Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. (2978 Views)

Companies’ Rejection Of Corps Members Against Spirit Of NYSC – Dalong / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. / 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by EkoIle1: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
Kidnappers of corps members demand N100m ransom

NAN

June 9, 2011 03:46PM
Print print Email email Share Share

Kidnappers of five members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) serving in Rivers State are demanding a ransom of N100 million from family members, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The corps members, a female and four males, were kidnapped on Wednesday at Odomanya Community in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state, while they were on their way to inspect a school library project they constructed as their Community Development Service (CDS) of the NYSC.

Ben Esan, the public relations officer of the NYSC, told NAN on Thursday in Port Harcourt that the abductors have already contacted parents of the victims and are demanding a ransom of N100 million.

Mr Esan also said the kidnappers equally spoke with the NYSC liaison officer in Ikwerre making a similar demand.

It will be recalled that a similar incident occurred in Omuma Local Government Area of the state during the INEC voters’ registration that took place in January.

He said that the names of the abducted corps member’s are yet to be made public, but that they are members of 2011 batch ‘A’ and ‘B’.

The search is on

Mr Esan, who described the act as evil, said that the NYSC investigation team has been sent to the area to ascertain the circumstance surrounding the incident.

He, however, called on the state government, security agencies and members of the community to quickly intervene in order to free the victims and arrest the perpetrators.

Meanwhile, a combined team of security agencies made up of the police and the army on Thursday started searching for the abducted corps members.

The Rivers Commissioner of Police, Suleiman Abba, told NAN in Port Harcourt that the police, the State Security Service (SSS) and the army have started searching for the missing corps members.

“We (the security team) worked all through last night and we will continue the search until we rescue them.

All hands are on deck and all efforts are on to rescue the corps members and arrest the culprits,” he said.

Mr Abba urged the people to give the police useful information that would lead to the rescue of the corps members and arrest of the criminals.

“All our personnel are out on the field searching for the corps members and nothing must happen to them,” he said.

NAN
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5712669-146/kidnappers_of_corps_members_demand_n100m.csp
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by EkoIle1: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
Obviously, we can not protect these corpers so why not just scrap the program for now?
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by ektbear: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
kidnapping corpers? wow
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Odunnu: 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
This is getting really annoying? Do they know what a N100m is?thats outrageous and why are they making ransome demands on the parents,thought the govt. would have been a bit rational.
What message are they passing across.
All this rubbish must stop
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by nedu666: 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
100 million from corpers, these people are bigger in stupidity, extremely small in wisdom.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by hercules07: 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2011
Corpers serving in the SS and SE should now know that they are going to be targets, if the government can crack down on these kidnappers, they can nip it in the bud, if not, omo this is going to be a new branch of the kidnapping industry.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by aljharem3: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
who would pay such money grin grin grin jokers

they better start thinking of an alternative way of making money or better still reduce the money to 1 million each

u think[b] mama sunday[/b] go pay 100 million,.,., funny people
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2011
Obviously the North and SS/SEastern Nigeria is not the best region for NYSC right now.

North - Human suya

SS/SEast - Human ransom
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Odunnu: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
Haba gurlie, thats no wise saying.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
Is there a reason why I'm being stalked by you?
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
What is wrong with this country sef north -killing of corpers se/ss-kidnaping of corpers and sw-raping of corpers, my children will never go through this stupid nysc
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by aljharem(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Obviously the North and SS/SEastern Nigeria is not the best region for NYSC right now.

North - Human suya

SS/SEast - Human ransom

u forgot the oba raping corper in SW or am i wrong
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by AndreUweh(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
Odunnu:

Haba gurlie, thats no wise saying.
All your posts in nairaland shows that you are well raised up by your parents. Those girls who are poorly raised should learn from you, [i]Nwada Di nma.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
None of my immediate family will ever serve in iboland,Niger delta or the whole of the north because these areas harbour dangerous people.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
alj harem:

u forgot the oba despoiling corper in SW or am i wrong

One Oba despoils one. . . .not justifying anything.
That has happened in other regions.
But kidnapping/killing is specified to those two regions.

SW'ners have suffered. They need to amend or modify the rules embodying NYSC before I go in for mines. Lagos is it for me sha. The North/East is not for me at all.  

