Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha (4090 Views)

Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai / Mohammed Abacha Decamps To PDP / The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by chino11(m): 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
The eldest son of the late military head of state Sani Abacha, Mohammed Sani Abacha yesterday said his father would have checked the uprising of the Boko Haram if he were at the helm of affairs of the country today.

Mr Abacha stated this yesterday shortly after prayers were offered for the repose of the soul of the late head of state.

The prayer session was part of activities to mark the 13th anniversary of the demise of the ruler.

He bemoaned the threat to security of lives and property across the country.

"I'm sure if you go through your archives, one of the things he (Abacha) said he wanted to be remembered for was security. When he was in charge of this country, we all knew there was security," Mr Abacha said. "When I say security, I mean it was very good security. There were no ethnic and religious violence. You could see security everywhere, on the highway and every aspect of our livelihood, we had good security. What is happening now is a very unfortunate thing but it is something we have to work on." Mr Abacha was speaking a day after Boko Haram detonated series of bombs in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, leading to the death of about ten persons.

He also explained the absence of key personalities like former heads of states, Muhammadu Buhari, Abdulsalam Abubakar and Ibrahim Babangida at the event, saying the resolve by the Abacha family to celebrate it low key must have been responsible for their absence.

He expressed his gratitude to hundreds of well-wishers that came to the Gidado Road residence of the late military ruler to grace the prayer session.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5712351-146/story.csp
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by chino11(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wonders of the millennium grin grin grin grin
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by wilywily13: 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
Why i liked Abacha is that he Vow to send all to Exile
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by wilywily13: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
Why i liked Abacha is that he Vow to send all Yorubas to Exile
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by chino11(m): 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
But sincerely speaking Abacha could have been the best head of state. Going by the way he handled and stabilized Nigerian economy.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by maga1: 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
Just d way he dealt with d fathers of militants. The truth is militancy, kidnaping, bokoharam etc would hve never surfaced if it were Abacha BUT, human right will be violated (which is good). Come to think of it, militants are fighting 4 their rights so are d boko haramist.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Sunofgod(m): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
,,,,would have checked Boko Haram 'Ken Saro Wiwa' style.

Useless B.A.S.T.A.R.D - Do me a favour and go find yourself a 'Indian Whoore' like your Papa.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by homerac7: 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
Sadly true. cry
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by maga1: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
Sun of god:

,,,,would have checked Boko Haram 'Ken Saro Wiwa' style.

TRUE. And it would have been d best. Yaradua/GEJ killed d head of boko haram without knowing what d body of d org comprises and now d headless/faceless body is after d freeeking govt. Simple, Abacha woulda keep a tab on those boko boys and any attempt by them to disturb d peace of naija would simply means a farewell of the entire boko to d graves or Niger republic/Tchad.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by chino11(m): 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
But Abacha really dealt with Yorubas. Its not funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by osasp(m): 7:34am On Jun 10, 2011
dude does have a point
these arseholes need to be dealt force for force. . .i hope GEJ will find a way round this
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by 2n2k(m): 7:43am On Jun 10, 2011
What is the success story of the JTF (first established by abacha) in imposing peace and security in niger delta during his regime? He only ended hardening the stance of the militants in the ND
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2011
Give me a break, Abacha was a terrorist!

Nigerians were so afraid that even the fearless was afraid.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by maga1: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2011
noblezone:

Give me a break, Abacha was a terrorist!

Nigerians were so afraid that even the fearless was afraid.

you mean terrorists were afraid of a terrorist & when d big terrorist is gone naija bcame afraid of other smaller terrorist.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Bishopking: 9:08am On Jun 10, 2011
we would be begging the UN to help us remove him. Afterall, that is what we did when he became 'Boko Haram'. Did he not close down academic institutions? Did he not wreck havoc particularly on southerners?
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by abokine: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2011
No doubt during Abacha's regime there was security,but in an ideal sense of the term ''militarism'' their should be dectatorship and as it stands human right will be violated.Ocurse Abacha could have handdled the militancy in the ND, boko haram in the N/east and any other security threat in the nation,it could be rutless and cruel but then the security would have been normalise.The question here is what did we need, security or human right that we don't have up till date?
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by anointedf(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2011
Okay, Mohammed go and wake him up to advise our current leaders.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by soronzo: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
he said their was no ethnic crisis, what about the crises between the ijaws and the itshekiris?Was it not Abacha regime ife and modakeke crisis occurred.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by violent(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2011
sorry sire, but yo daddy now lives in hell!
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by mallorca(m): 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
violent:

sorry sire, but yo daddy now lives in hell!
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by presido1: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
Yes cos he is member.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by hakanai(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
Now that your father is no more and has done his bid.What can you do for Nigeria?Especially the menace of boko haram!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by enomakos(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
gej de Bleep up he shall deals with those fools
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Mealways: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
Mohammed Abacha`s comment about security during the infamous , heartless, brutish, diabolical and facist reign of his father is insulting to say the least. In a civilised society, people like Mohammed bury their heads in shame, keep shut permanently and sometimes live in seclusion.

