Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan (36876 Views)

Uganda To Surrender Entebbe International Airport Over Chinese Cash! / Museveni To Surrender Uganda’s Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan. / Britain Risks China’s Wrath By Sailing Biggest Warship Into South China Sea(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by roybushh(m): 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
Congratulations China!
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by RedPilChurchBoy: 12:01am On Nov 27, 2021
TundeWX:
" the Ugandan government waived international immunity in the agreement it signed to secure the loans, exposing Entebbe International Airport to take over without international protection."
Can you imagine undecided
Who does that??!!!

Yea.

Sometime ago it was rumoured that our senators signed agreement with China with the documents written totally in Chinese language.

They may have surrendered a lot of our assets to China without we knowing.

China is the new colonial master of Afrika

1 Like

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Benrosaria(m): 12:24am On Nov 27, 2021
TundeWX:
" the Ugandan government waived international immunity in the agreement it signed to secure the loans, exposing Entebbe International Airport to take over without international protection."
Who does that??!!!

Homie blacks are experiment. I hate to know that my kind is an experiment. How terrifying

1 Like

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Benrosaria(m): 12:27am On Nov 27, 2021
Emergingnation:

https://punchng.com/uganda-loses-only-international-airport-over-chinese-loan/

I don’t get, why blacks hate blacks and yet they scream Black Lives Matter. It don’t matter at all, you borrow money to get money when you can borrow money to buy printing machine to print the money you neeed to find money
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Burgerlomo: 1:41am On Nov 27, 2021
Hakeem3:
Nigeria is next, at least we will become chinse citizens annex

Sorry ooo Mr Black Chinko

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Powersurge: 1:55am On Nov 27, 2021
TundeWX:
Who does that??!!!

Don't you know that China has the right to take over the operation and management of the rail in Nigeria for 99 years should the country default? Na Uganda own dey make u shout, wait until Naija own start. Africa is mentally lazy and servile.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 27, 2021
CUMIN:

Im NOt decieved... Anybody can take money abroad to import and put margin as profit.

Malawian are doing it in Malawi.
Egyptian are doing it in Egypt.

We don't need ibos who are majorly importer to depreciate our reserves with importation.

The hausas bring fresh farm produce and add value to an economic organically.

Dude you really don't know anything so the guys at Nnewi and Aba that produce are importing to deplete reserves abi? you see why i said you don't know anything have you asked yourself why they are importing in the first place? if your country makes it conducive for local production don't you think this igbo guys would have brought them here to establish industries? how do you think innoson was able to start with getting them to bring in motorcycle parts and assembling them in Nigeria then he progressed to motor cars. My brother stop hatred of igbos because it is not making you reason wisely.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 27, 2021
CUMIN:

Im NOt decieved... Anybody can take money abroad to import and put margin as profit.

Malawian are doing it in Malawi.
Egyptian are doing it in Egypt.

We don't need ibos who are majorly importer to depreciate our reserves with importation.

The hausas bring fresh farm produce and add value to an economic organically.

Again anybody just doesn't import and sell for profit without understanding the market if it was so then why are Yorubas not heavily into it?
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Citnix: 4:54am On Nov 27, 2021
Wow, big change is coming to Africa. At least Chinese are better than any leader in Africa including Uganda.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by DroppingLiquid: 4:59am On Nov 27, 2021
Dosvedanie:

Both of you are having a broad argument which can be quite educating.
August Comte (1798-1857), a french philosopher is crowned as the father of sociology. But before his Grandfather existed on earth, Ibn Khaldun (1332-1406), an African had done several works on sociology, but his works were in Arab language and some sophists argued that his works were not acknowledged earlier cos it was in Arab language. However, Mohammed Al-Khwarizmi, the founder of Algorithm born around 780AD used Arabic for his innovation and it was accepted generally. Do you really believe that Mongo Park was the founder of river Niger?

I didn't say anything about who founded what. I deliberately left that out of my question because I know you cannot discover a place that already exist and that people already lived in. But the invention things, I still want to know, the plane, etc.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by CUMIN: 5:02am On Nov 27, 2021
obynzo:

Again anybody just doesn't import and sell for profit without understanding the market if it was so then why are Yorubas not heavily into it?

Yoruba were the earliest importer of parts in Nigeria. Go figure out.

They left it for better industry.

It was Ibo importation that killed manufacturing like tyre production.

I don't hate ibos. I just don't like distorting fact
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by davibid: 5:10am On Nov 27, 2021
TundeWX:
Who does that??!!!

African leaders are cursed

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Citnix: 5:14am On Nov 27, 2021
Buhari please borrow more and make sure you use NNPC as a collateral.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by zedegit: 5:18am On Nov 27, 2021
YoungRay007:
So bad for them, that their president no get sense at all.

Your own President get brain?

Will you keep kwayet.

Bubu using Amaechi as front aided by the rubber stamp Senate has sold Nigeria already. Uganda should be the least of your problems.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Citnix: 5:24am On Nov 27, 2021
zedegit:

Your own President get brain?

Will you keep kwayet.

Bubu using Amaechi as front aided by the rubber stamp Senate has sold Nigeria already. Uganda should be the least of your problems.

What is you disadvantage if Nigeria is sold?
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Karnice600: 6:10am On Nov 27, 2021
toujurs:
african men have brain, its just unfortunate that we are governed by illiterates
We are governed by "who get mouth"' just like most of them would say. Criticize a popular figure for low standards, you get bashed by majority of the youths because "you no get mouth", in their words. No values left. Only monetary value.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2021
CUMIN:

Yoruba were the earliest importer of parts in Nigeria. Go figure out.

