Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? (696 Views)

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion / Why Are Some Parents Like This? / Do Women Really Love Their Children More Than Their Husbands? And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
This happens mostly in polygamous homes, so many people had such experiences while growing up.

Your dad likes your sister from another mum more than you, or he cares more about the son from another mum.

My question here is that, is it possible for parents to love all their children equally whether nuclear family or Polygamy?
Share your experience here
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by Prechgold1180(m): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
wink
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by Baawaa(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Is from the genesis, if you do the wish of your parent they surely love you.Like our heavenly father if we keep His commandments He will do anything for us I means anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
Well,don't blame some parents who do that, it's like having Davash222 and chatinent as children and you sanely decided to love chatinent more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by MufasaLion: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
Many reasons. It might be money, submissivesness, etc. Most times it's money.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by KingEverest: 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
It happens in monogamous home too, I think mums are really fond of it, im noting saying dad's don't do it but since mothers spend more time with the children you'll notice it more with them. I think it's as a result of behaviorial differences in children, some parents are not that educated to understand that all their children can't behave the same or have the same character it's just nature and biology (genetics) undecided, so wen they observe a particular child is behaving differently from the others they begin to discriminate

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by Solofresh2: 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
Yes you are right.Especially those last born

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by Opeyemiextra(f): 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2021
So many factors are responsible for this. One prevalent in most homes, at least, in our time is performance of the child whether in school, home or church. The child is loved or preferred because she/he represents a better version of them and project or mirrors a future they desire.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by olus01(m): 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2021
It is a natural things that no one can explain or justify. even God that create us dont love us equally.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
Baawaa:
Is from the genesis, if you do the wish of your parent they surely love you.Like our heavenly father if we keep His commandments He will do anything for us I means anything.
I agree, but life is too complicated, nobody knows tomorrow, sometimes children that experience ill-treatment often become more successful in life
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
olus01:
even God that create us dont love us equally
But why that?
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
So many factors are responsible for this. One prevalent in most homes, at least, in our time is performance of the child whether in school, home or church. The child is loved or preferred because she/he represents a better version of them and project or mirrors a future they desire.
Yeah you are right, but parents should do it with wisdom
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
Solofresh2:
Yes you are right.Especially those last born
Exactly
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
KingEverest:
It happens in monogamous home too, I think mums are really fond of it, im noting saying dad's don't do it but since mothers spend more time with the children you'll notice it more with them. I think it's as a result of behaviorial differences in children, some parents are not that educated to understand that all their children can't behave the same or have the same character it's just nature and biology (genetics) undecided, so wen they observe a particular child is behaving differently from the others they begin to discriminate
That's true, such a child will feel neglected and he/she will grow up hating the parent
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:
Many reasons. It might be money, submissivesness, etc. Most times it's money.
Yeah, the most successful in future often gets more respect and love. But it's not so during children's early stages
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by olus01(m): 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
God1000:
But why that?
becuse it beyound my imagination

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
Iyaebe:
Well,don't blame some parents who do that, it's like having Davash222 and chatinent as children and you sanely decided to love chatinent more.
It doesn't make sense, and it often backfires with lots of regret in future
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by MufasaLion: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
God1000:

Yeah, the most successful in future often gets more respect and love. But it's not so during children's early stages

Parents mostly love the child that's good academically and doesn't stress them at the early stage.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by God1000(m): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

Parents mostly love the child that's good academically and doesn't stress them at the early stage.
I agree

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by KingEverest: 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
God1000:

That's true, such a child will feel neglected and he/she will grow up hating the parent
Yes the reason so many people lack social pedigree

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? by Kriss216: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Iyaebe:

cheesy cheesy

So, you'd choose chatinent over davash?

(1) (Reply)

. / help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man / How Do/did You Cope With Your Wife Cravings While She Was Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.