though still got me worried, why? Because landing run time and distance in the runaway isn't same as taking off time and distance.
you're the only intelligent person here. Runways have to be kept snow free to ensure safe take off and landing conditions. Antarctica has 20 airports.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by HIbreed(m): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin

Praying for what is already being achieved in developed nations.
hahaha, this is actually deep!

1 Like

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by MufasaLion: 6:49am On Nov 27, 2021
HIbreed:
hahaha, this is actually deep!

Right.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:17am On Nov 27, 2021
dayveed1:
you're the only intelligent person here. Runways have to be kept snow free to ensure safe take off and landing conditions. Antarctica has 20 airports.

Antarctica is vast, the plane can cover as many distance as possible to get the needed takeoff knots compared to our airports in cities where runways are limited.

1 Like

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by dingbang(m): 7:46am On Nov 27, 2021
Adeoye11:

lol dont get worried bro. Even these experts know this more than you, if the surface wasnt able to get rotational speed to take off, they wont even have landed in the first place. They know these things, na you just dey worry yourself over nothing.

Its like thinking, who created God cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by prizeless(m): 7:58am On Nov 27, 2021
Explorers:
The plane is seen coming into land as tents stand at a camp in the South Pole.

The blue glacial ice is almost a mile thick and can withstand a fully-laden A340 with no problems.

This is so lovely, tears came to my eyes. What an achievement, kudos to the flight crew
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by prizeless(m): 8:01am On Nov 27, 2021
DukeofOyo:

Really, people are doing stuff, this person feels they're out to amaze him,they ain't got such time.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by prizeless(m): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2021
tillaman:
the only country to Re-elect a demented man for another 4 years

The deed was done in the first already
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by prizeless(m): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2021
kennyjam:
Still battling with ancient things here

The first cow to cross river Ekiti
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by prizeless(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2021
dingbang:

The performance of the aircraft is top notch,if all the conditions for take-off are in place, it has no problems taking off
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by prizeless(m): 8:05am On Nov 27, 2021
Sojicool:
Imagin South Africa

Them no dey una level ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies / The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line / Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.