They left it for better industry.

It was Ibo importation that killed manufacturing like tyre production.

I don't hate ibos. I just don't like distorting fact

Dude don't be childish here show me the better industry that yorubas are in? and i would show you that igbos are there too and tell me what were the yoruba importing before. Dude stop being childish and pedestrian in your arguement.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Deasegun19(m): 7:17am On Nov 27, 2021
this is all too sad. in few years, we shall all feel the impact. could it be great or worse? hmmm. Africa is cursed.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Bigpapi: 9:32am On Nov 27, 2021
Emergingnation:

https://punchng.com/uganda-loses-only-international-airport-over-chinese-loan/

Abeg China come carry Nigeria ,what the lifeless zombie borrowed can never be paid we are gone
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Bigpapi: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2021
YoungRay007:

Will you kip quiet mumu ur lifeless president get sense?

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by grandeoj09(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2021
What do you expect from aged and unproductive leadership , they just want to be in charge .
YoungRay007:
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by themanderon: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2021
It will soon be over for all of Africa. Africa will be recolonized again and this time it will be more brutal. I wonder how this moribund country called Nigeria will be able to repay all these money our mindless leaders have borrowed. They may as well have borrowed this nation into slavery as the dwindling crude oil sales and the falling prices will not help their cause. They have mindlessly followed the malevolent advice of these international agencies like the IMF and the world bank to our collective peril. That is the hallmark of these brainless jihadists who always plunge the entire nation into a mess and then seek the help of southerners to restore sanity just like when Obasanjo spearheaded the cancelling of our debts.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by lebuhsi(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2021
Powersurge:

Don't you know that China has the right to take over the operation and management of the rail in Nigeria for 99 years should the country default? Na Uganda owns dey make u shout, wait until Naija own start. Africa is mentally lazy and servile.

why would you even default on the loan, to begin with? no country gives credit without assurances it would recover it back the Chinese are making extra sure.

The Chinese give credit with no strings attached just utilize it for the intended purposes and everybody is happy.

No "neo-colonialism" fuss, Nigeria owes China about $5bn(about 5% of our
total loan stock) and don't let me started on Eurobonds and the recent $3bn in one swoop with the IMF.

Europe and the West own a much significant portion of Nigeria's total debt stock forget western propaganda you diversify your debt stock you wane the influence of the west on your economy and policies, how's that not a good thing?
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by lebuhsi(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2021
Africa needs those $$ to build infrastructure, although we have the resources, they are worthless without those $$.

China is giving the $$ they earned at low single digit interest rate to Africa to diversify your choice, now let's continue to be slaves to the west according to you guys.

It's not China's fault our elite and political class are corrupt, you collected loans for next to nothing you failed to use it for the intended purposes, now pay up
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by HolyTrader: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2021
EmekaBlue:
哈哈哈. 非洲有问题

非洲确实有问题,大的问题 (Africa indeed has problem, big problem)。

1 Like

Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by egoldman(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2021
princdebola201:
lagos is not from an unproductive red mud land in south east region.
South west can afford to pay off debts accrued to her. Only south east that is draging igr with boko haram infested north east should be worried.
Besides the infrastructural FG took loans for are servicing the debts through revenues made from it.

I hope you know the percentage of our revenues abi na budget that goes towards servicing these debts.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Poleski: 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
TundeWX:
Who does that??!!!

Useless and corrupt Buhari officials wanted to do it, but Nigerians protested.
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Poleski: 12:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
China is actively taking over African countries, including Nigeria, with bad loans! It had already taken over Zambia. The second language there is Chinese, and will soon be the first.

All the bill boards in the country are in chinese language, and the chinese have taken over some government departments. It is really bad there!

And the worst part is that the citizens don't give a Bleep about all this! A country full of morons!
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by Powersurge: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
lebuhsi:

why would you even default on the loan to behind with? no country gives credit without assurances it would recover it back the Chinese are making extra sure.

The Chinese give credit with no strings attached just utilise it for the intended purposes and everybody is happy.

No "neo-colonialism" fuss, Nigeria owes China about $5bn(about 5% of our
total loan stock) and don't het me started on Eurobonds and the recent $3bn in one swoop with the IMF.

Europe and the West owns a much significant portion of Nigeria's total debt stock forget western propaganda, if your diversify your debt stock you wane the influence of the west on your economy and policies, how's that not a good thing?
That's a good thing. I don't have time to really write about China and Africa. Perhaps someday there will be time. Did you know that China built AU house in Ethiopia and install spying apparatus?
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by comodo: 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Namnam:

ALSO THE ONLY ARTICLES MENTIONING THIS BS ARE STATING THE GOVERNMENT IS RISKING LOSING IT TO PAY OFF LOANS NOT GIVING IT UP

Allafrica.com will help u more. I don't thinks its fake news bro
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by JuanDeDios: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
EmekaBlue:
你是尼日利亚人吗?
是的。你是中国人?
Re: Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan by EmekaBlue(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
JuanDeDios:

是的。你是中国人?
我是黑人.
有微信吗?加我 Collins-Chelsea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant / Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan Shot In Leg ‘in Assassination Attempt’ / A Town In US Elects Goat And Dog As Mayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.