Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? (333 Views)

The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / Which English Words Do You Find Difficult Spelling Or Pronouncing? / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? by Emperormartin(m): 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
Education is verse and we all learn in different ways. But some of the things we know now we learnt it in an unconventional ways and that’s the essence of this thread…

Which English word, phrase or sentence did you learn in a funny way?

Mine is “Nincompoop”

Our Principal in my high school days when pissed off by our doings will just say “all of you are Nincompoop”
Sometimes we clap for him and hail him for using those big words on us.
This particular word has sticked in my head ever since.

Share yours….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? by isaiah4life(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
Simpleton. From nairaland clout chasers grin

1 Like

Re: Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? by Emperormartin(m): 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
isaiah4life:
Simpleton. From nairaland clout chasers grin
Lol bro… I learnt simpleton and redpillers from nairaland.
Re: Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? by isaiah4life(m): 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
Lolz!! Nairalanders are the funniest beings I have ever seen.

Emperormartin:

Lol bro… I learnt simpleton and redpillers from nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? by illicit(m): 6:22am On Nov 27, 2021
Rigmarole

1 Like

Re: Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? by fawaz22(m): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2021
"Lout" mostly misused for tout by Nigerians
Learnt that from one savage reply on twitter.

1 Like

Re: Which English Word Did You Learn In A Funny Way? by 1F30M4(f): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
Emperormartin:
Education is verse and we all learn in different ways. But some of the things we know now we learnt it in an unconventional ways and that’s the essence of this thread…

Which English word, phrase or sentence did you learn in a funny way?

Mine is “Nincompoop”

Our Principal in my high school days when pissed off by our doings will just say “all of you are Nincompoop”
Sometimes we clap for him and hail him for using those big words on us.
This particular word has sticked in my head ever since.

Share yours….

Sorry I can't now remember any of such so I came here to laugh after reading the boldened grin grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hi / Practical Guide On How To Register For Jamb 2022 / Please Which University Abroad Can I Work And Study My MSC With A Budget Of 1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.