Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? (4061 Views)

Old Notes Below ₦‎500,000 Should Deposit In Customers' Banks - CBN, Kogi / I Don't Feel Comfortable About The Large Gas Deposit Discovered In Imo / Most Oil Producing Countries Are Lending And Investing Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
BKayy:

NO, the Aboki is wrong. Land mass has zero effect in Territorial waters and EEZ. Benin Republic has more sea claim than Nigeria and if I can remember very well, Benin Republic is not up to half of Nigeria in land mass.

Nigeria's territorial sea claim is: 12nm
While Benin Republic Sea claim is: 200nm

Even small Togo is: 30nm

Coming to EEZ, Ghana, Namibia, Angola and Equatorial Guinea for example in Africa have more EEZ than Nigeria despite having smaller land mass.

Lets take Equatorial Guinea for example,
Equatorial Guinea EEZ= 303,509 km2
Nigeria EEZ = 217,313 km2

In other words, Northern Nigeria is full blooded Parasite

Thank you very much. I was trying to correct this.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by sageb: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
AbarisFather:

Brave heart
I stretch my greetings from SALGA to you

Which community in SALGA?
Tungbo or Boluo orua?
I remember the days of Peres Pereotu, Barnabas Edure,etc

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
Plantiff:

The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) governs how International water bodies are used by the 193 Member States of the United Nations.

Article 57 of UNCLOS which provides for the "Breadth of the exclusive economic zone" States that
"the exclusive economic zone shall not extend beyond 200 nautical miles
from the baselines from which the breadth of the territorial sea is measured."

Article 3 of UNCLOS which provides for the "Breadth of the Territorial Sea" States that "Every State has the right to establish the breadth of its territorial sea up to a limit not exceeding 12 nautical miles, measured from baselines determined in accordance with this Convention."

Article 6 of UNCLOS provides for the Baseline in the following words:

"Except where otherwise provided in this Convention, the normal baseline
for measuring the breadth of the territorial sea is the low-water line along the coast as marked on large-scale charts officially recognized by the coastal State."

From the above, it can be deduced that natural oil reserves in the sea that Nigeria has access to falls within the Exclusive Economic Zone of Nigeria. The Exclusive Economic Zone of Nigeria is 200 nautical miles from the baseline of Nigeria. The baseline in this case is measured from Akwa Ibom because it is where Nigeria meets the Sea.

If Akwa Ibom was separated from Nigeria, the measurement of the Exclusive Economic Zone wouldn't change and the distance would still be 200 nautical miles.

The Exclusive Economic Zone has nothing to do with the landmass of a country but the distance from its baseline.

It is Akwa Ibom and other Southern States bounded by the sea that makes Nigeria a Coastal State in the First place.

Some people just wan lie give us. I shook my head the day that man made that claim.
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by hammer567: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
forgiveness:

Yoruba (Itsekiri, Ilaje, Awori, Egba and Ijebu)

WHERE DID YORUBA SEE RIVER NIGER?
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by hammer567: 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
bomb24:

another idiot on the loose. Igbos actually sold Igbos as slaves. we never had any contact with itshekiri as they were slaves to the benins who actually used them as sacrifices. the benin influence only stopped at anioma and the benins never actively engaged in slave trade as their oral history proves that. as for the ijos there mare potters, and the whitemen servants who dwelth in swamps and rickety boats and revered the ubini ukpabi the arochukwu god..

akwa cross at other hand was blocked by the aro confederacy that mounted a garrison to checkmate their activities there-by creating a wedge of wat is now known today as oke-Igbo the boundary between the Igbos and non Igbos. In aba the ngwas were known to be fearless and a hard nut to break they constantly had confrontations with the annangs which was not hard of them to push back..

little or nothing was known about ogoni historically until ken saro-wiwa had to put them to significance.

GO AND EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STOP CONSTITUTING NUISANCE ON THE INTERNET.

Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by BKayy: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2021
forgiveness:

Thank you very much. I was trying to correct this.
You're welcome
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by AfonjaFula: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
mrvitalis:

Just as there is little or no oil in ibibio and annang land ibono ,Oro nation,ikot abasi and obolo own all the oil wells p

� Isn't God wonderful
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by bomb24: 2:31am On Nov 28, 2021
hammer567:

GO AND EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STOP CONSTITUTING NUISANCE ON THE INTERNET.
i'm not borthering myself over a fool.
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by hammer567: 9:05am On Nov 28, 2021
bomb24:

i'm not borthering myself over a fool.

mynd44 rule2
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by AfonjaConehead: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2021
scholes0:

lol... you think oil ends Onshore?
The Ijaw (Rivers) territorial waters shallow and deep field offshore plus onshore production alone catapult them past all Igboid rivers put together.
Afonja grin
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by KILLTHECOWS(f): 4:06am On Dec 11, 2021
ikennamadu1:

Tell me the position rumuola and rumuokwuta oil well dey ... Make I go check ... I dey stay in-between those two communities
rumuola,before the pit after nnebe isiewu joint.
Rumuokuta,after nepa office,between rumuchuku and sbs.
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by ebufa: 4:33am On Dec 11, 2021
[quote author=Idafire post=108003585]No day passes without them opening a thread about the great tribe, Ijaws.

Yet, they claim we are nothing, we make empty noise but all their threads are about us the Ijaws.

This is my little understanding of things as it regards you people

The so called people you claim are nothing are actually bigger than I have thought.

You have tried to force us to join your rubbish we refused, you are pained
How on earth do you say you love a people more than they love themselves. I smell rotten fish.

obama ko..........biden ni...Ndi nzuzu! your oil thieving days are over!
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by ebufa: 4:42am On Dec 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
The frustrated, hunger ridden, broom waving witches and wizards otherwise known as BMC îmbeciles are on overdrive to destroy the peaceful harmony of the Ijaw tribe. It irks the hopeless bástards that we refused to be dragged into their madness post 2015 and so as another election year looms, their devilish plan is to destroy any semblance of Southern unity. The willing tools as usual are our useful Southern ídiot brothers. I curse them and the work of their hands because they obviously want my people killed and destroyed so I curse even their pleas for help. Useless fóols cool

see this mentally deranged heathen, ogogoro guzzling swamp misfit running his clueless mouth! you people wasted 6 years of power, wasted the little oil you have and you now want to embark on stealing Igbo territory.........the bell tolls on your demise! The collective slaps you will receive will send you scrambling for your canoes and paddles back to the swamp from whence you came.
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by Ekpeitit(m): 4:50am On Dec 11, 2021
Are Igbos a Niger Delta tribe?
grin grin grin
I wonder why the Igbos are so desperate to attach themselves to the Niger Delta people even though we have distanced ourselves from them several times, don't you people have any shame or self worth?
Attachment by force,if you say you have oil and gas then go and enjoy it. Destroy the pipelines and the Federal government will listen to your people, that's what we do in the Niger Delta.
EWU BIAFRA.
meth PEOPLE.
Stop bothering us.we don't give a damn about you.
Re: Which Nigerdelta Tribe Has The Most Oil And Gas Deposit In Nigeria? by nesphil(m): 12:36am On Feb 13, 2023
So you come from wherever you come from to know more than the owners of the land abi
FYl the following lbibio LGs are oil-producing LGs in AKS;
ONNA, Mkpat Enin, Uruan, lkot Abasi, ltu, etc. Just that ltu and Uruan oil reserves are not tapped yet.

So stop saying what you don't know out of your sheer stup1dity.
Owo Uneghe na you wan come tell me bout my state, then you must be a very big fhooool.

mrvitalis:

Just as there is little or no oil in ibibio and annang land ibono ,Oro nation,ikot abasi and obolo own all the oil wells p

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor's Office Of Some Of The States In Nigeria / 2023: South East Bello Ambassadors Issue Communique From Town Hall Meeting / Enugu: Governor Ugwuanyi Signs 2023 Budget Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.