Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

� Why I Don't Give Out Heavy Freebies To Strangers � - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / � Why I Don't Give Out Heavy Freebies To Strangers � (213 Views)

How To Sell Your Products and Services To Strangers / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless / Paxtradings Are Scammers Don't Give Them Your Giftcards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

� Why I Don't Give Out Heavy Freebies To Strangers � by dapo4friends(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
Actually, I really don't know how best to start this article. Lemme start anyhow sha.

So recently I decided to start living by this new personal rule for handing out free valuable information.

Here it is:

�� IF IT CANNOT BE FINISHED IN 10 MINS, IT SHOULD NOT BE FREE! ��

That means I would not give 100% free ebooks, audio materials or video material that exceed the 10 minutes consumption time.

Here's why:

➡️ Ignorance is NO LONGER our greatest problem, but access to too much information.

We are overwhelmed by so much good stuff that we often have a hard time keeping up with all the good stuff we have access to.

The result is that we become paralyzed at taking action due to a phenomenon called by "The Paradox of Choice"

We end up doing nothing and end up not being different from those who never knew what to do in the first place.

➡️ The chances of a person opening that super valuable, heavily loaded freebie you gave is probably less than 20% (I'm not sure, but going by my own behavior, I'd say I'm close to correct)

� SPOILER ALERT 1: These days, most people collect free stuff just because it's free, not because they are really dying to learn what's inside. Admit it- you are guilty too!

� SPOILER ALERT 2: The fact that a person gets a freebie from you doesn't EVER guarantee they are gonna buy anything from you in the future.�

So, Where's the financial sense in having 90% of your audience consisting of persons who only take and take and take and take from your business without contributing any significant value ever? ��

From a business standpoint, the less of these persons you have in your business environment, the better for your business.

What I am now doing, is to create systems that allow me to have AS MAJORITY AUDIENCE in my closest circle, people who are the most passionate about what I am all about and have to offer.

How do you judge a person's passion? �

It's simple: willingness to make TANGIBLE Investment in that passion. In this case, it would be willingness go spend MONEY!!

SIDENOTE: I'm not saying the "chronic value takers" are bad people - far from it.

All I'm saying is they rank very low in terms of "customer value" to your business. Therefore, you should keep the size of that audience to the barest minimum.

➡️ The way is to actually build super valuable bundles of value with stupidly cheap price as your entry level offer.

We call them "Tripwire Offers". I talk extensively about offers in a training somewhere else.

� HARD NOTE: Those who are turned off by the fact you are charging a fee for the value you offer are already clearly useless to your business.

My rule for valuing a potential customer this is��:

� If a fee makes you change your mind, then it was never important enough - you would never use it even if you got it for free, so there's no point of giving it to you! �

� THE BENEFITS OF THIS APPROACH �

� You build a very valuable audience that will give as much value to your business as much as you give to it.

� You avoid having "bloated but empty" lists that only look good to the eyes in size but make your bank account look like the Sahara desert.

� You spend less energy, time and money maintaining your audience list while at the same time making more money from it.

� CONCLUDING THOUGHTS �

Based on all I've said above, aside from my:

� regular Facebook articles

� Occasional YouTube videos

Every other thing I offer will be paid for. �

If it will be ever free (e.g. free article), it WILL NOT exceed 10 minutes in consumption time!!

I am not father Christmas!!

Do with this information, what you will...

(1) (Reply)

Why Good Sports Shoes Is Needed When Playing Sports / 5 Powerful Tips On How To Drive Sales To Your Product & Service On Jiji App. / Best Platform To Sell Items Online In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.