I might make an exception for Calabar sha. Beautiful city beautiful people
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Odunnu: 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Is there a reason why I'm being stalked by you?

i'll take this as a joke. You met me on this thread.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by AndreUweh(m): 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

SW'ners have suffered. They need to amend or modify the rules embodying NYSC before I go in for mines. Lagos is it for me sha. The North/East is not for me at all.  

Mind you, Calabar is in the South south where the recent kidnapping took place. Forget NYSC, no where is safe for you considering  the hatred you preach in the web.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
Next time kidnap those corrupt politicians children.
Sure ain't getting 100 million.

Ileke-IdI:

North - Human suya

SS/SEast - Human ransom

Are you implying SW is the safest?
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
these kidnappers were once corpers.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Muza(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
when i studied that the corpers kidnapped are nobody's children and they were serving in rural areas,i just concluded that these corpers organised their own kidnap. Its not hard to see that Batch has come to an end and they need to raise some capital for business cos jobs as we all know are not forthcoming. But what gave them was the ridiculous sum they placed on their heads,no Nigerian govt will pay even a small fraction of that to free common man's children
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by gidson12(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

North - Human suya

SS/SEast - Human ransom
and this is what female corpers suffer in the west, from the western monarchs,
www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-politics/40134-osun-monarch-rapes-youth-corp-member.html
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by maga1: 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
100m divide by 5 = 20m. I think d ransome shld be paid directly to d parents of d corpers. SMH Naija forward ever, backward forever
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by pokur: 1:00am On Jun 10, 2011
What do you expect when uncle Jona was doling out #10 mil. for dead corps members rather than fish out their killers;that presupposes that the F.G will pay any amount for live ones.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 10, 2011
donspony:

Next time kidnap those corrupt politicians children.
Sure ain't getting 100 million.

Are you implying SW is the safest?

Not the safest, but in relative to the North and the East, SW is the safest.

gidson12:

and this is what female corpers suffer in the west, from the western monarchs,
www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-politics/40134-osun-monarch-despoils-youth-corp-member.html

clap for yourself

Ileke-IdI:

Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by dayokanu(m): 6:52am On Jun 10, 2011
We should call for Corpers to be withdrawn from the SS
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by 190: 6:56am On Jun 10, 2011
Good lord save our children
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Psalmuell: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2011
oviously we now believe old men are d leaders of tomorrow in dis part of d world.i believe dis nysc rubbish should have being scrapped long time ago.the old ones in govt are killing d educated youths gradually with dis archaic programme.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by texazzpete(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Mind you, Calabar is in the South south where the recent kidnapping took place. Forget NYSC, no where is safe for you considering  the hatred you preach in the web.

This is what she said.

Ileke-IdI:

So Mr 'Andre Uweh', is it that at your age you do not know the meaning of the word 'exception'?
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by texazzpete(m): 7:10am On Jun 10, 2011
After the killings of the Corps members in the North during the last elections, what the Government ought to have done was to go on a massive sensitization campaign to re-establish the respect for corps members in the hearts and minds of the general populace.

Instead this Government set up a 'probe panel'.

Hopefully one day we'll have a Government that focuses on pro-active measures instead of the usual reactive bullcrap.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by Vigilante: 7:25am On Jun 10, 2011
Well I see that all the post election northern 'ABOKI' bashers have nothing to say on this since it happened in their backyard. This thread would have reached 80 pages had the kidnapping occured in the north. Hypocrits all.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by kidgenious(m): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2011
WTH is dis country turning into.last tym dey were killin,nao its kidnapping n ransom!we definitely dnt av a govt.or rather dey ve gon insane.we rili nid a major reorientation cos d future is doomed if dis gets out of hand.
Re: Kidnappers Of Corps Members Demand N100m Ransom. by swiftycool(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2011
Omg! I hope Gej doesnt wait till they are killed so that he can get away with the cheaper N5million compensation option, since we have been made to understand that is what our precious corpers lives are worth. But its not fair o, these kidnappers should know the prevailing market value na!
Pls SCRAP THIS USELESS STUFF AND SAVE PARENTS THESE HEARTACHES ALREADY!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will The Uniabuja New Graduates Be Mobilized For Nysc Batch B Service? / 2012/2013 Industrial Training Payment By Siwes / NYSC Direct Posting/redeployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.