Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 (22740 Views)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / Orezi Rocks New Hairstyle, Warns Nigerian Artistes Not To Copy It / Runtown Responds To Mr Eazi "Nigerian Artistes Are Using His 'Ghanian Sound" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by lenghtinny(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Synord:

Really ? Did you even hear his first line on the song?
Yeah he mentioned Amapiano but I wouldn’t really classify it as Amapiano because it sounded more like house music despite the shaker, horn and piano…

The major instruments that make the amapiano distinctive are the piano, tremolo signal, the shaker, percussions, pads, wind instrument and sometimes jazz.
Don’t forget the log drum which is an extremely important aspect of the sound.
To be honest, Nigerian producers are nowhere near their South African counterparts when it comes to Amapiano. But they are definitely trying.
By the way , I think you referring to Rema’s woman

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Smithkline200: 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Amapiano is purely South African pattern.

Nigerian musicians would copy anything.
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by SKINDOGGY: 12:10am On Nov 28, 2021
Trash undecided No Mohbad- Feel good
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by teebax26: 3:33am On Nov 28, 2021
lenghtinny:

Yeah he mentioned Amapiano but I wouldn’t really classify it as Amapiano because it sounded more like house music despite the shaker, horn and piano…

The major instruments that make the amapiano distinctive are the piano, tremolo signal, the shaker, percussions, pads, wind instrument and sometimes jazz.
To be honest, Nigerian producers are nowhere near their South African counterparts when it comes to Amapiano. But they are definitely trying.

whats really happening here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLnyUjEFH6c
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by teebax26: 3:33am On Nov 28, 2021
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by haryomikun(m): 3:57am On Nov 28, 2021
Scottz:
lol no mind am he doesn’t even recognize amapiano sounds well

Zinolesky kilofeshe no be amapiano
So what sub-genre is kilofeshe
The drums for there no be Amapiano?
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Daum: 7:29am On Nov 28, 2021
lenghtinny:

God bless you. Some people here are confusing house music for Amapiano. Once I hear Amapiano I know it is. Niniola is queen of House music not Amapiano. South Africa Amapiano is top notch. Our producers are all recycling one style of Amapiano beats...

OH the OP forgot to add Rexxie KPK... That sound was a mad Amapiano sound. There's Vigro deep from SA which you hear in many DJ mix... That's another bad sound
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by maiquel: 7:49am On Nov 28, 2021
Adekunle Gold ft. DAVIDO
HIGH.mp3
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Cousin9999: 9:11am On Nov 28, 2021
Um, when I want amapiano, I seek SA artists.

I wouldn't buy Nigerian food from a SA, and vice versa.

That said, "Sponono" was a dope collab.
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by FinnMann(m): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2021
If DAVIDO offered you a house or 10million naira which would you take...
See video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9pdZeq23g
Synord:
Amapiano which is the Zulu word for “ the pianos “ is a style of house music that emerged from the music industry in South Africa . Amapiano is hybrid of deep house music and jazz , heavily characterized by synths , airy pads and heavy percussive baselines

Popularized by the likes of Kabza de Small , Dj Maphorisa , Focalistic , Oskido and other South Africa music heavyweights , the genre of music has enjoyed massive acceptance over Africa especially in Nigeria since the last quarter of 2020 .

We present to you the Top Ten biggest Amapiano Songs from Nigerian Artistes in 2021.

We have curated the list based on Streams , Co signs , Street credibility , pop culture , radio plays , charts and social media integrations. The list is in no particular order.

1) Lojay Monalisa – Lojay released his Love and Attention Ep in 2021 . The collaborative project with Veteran Producer , Sarz on the beat , produced major hits like LV & ATTN ft Wizkid , Tonongo and Monalisa .

The biggest hit from the project arguably remains the amapiano track “ Monalisa” which has generated over one million audio streams and over 7 million views on YouTube. The song also generated controversies as to the gender of the singer and the use of the word “ Monalisan “ on the song.

2) Falz Squander– Folarin Falana aka Falz released the single “ Squander “ featuring the Queen of Afro house music “Niniola” in December 2020. The “Yung Willis”Produced Amapiano bop gained massive love shortly after release . On the track , Falz and Niniola harmoniously urge big ballers and the money spenders to “ Squander “ the money and enjoy life .

