Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Stanbic Ibtc Is Debiting Me Twice For A Single Transaction - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stanbic Ibtc Is Debiting Me Twice For A Single Transaction (353 Views)

Man Defrauds Stanbic IBTC Bank Of N60 Million / Zambian Stanbic Bank Staff Sentenced To Prison For Stealing Bank’s Money / Kenyan Stanbic Bank Employee Beaten To Death By Police For Urinating In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc Is Debiting Me Twice For A Single Transaction by tenderjunkie: 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
Good day guys
At the beginning of the month of November (9th of Nov precisely), I carried out a transaction of $100. I was immediately debited the sum of ₦47,500. I received a debit alert a couple of days later (11th of Nov). For some reasons, Stanbic sends me notification for web transactions late, although I'm always debited instantly.
Towards the end of the month (Monday 22nd of Nov), I received a text message from Stanbic bank that some of my transactions made didn't impact my account as expected and that a regularization will be carried out.

I was expecting this message because my bank alert charges weren't adding up (i expected to be charged more). I logged into my app and discovered a negative balance. It didn't take me long to realize that the sum of ₦47,500 had left my account again.

I sent an email to their customer care which they didn't respond to immediately. I had to go to the bank the next day (23rd of Nov). The customer care representative that attended to me was talking about ledger and available balance. I was trying to explain that the said sum was debited from my account twice. She said it normally takes some days for foreign web transactions to settle, and I should wait till the next day until the transaction settles and reflects in both my ledger and available balance.

I left the bank confused. How does ledger balance affect anything when I'm seeing a negative balance in my available balance. Their online customer care finally responded via mail asking for my account number. Note that till now I hadn't gotten a bank alert for the transaction.

I had to send follow up mails before I got a reply on Thursday 25th of Nov that my account was currently being checked and I would be notified of the outcome.

On Friday, 26th of Nov, I got the alert that gave me a negative balance.

How will Stanbic claim the initial transaction didn't impact my account when obviously the funds left my account?
Carrying out basic addition and subtraction, the money was obviously deducted from my account.
So why is Stanbic debiting me twice?
Has anyone had a relatable experience? How do I resolve it?
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Is Debiting Me Twice For A Single Transaction by tenderjunkie: 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
I was at the bank on Monday 29th of November. The customer care staff lodged a complaint and assured it will be attended to within 2 working days.

Today (2nd of December) being the third working day, I went to the bank and nothing has been resolved. The cc staff said she hadn't received any feedback from the complaint she lodged earlier. She called headquarters but got no response from them. She lodged another complaint.

At this point I'm really pissed off. Is there a staff of Stanbic IBTC here that could assist?

(1) (Reply)

A Housemaid Strangled Ex-edo State Governor Lucky Igbinedion's Mother And Stole / Operator Of Illegal Mortuary Is In Police Custody – Chidi Lloyd / DeltaState Yahooboy Survive Fater Acident As He Refuse To Use Mother For Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.