According to Wikipedia"Abacha's government was accused of human rights abuses, especially after the hanging of Ogoni activist Ken Saro-Wiwa by the Oputa Commission (only one of several executions of Ogoni activists opposed to the exploitation of Nigerian resources by the multinational petroleum company, Royal Dutch Shell Group); Abiola and Olusegun Obasanjo were jailed for treason, and Wole Soyinka charged in absentia with treason.[5] His regime suffered stiff opposition internally and externally by pro-democracy activists who made the regime unpopular, and responded by banning political activity in general and by controlling the press in particular; a significant fraction of the military was purged. Abacha surrounded himself with approximately 3,000 armed men loyal to him"
During Abacha's regime, a total of £5 billion was reported siphoned out of the country's coffers by the head of state and members of his family.[10] At that time Abacha was listed as the world's fourth most corrupt leader in recent history
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
I agree with Mohammed Abacha on this albeit that the security would not have have been on his wizardry on security mgt but that predicated on Fear.
The thing i miss most about Gen Abacha however was the handing over of Bakassi to Cameroon. The world court at Hague would have thought it wiser not
to make such a "Genocidal Judgement" had it been that the shaded eyeglass General was on seat. Obasanjo, like we all know, is a very lucky Coward.
And yet i laugh when some people say that the Biafran war has been won!
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by dustydee: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
He would have. But i guess because we are in a democracy it will not be that easy.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by oladayo042: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
My conversation with Mohammed Abacha

Mohammed: My father would have checked Boko Haram
Me: How sure are you?
Mohammed: I'm very sure because he make sure that security is very tight during his tenure.
Me: Then I will ask him when I get to heaven.
Mohammed: What if my father is in hell?
Me: Then you will ask him.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by lucabrasi(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
really i believe abacha would have checked them first due to him being a northerner and also being a soldier with a resolute will,it takes that kind of will to depose a northern emir without caring about the backlash.
however i personally believe an intelligence led onslaught against the boko haram is the only solution not force
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
Security-wise, Nigeria was secure during the Abacha regime. Probably because of the great fear people(criminals as well) had of the regime.

I still remember how even the agbero boys in Lagos simmered down during those years. . . . you barely read of violence caused by those boys during those years. The millitary guys were in full charge and they picked you up and carted you away without even considering what you had to say. There were so many rumours of people taken away and never heard of every again . . . lol

Yes, Abacha was a terrorist, but even criminals and other terrorists were afraid of him, and with good reason too. So we all worried about making sure to stay out of the regime's way and not much else.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Bensonite: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
I would have kept silent on this thread but for the sake of history, I need to make my comment. Abacha self succession plan led to the  formation of the infamous Kanu led Youth Earnestly Asked For Abacha was what gave birth to arms struggle in the the Niger Delta. Over a million youths from across Nigeria were gathered in Abuja to campaign for Abacha and the boys from ND(the ijaws mainly) saw what oil money built/ still building in Abuja then and upon return they went for a fortification with Ijaw deity Egbesu and later started series of attack on the government house of Bayelsa(a new created state with military administrator) demanding for same development to be done there. This attacks continued while Abacha was still in Power till the then Military administrator for Bayelsa was changed. So those claiming that Abacha regime did not witness any security issues either do not know or the media was not making so much noise about it. I rest for now.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by Ibime(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
Please, this is not the 90's where Sergeant Rogers dey patrol for hatchback Peageot with common cock-and-shoot.

Sergeant Rogers no go last one day for Niger Delta where boyz dey use Night Vision goggle and RPGs.
Re: My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha by 2mch(m): 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
Ibime:

Please, this is not the 90's where Sergeant Rogers dey patrol for hatchback Peageot with common cock-and-shoot.

Sergeant Rogers no go last one day for Niger Delta where boyz dey use Night Vision goggle and RPGs.

presido1:

Yes cos he is member.

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 BENUE GOVERNORSHIP : CAN IDOMA BREAK THE 38 YEAR JINX ? / Chelsea Beloved Female Doctor Axed After Mourinho Anger / PHOTO: Virgin Mary Appeared In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.