Falz released the remix of the song featuring Kamo Mpela , Mpura, Sayfar and Niniola in April , 2021 and the Video directed by The Olu Wave had amassed over one million views on YouTube.

3) DJ Kaywise featuring Phyno – Highway

A lot of critics and music lovers have stated that the Amapiano influenced single “ High way “ might just be DjKaywise’s biggest song yet . Boasting of a stellar audio production by Yung Willis and over a million audio streams , the accompanying TG Omori directed video has amassed over 3 million views on YouTube . The song became a viral sensation on social media and is recognized as a hit for the old and young generation . The video featured cameo appearance from veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie and industry colleagues like Dbanj, Skibii and reekado banks .

4) Focalistic featuring Davido – Ke Star Remix

“ Better rest , better rest , better rest”, you don try , e no do , better rest “. This Davido’s line from the smash hit became a fans Favourite all across the world . Over ten million views on YouTube for the Dammy twitch directed video , Over one million streams across all platforms , and one of the most viral singles of 2021 , it is evident that Ke star Remix is a continental smash hit . The vigro deep produced jam is definitely one of the biggest Amapiano songs on the list .

5) Dj Tarico ft Burna boy , Preck and Nelson Tivane – Yaba Buluku

Yaba Buluku can be translated to mean “something is hitting my trousers “ and indeed with the release of the song ,Something did hit the airwaves .

The Amapiano song from Mozambique Disc jockey , Dj tarico who featured two other Mozambique singers Preck and Nelson tivane , gained grounds all over Africa in late 2020 . The track got a remix treatment from the African Giant , Burna Boy in 2021 , taking the track to greater heights just like it did South Africa ‘s sensational hit track “ Jerusalema “ in 2020”.

The video of the remix directed by The Alien has amassed over three million views on YouTube..

6) Zinoleesky – Kilofeshe

“ Extra ordinary things I am doing , ordinary things no fit move me again” , a line from Zinoleesky ‘s smash Amapiano single “ Kilofeshe “ was a popular photo caption line in 2021” . Critics have rated the track one of the best Amapiano tracks from any Nigerian artiste this decade . The video of the niphkeys produced track has amassed over 3 million views on YouTube and a remix version featuring Mayorkun and Busiswa was released in March 2021 .

7) Wande Coal – Come My Way

Multi talented artiste and Black Diamond helmsman , Wande coal released his first official single for 2021 titled “ Come my Way “ in October . The spiritual beat produced Amapiano track is one of Wande coal’s best effort in recent years . The song generated controversy online after a video of Davido recording a verse on the track surfaced on social media .

The exciting chants and sonorous voice of the music legend makes “ Come my Way” one of the exceptional Amapiano tracks to be released this year .

The Music video for “ Come my way “ as directed by Sesan has amassed over 1 million views on YouTube .

8 ) Davido featuring Focalistic- Champion Sound

Davido first 2021 single is the Amapiano track “ Champion sound “ featuring Ke star collaborator , Focalistic . The track went viral on the heels of Davido’s 250 million naira donation to orphanages across Nigeria after he raised same on the occasion of his birthday . Before the official release however, “ Champion Sound “ had amassed a lot of love on tiktok and other social media platforms .

With production credits to focalistic , the video of the song has amassed over 3 million views within a month of release and is still gaining momentum and massive radio play across Africa

9) Reekado Banks – Ozumba Mbadiwe

After a long hiatus , Afropop Star and “ Rora” crooner, Reekado banks , made a thrilling return to the mainstream Nigerian music scene with the release of the P prime produced “ Ozumba Mbadiwe . The Amapiano song which pays tribute to the victims of the lekki toll gate massacre of October 2020 has amassed over a million views on YouTube and has been gaining enormous airplays across radio and tv stations in the country.

The song is featured on Reekado banks Ep “ Off the Records 2 “ and has practically rejuvenated Reekado banks career .

10) Naira Marley feat Busiswa – Coming

Marlins record boss , Naira Marley also jumped on the Amapiano wave with the release of the Rexxie produced Amapiano single “ Coming “ featuring South African artiste , Busiswa . Delivering his usual raunchy and lyrical explicit content , Naira Marley talks about achieving orgasm with his lady and trying different sexual acts . The song has amassed over 3 million views on YouTube with over a million streams across all platforms .

