Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria (312 Views)

President Tinubu Appoints Head Of Civil Service ,perm Secs For FCT / There Are Over 100 Salary Structures In Federal Civil Service’ / APC Anambra In Shamble. ...court Sacks Barr Emeka Ibe, Arch Okelo, Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria by Mensa11: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
For someone that has been to any secretariat or ministry whether the state or the federal level without bribing their way through the process or using the influence of one oga at the top should be able to relate to this topic.
The more i go to any ministry in this country both the state and federal level, the more desperate i get to leave this country at all cost. I’ve got to realize doing anything without bribing the official or using some power at the top will make you get frustrated for the level of laziness and unprofessional attitude shown by the so called civil servant.
A few days ago i was in UCH to process a letter there , i was directed to their HR department for the service. On getting there, they barely even reply my greetings and immediately i told them what i came there to do, is like they were waiting for me to talk, it was so confusing and depressing at the sametime looking at people poorly doing their job or just that they are doing this work as if they’re forced to be in the office. They delayed me for 2 hours for a letter that shouldn’t even take them 10 minutes to draft. I’d to wait and keep looking at this people gisting without a particular task to do on a Monday morning.
This is just a one in a million example of how every department in every ministry in this nation has become rotten and useless running by those who don’t even care about the job or feel there’s no one you can report them to as far as you’re not using one oga at the top infleunce.
we can keep changing Governors, president infact every one year in this country the fact is there will be no visible change or desired development in the state of the nation if this same non challant attitude and lazy civil servants are still the one controlling diffrent dept in the ministries.
I could recall when someone close to me applied for his transcript in a federal university in Nigeria when the opportunity to study abroad came, not only was there a delay in the process but they also end up sending it to the wrong address and he end up loosing the chance .
Of cos we need not to mention how getting a Passport in various immigration offices in Nigeria has become heaven gate struggle and the most touching part of all our daily struggle is that it has become a norms in our daily routine.
We don’t even know when we dip our hands inside our pocket to pay bribe in this nation and of cos to avoid delay you start dailing number of people you know in various ministries just to help fast track their service which if it were to be a saner clime, it’s their responsibility to do these things and make sure you are well satisfied.
I can go on and on listing my ugly experiences and others that i heard of but of course at the end of the day you hear them tell you this is Nigeria it’s either you do or you don’t.
We’ve been so used to the bad ways that we don’t even care about how nice things would have been if things were to be done in a professional and right way.
Ironically this particular woman that delayed me had no earring piercing and neither was she putting on earring, typical SU and you need to see how loud the tope alabi song was being played in her office. Then i was thinking of what use is the praise and worship you were singing on sunday to God at the top of your voice when you’re failing at your job and responsibilities on monday morning .
We all in one way or the other contribute to the problem of this nation. I just hope we all can accept this fact and face our challenges head on ! Till then, make i google the shortest distance to the nearest American embassy .

