Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga (33500 Views)

The Hot Girl From Rema's Music Video “dumebi"? Look How Curvy She Is Now. / Remember Diana Eneje From Rema's Music Video ‘dumebi'? See How Far She Has Come / Tekno Pictured With Danfo Drivers After JOGODO Theft Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Jidemoo: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Smh
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by DeejayTeeno(m): 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
We dhey watch both Neptune and Rema for back stage here.. if them done serious make we settle the matter for court. grin grin
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by AK481(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
Rema was childish.

Will suffer if dj Neptune do not play his jive ever again.

When dj plays some artist song in such a way that the average song becomes popular,does his ask for money from them.

In this game ,it is scratch my back, I scratch your back .
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by shaklisco(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
Good evening good people of nairaland, please am a bolt driver I need a car for rental for a short time period in order to raise cash to fix my car or if anybody can borrow me 250k to pay 300k, 25k weekly for three months.
This is my number zero, nine, zero, seven, six,three, two, nine, eight, two, eight. Thanks
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Megatrix: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:
Who is rema? All these over hyped chickens in the industry who don’t know their mates or how to talk.
You're a fool, so if someone older than you steals your property, you will just ignore him and allow him to go because he is older than you? You don't have any sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
jos4kay:
There was no intellectual theft, Na publicity stunt.

Something to attract the public curiosity to the song that was stolen, before you know the song don trend
okay o, mr know them all
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by jaxxy(m): 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
Megatrix:

You're a fool, so if someone older than you steals your property, you will just ignore him and allow him to go because he is older than you? You don't have any sense.

U need to learn how to talk in the industry. Everything isn’t clout chasing. The boy was tagged and informed. He is not the only one with rights to the material.

Tuface still plays plantation boys songs even when blackface said no. It’s not he fathers property. Anybody who has rights can use their materials. Producers can still release or use songs that don’t make the album.

Rema should shut up and talk with respect to his bosses.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by vibre: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

U need to learn how to talk in the industry. Everything isn’t clout chasing. The boy was tagged and informed. He is not the only one with rights to the material.

Tuface still plays plantation boys songs even when blackface said no. It’s not he fathers property. Anybody who has rights can use their materials. Producers can still release or use songs that don’t make the album.

Dj Neptune is not Rema's boss, Rema is way bigger than him in all ramifications and he has no right to use Rema's voice without his consent. A thief is a thief and in this case, DJ Neptune is a thief.

1 Like

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by EmmaLege: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2021
well lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Elidrisy20: 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Remi I know, but Rema I don't know
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by micxwell(m): 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2021
Synord:

5. Get an Intellectual Property/ Entertainment Lawyer on your side . You cant fight for Your Rights if you don’t even know these Rights . To avoid exploitation and After effect approach , Get a lawyer involved in all your contractual dealings and in all aspects of your creative career.

We do hope the dispute is resolved as soon as possible as we await the response from Dj Neptune ‘s Management likewise Andre Vibez , the music producer

Source : https://olaoluwaidowu.org/blog/2021/11/26/sankoloweko-rema-accuses-dj-neptune-of-intellectual-property-theft/

That should be the first, not the last.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Sambaby7640: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
pinkyruledworld:
There is a course on EDX. It's introduction to music business ( Berkley School of Music). I implore anyone in the music business to take that course. The course is an eye opener.

Thank me later
couldn't find it. .send link pls
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by SportsHD: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Blackface isn't the intellectual owner of the songs he was shouting about. Their label then, kennis music, owned the songs. Blackface was just the one that wrote some of the hit tracks. Doesn't mean that black face is the owner of the songs.

Now, dj Neptune would definitely pay him royalties. Because, if this matter goes on, Neptune might be sued for intellectual theft and he can never win the case.

You definitely don't know about the music business.

1 Like

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by jaxxy(m): 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
SportsHD:

Blackface isn't the intellectual owner of the songs he was shouting about. Their label then, kennis music, owned the songs. Blackface was just the one that wrote some of the hit tracks. Doesn't mean that black face is the owner of the songs.