Notable Mentions

1. Niniola – Addicted

2. Rema – Bounce

3. MasterKraft featuring Zlatan Ibile and Bella Shmurda – Hallelujah

4. Asake – Mr Money

5. Masterkraft. Feat Phyno – Egbon

6. Barryjhay- Ayewada

7. Niniola – Odun

Which songs do you think we missed ? Do you agree with this list ? Let us know in the comment section

Source : https://olaoluwaidowu.org/blog/2021/11/27/top-ten-biggest-amapiano-songs-from-nigeria-in-2021/
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by FinnMann(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2021
Wow that means you love DAVIDO and adekunle gold.. now imagine if they offered you a house or 10million naira which would you pick on this VIDEO

maiquel:
Adekunle Gold ft. DAVIDO
HIGH.mp3
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Synord(m): 9:50am On Nov 28, 2021
Silentgroper:
Mohbad's feel good nko.

i fecking hate d song tho. Makes me hungry

Lol really grin
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Superpower(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2021
Silentgroper:
He's talking abt amapiano songs nt amazing songs tongue
l meant amapiano.It was autocorrect.
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by FinnMann(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2021
10million naira or a house which would you choose... WATCH VIDEO RIGHT NOW!!
Elvixbeatz:
cheesy cheesy cheesy if rema bounce is amapiano.. den West life or even Adele easy on me.. na even amapiano na.... wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Kingosytex(m): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mowoe:
I actually do not care the order in which you put the other songs, but just take Phyno's Highway to number 1.

Ke star remix is bigger than High way.
Davido na beast, him murder that track.
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by bentuzene(m): 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Yes you got this correct!

Synord:
Amapiano which is the Zulu word for “ the pianos “ is a style of house music that emerged from the music industry in South Africa . Amapiano is hybrid of deep house music and jazz , heavily characterized by synths , airy pads and heavy percussive baselines

Popularized by the likes of Kabza de Small , Dj Maphorisa , Focalistic , Oskido and other South Africa music heavyweights , the genre of music has enjoyed massive acceptance over Africa especially in Nigeria since the last quarter of 2020 .

We present to you the Top Ten biggest Amapiano Songs from Nigerian Artistes in 2021.

We have curated the list based on Streams , Co signs , Street credibility , pop culture , radio plays , charts and social media integrations. The list is in no particular order.

1) Lojay Monalisa – Lojay released his Love and Attention Ep in 2021 . The collaborative project with Veteran Producer , Sarz on the beat , produced major hits like LV & ATTN ft Wizkid , Tonongo and Monalisa .

The biggest hit from the project arguably remains the amapiano track “ Monalisa” which has generated over one million audio streams and over 7 million views on YouTube. The song also generated controversies as to the gender of the singer and the use of the word “ Monalisan “ on the song.

2) Falz Squander– Folarin Falana aka Falz released the single “ Squander “ featuring the Queen of Afro house music “Niniola” in December 2020. The “Yung Willis”Produced Amapiano bop gained massive love shortly after release . On the track , Falz and Niniola harmoniously urge big ballers and the money spenders to “ Squander “ the money and enjoy life .

Falz released the remix of the song featuring Kamo Mpela , Mpura, Sayfar and Niniola in April , 2021 and the Video directed by The Olu Wave had amassed over one million views on YouTube.

3) DJ Kaywise featuring Phyno – Highway

A lot of critics and music lovers have stated that the Amapiano influenced single “ High way “ might just be DjKaywise’s biggest song yet . Boasting of a stellar audio production by Yung Willis and over a million audio streams , the accompanying TG Omori directed video has amassed over 3 million views on YouTube . The song became a viral sensation on social media and is recognized as a hit for the old and young generation . The video featured cameo appearance from veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie and industry colleagues like Dbanj, Skibii and reekado banks .

4) Focalistic featuring Davido – Ke Star Remix

“ Better rest , better rest , better rest”, you don try , e no do , better rest “. This Davido’s line from the smash hit became a fans Favourite all across the world . Over ten million views on YouTube for the Dammy twitch directed video , Over one million streams across all platforms , and one of the most viral singles of 2021 , it is evident that Ke star Remix is a continental smash hit . The vigro deep produced jam is definitely one of the biggest Amapiano songs on the list .

