Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man (692 Views)

Nigerian Couple Who Lived In Empty Uncompleted Building Shares Growth / Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / South African Dad Throws His Baby To Prevent His Building From Being Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man by Born2winnx: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2022
hello all, I want to buy a building 5 bedroom flat that's in it's window sill level from a young man, from what I can observe he started developing 2years ago as his business wasn't going through. they was no way he can complete and needed a way out for 1.5m.

I know I need a lawyer, do I also need the police service? or a private investigator to find out if the properties are truly his..I don't want to be in a situation where I be scammed.

thanks

lalasticlala
Re: help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man by JASONjnr(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Go with him to verify the documents...

Also involve the development authority in the state...

1 Like

Re: help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man by mymadam(m): 12:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Of course you must confirm the legal ownership of the property via the government office responsible for land/building matters in the State. What official title documents does the property have... C of O, Registered Survey, Government-Approved Building Plan, etc? Are all in his name?

How you do this is up to you... lawyer, registered real estate practitioner, neighbourhood CDA, etc

#my2kobo
Re: help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man by Zidoh(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
mymadam:
Of course you must confirm the legal ownership of the property via the government office responsible for land/building matters in the State. What official title documents does the property have... C of O, Registered Survey, Government-Approved Building Plan, etc? Are all in his name?

How you do this is up to you... lawyer, registered estate practitioner, neighbourhood CDA, etc

#my2kobo
This all you need to check and i think you can do that with the help of your lawyer , Surveyor , Chairman( baale or any reliable neighood).You don't need police in the matter...
Re: help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man by emmanuelbrown26: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
Born2winnx:
hello all, I want to buy a building 5 bedroom flat that's in it's window sill level from a young man, from what I can observe he started developing 2years ago as his business wasn't going through. they was no way he can complete and needed a way out for 1.5m.

I know I need a lawyer, do I also need the police service? or a private investigator to find out if the properties are truly his..I don't want to be in a situation where I be scammed.

thanks

lalasticlala
If na Yoruba house, just go to d balee to avoid story that wey dey enter heart and soul. If na igbo house, enquire from d Street people

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice On What To Do / How Lola Brought Charm From Ijebu To Her Marriage In Nnewi / Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.