Now, dj Neptune would definitely pay him royalties. Because, if this matter goes on, Neptune might be sued for intellectual theft and he can never win the case.

You definitely don't know about the music business.

What does rema know about intellectual property? He was tagged and pre informed. Why is he acting like a baby??

Rema shouldn’t bite the finger that feed him.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by micxwell(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
AK481:
Rema was childish.

Will suffer if dj Neptune do not play his jive ever again.

When dj plays some artist song in such a way that the average song becomes popular,does his ask for money from them.

In this game ,it is scratch my back, I scratch your back .
Really?? Nah. DJs and Radio Stations had a lot of impact on airplays back in the days. Nowadays, the impact has declined so much.
CKay's Love Wantin Tin is a testimony. So, the fact that only DJ Neptune decides to remove Rema's materials from all his playlists won't do jack to his airplay bro grin.

1 Like

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by SportsHD: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

What does rema know about intellectual property? He was tagged and pre informed. Why is he acting like a baby??

Wtf are you talking about? Because he was tagged, does this mean that Neptune did the basic things like signing a contract and paying him? I'm confused here since you seem you seem to be happy with how someone is stealing other person's intellectual property.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by SportsHD: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Rema is a fucking big artist. In Few years time, Neptune wouldn't be a match near rema.

1 Like

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by micxwell(m): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
Paxxcarl:
okay o, mr know them all
There's actually an Instagram post, a video that shows where Don Jazzy and DJ Big N were listening to that album. Well, maybe Neptune went on to add the song after.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by jaxxy(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
SportsHD:

Wtf are you talking about? Because he was tagged, does this mean that Neptune did the basic things like signing a contract and paying him? I'm confused here since you seem you seem to be happy with how someone is stealing other person's intellectual property.

U should know how these things work between close friends and partners in the biz. Inform him and press play. They do favors for each other. Rema needs Dj Neptune more than Neptune needs him. Fact!

Cuppy didn’t give zlatan a dime thinking we are pals like many others she has featured with bt they have settled it now.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by jaxxy(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
SportsHD:

Rema is a fucking big artist. In Few years time, Neptune wouldn't be a match near rema.

Huh?? U wish.

1 Like

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Synord(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
micxwell:
That should be the first, not the last.

It’s not in a specified order .

1 Like

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Felabrity: 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2021
jos4kay:
There was no intellectual theft, Na publicity stunt.

Something to attract the public curiosity to the song that was stolen, before you know the song don trend
100 percent bro, go check what's trending on Google right now
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by micxwell(m): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2021
Synord:

It’s not in a specified order .
Oh, alright.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
Sambaby7640:
couldn't find it. .send link pls
www edx org/course/berkleex-introduction-to-the-music-business?index=product&queryID=09e363a2b8ac602ac8113215b208e7d6&position=1

1 Like

Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by Charleslewizy(m): 12:19am On Nov 27, 2021
Publicity stunt
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by udemzyudex(m): 1:23am On Nov 27, 2021
All na cruise, intellectual property theft my foot, dem just like to dey blow unnecessary grammar for this industry wey be say all of them dey guilty in one way or the other, trust me none of them go waj set a precedent by taking the other to court because in one way other the other or in future dem go surely commit too.

No be for this naija music industry? Since we don dey hear about intellectual property theft, how many don even reach court?

Abeg make we hear word oo.
Re: Five Lessons Nigerian Creatives Should Learn From Rema’s IP Theft Saga by oyeb15: 5:52am On Nov 27, 2021
Artistes who are not talented but opportuned to be in the industry are always locked in controversies just to sell their kwack songs.

BUJU is making waves right now and many artistes are lining up to feature him.Thats talent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Psquare And Wizkid Spotted In Owerri (photo) / AY Makun And His Two Daughters Pictured Together / Emoney Makes A Fashion Statement In New Instagram Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.