5) Dj Tarico ft Burna boy , Preck and Nelson Tivane – Yaba Buluku

Yaba Buluku can be translated to mean “something is hitting my trousers “ and indeed with the release of the song ,Something did hit the airwaves .

The Amapiano song from Mozambique Disc jockey , Dj tarico who featured two other Mozambique singers Preck and Nelson tivane , gained grounds all over Africa in late 2020 . The track got a remix treatment from the African Giant , Burna Boy in 2021 , taking the track to greater heights just like it did South Africa ‘s sensational hit track “ Jerusalema “ in 2020”.

The video of the remix directed by The Alien has amassed over three million views on YouTube..

6) Zinoleesky – Kilofeshe

“ Extra ordinary things I am doing , ordinary things no fit move me again” , a line from Zinoleesky ‘s smash Amapiano single “ Kilofeshe “ was a popular photo caption line in 2021” . Critics have rated the track one of the best Amapiano tracks from any Nigerian artiste this decade . The video of the niphkeys produced track has amassed over 3 million views on YouTube and a remix version featuring Mayorkun and Busiswa was released in March 2021 .

7) Wande Coal – Come My Way

Multi talented artiste and Black Diamond helmsman , Wande coal released his first official single for 2021 titled “ Come my Way “ in October . The spiritual beat produced Amapiano track is one of Wande coal’s best effort in recent years . The song generated controversy online after a video of Davido recording a verse on the track surfaced on social media .

The exciting chants and sonorous voice of the music legend makes “ Come my Way” one of the exceptional Amapiano tracks to be released this year .

The Music video for “ Come my way “ as directed by Sesan has amassed over 1 million views on YouTube .

8 ) Davido featuring Focalistic- Champion Sound

Davido first 2021 single is the Amapiano track “ Champion sound “ featuring Ke star collaborator , Focalistic . The track went viral on the heels of Davido’s 250 million naira donation to orphanages across Nigeria after he raised same on the occasion of his birthday . Before the official release however, “ Champion Sound “ had amassed a lot of love on tiktok and other social media platforms .

With production credits to focalistic , the video of the song has amassed over 3 million views within a month of release and is still gaining momentum and massive radio play across Africa

9) Reekado Banks – Ozumba Mbadiwe

After a long hiatus , Afropop Star and “ Rora” crooner, Reekado banks , made a thrilling return to the mainstream Nigerian music scene with the release of the P prime produced “ Ozumba Mbadiwe . The Amapiano song which pays tribute to the victims of the lekki toll gate massacre of October 2020 has amassed over a million views on YouTube and has been gaining enormous airplays across radio and tv stations in the country.

The song is featured on Reekado banks Ep “ Off the Records 2 “ and has practically rejuvenated Reekado banks career .

10) Naira Marley feat Busiswa – Coming

Marlins record boss , Naira Marley also jumped on the Amapiano wave with the release of the Rexxie produced Amapiano single “ Coming “ featuring South African artiste , Busiswa . Delivering his usual raunchy and lyrical explicit content , Naira Marley talks about achieving orgasm with his lady and trying different sexual acts . The song has amassed over 3 million views on YouTube with over a million streams across all platforms .

Notable Mentions

1. Niniola – Addicted

2. Rema – Bounce

3. MasterKraft featuring Zlatan Ibile and Bella Shmurda – Hallelujah

4. Asake – Mr Money

5. Masterkraft. Feat Phyno – Egbon

6. Barryjhay- Ayewada

7. Niniola – Odun

Which songs do you think we missed ? Do you agree with this list ? Let us know in the comment section

Source : https://olaoluwaidowu.org/blog/2021/11/27/top-ten-biggest-amapiano-songs-from-nigeria-in-2021/
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Synord(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2021
Kingosytex:

Ke star remix is bigger than High way.
Davido na beast, him murder that track.

True
Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Synord(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2021
bentuzene:
Yes you got this correct!

Thank You .

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Biggest Amapiano Songs From Nigerian Artistes In 2021 by Synord(m): 5:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Smithkline200:
Amapiano is purely South African pattern.

Nigerian musicians would copy anything.

That’s how the music grows and evolves . It’s needed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leo Babarinde Dasilva Joins Queen Nimat As She Launched“blue Child Project” / Oritse Femi And Wife, Nabila Fash, Share Christmas Photos / Halima Abubakar:"I Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Was Broke"(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.