Cc lalasticala

2 Likes

Re: The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria by tutudesz: 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mensa11:
For someone that has been to any secretariat of ministry whether the state or the federal level without bribing their way through the process or using the influence of one oga at the top should be able to relate to this topic.
The more i go to any ministry in this country both the state and federal level, the more desperate i get to leave this country at all cost. I’ve got to realize doing anything without bribing the official or using some power at the top will make you get frustrated for the level of laziness and unprofessional attitude shown by the so called civil servant.
A few days ago i was in UCH to process a letter there , i was directed to their HR department for the service. On getting there, they barely even reply my greetings and immediately i told them what i came there to do, is like they were waiting for me to talk, it was so confusing and depressing at the sametime looking at people poorly doing their job or just that they are doing this work as if they’re forced to be in the office. They delayed me for 2 hours for something a lettet that shouldn’t even take them 10 minutes to draft. I’d to wait and keep looking at this people gisting without a particular task to do on a Monday morning.
This is just a one in a million example of how every department in every ministry in this nation has become rotten and useless running by those who don’t even care about the job or feel there’s no one you can report them to as far as you’re not using one oga at the top infleunce.
we can keep changing Governors, president infact every one year in this country the fact is there will be no visible change or desired development in the state of the nation if this same non challant attitude and lazy civil servants are still the one controlling diffrent dept in the ministries.
I could recall when someone close to me applied for his transcript in a federal university in Nigeria when the opportunity to study abroad came, not only was there a delay in the process but they also end up sending it to the wrong address and he end up loosing the chance .
Of cos we need not to mention how getting a Passport in various immigration offices in Nigeria has become heaven gate struggle and the most touching part of all our daily struggle is that it has become a norms in our daily routine.
We don’t even know when we dip our hands inside our pocket to pay bribe in this nation and of cos to avoid delay you start dailing number of people you know in various ministries just to help fast track their service which if it were to be a saner clime, it’s their responsibility to do these things and make sure you are well satisfied.
I can go on and on listing my ugly experiences and others that i heard of but of course at the end of the day you hear them tell you this is Nigeria it’s either you do or you don’t.
We’ve been so used to the bad ways that we don’t even care about how nice things would have been if things were to be done in a professional and right way.
Ironically this particular woman delay me had no earring piercing and neither was she putting on earring, typical SU and you need to see how loud the tope alabi song was being played in her office. Then i was thinking of what use is the praise and worship you were singing on sunday to God at the top of your voice when you’re failing at your job and responsibilities.
We all in one way or the other contribute to the problem of this nation.
Corruption is only possible with the help of civil servant undecided because they are the ones in charge of monitoring contracts, paying salaries, budget planning, etc. Deal with them and corruption will end
Re: The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria by KingEverest: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Sadly this is Nigeria we have all come to witness, this is the reality now, you can't find good people in public offices it's impossible cry
Re: The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria by DOTian: 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
People don't realize it but the biggest problem facing governance in Nigeria is the civil service. Badly recruited, badly trained, badly remunerated, eternally corrupt! Nigerias civil service is actually nonexistent. You need to experience the civil service at work elsewhere to understand the rot..No matter how good the intentions of a politician, if you have to deliver through mess of a civil service like Nigerias, you're bound to fail. Matters are not helped when politicians intentionally flood the service with party urchins and ethnic henchemen..
Re: The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria by onez: 4:45am On Nov 26, 2021
True talk. You will wonder if the professional service you get from banks are done by aliens. But yes they are still Nigerians. So it' s an attitude thing. I will support a politician that will clean this mess called Nigerian civil service.
Re: The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria by dettolgel: 4:56am On Nov 26, 2021
DOTian:
People don't realize it but the biggest problem facing governance in Nigeria is the civil service. Badly recruited, badly trained, badly remunerated, eternally corrupt! Nigerias civil service is actually nonexistent. You need to experience the civil service at work elsewhere to understand the rot..No matter how good the intentions of a politician, if you have to deliver through mess of a civil service like Nigerias, you're bound to fail. Matters are not helped when politicians intentionally flood the service with party urchins and ethnic henchemen..

The politicians are responsible for the civil service those are their direct employees. It is a mirror of whom they are.

They use the civil service to perpetrate corruption trying to clean up the civil service is like them exposing themselves.

They need the civil service to be useless so that them can steal the country dry without hindrance.
Re: The Shamble Called Civil Service In Nigeria by Mensa11: 6:50am On Nov 26, 2021
DOTian:
It’s tiring and depressing at the sametime.
Nothing seems to be working in every corner of this country. Why are we like this. We can go ahead to blame and keep changing whoever is the president or governor, it won’t still make any changes as far as this gullible and corrupt golks are still the one running every ministry in this nation

(1) (Reply)

Bichi And His Terrorist Group Is Is Behind The Killing Innocent Police Officer / Nigeria Loses Foreign Direct Investment To Botswana, Mauritius / Omicron Variant: Travel Ban Is Indication We Must Fix Nigeria - Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.