Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? (9220 Views)

Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? / Is Airtel 4gb Data Plan Still Working?sept 2013 / Is Airtel Now The Worst Network For Browsing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
This problem is getting on for days now, and their customer care has not been able to profer a solution to the problem. At fisrt it was with my bb subscription. Two days into my subscription, i began to get account balance alert claiming that my last call was blah blah, and my bal is blah blah, this went on til my acct balance ends on 0.00 and my bb service goes off. Upon airtime recharge, the bb service comes up, and as soon as my messages begin to flood in (as a result of the outage experienced when my credit was zeroed) the acct balance alert comes up again and before i know what is going on, the whole thing falls back to zero, and the service off.
i pulled the complaint to their customer agents severally, all to no avail. Dnt know if anyone is facing this, or has ever faced it before.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by snowdrops(m): 11:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
probably high time you changed providers
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 12:41am On Jun 10, 2011
I use airtel for my data services. Dnt really know which other netwrk is best aside etisalat who seems to be a lot stable.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by denzel2009: 3:04am On Jun 10, 2011
It's not only you, their members of staff are complaining too.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by kevoh(m): 8:44am On Jun 10, 2011
I hope you did not play that 'Feel free' game because they charge 100 naira daily,meanwhile I'm restricting the urge to yab/critisize them after receiving free 50mb last week and 50 percent of my recharge last sunday maybe when I use their awuf finish.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by kachikapor(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2011
Actually I experienced something similar a while back, i guess first of all this means you're on the post-paid package. Anyways, It took about 6 visits to their store in Ilupeju to complain about this. Trust me, they were as shocked as I was, but while they were unable to resolve the issue that month, I was not billed for 'using the service' for that month. Other than that, I don't know what else you can do
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by pappykay1(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2011
@MCLEO am happy to here another person compailning of this i had a similar case u ar aving what i did was dat u wont get tired of calling them cus when b4 my own cld be solve it takes months fortunately for me 1 guy pick my cal 4rm customer service nd i xplain evry tin to him he then told me i REGISTERED for their 1000,000 promo dat i Y they ar deducting my money evry day (100) evry day can u imagine dat an i told the guy he shld pls remove me 4rm the promo nd the guy did imediately nd i received a txt msg say U AV BEEN EXITED THE TOP CLASS DONT FORGET."1000,000 PROMO". Dat was hw i was free. my broda. the guys name is KAYODE CUS IS MY NAMESAKE HE ATTENDED TO ME FINE ND I WAS IMPRESS. SO U KEEP TRYING DONT BE TIRED OBOY
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by kpolli(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2011
guy go to mobile network options and put off data services while roaming
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by DICKtator: 9:17am On Jun 10, 2011
Feel free now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Don't you know that they wld av to recoup all the cash they dashed tuface by any means necessary?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by MrInfo1(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2011
@op

since ur bb services r working wit ur airtime then it means u dnt have to pay 3k for bis anymore, u can just Bundle 1k for 200MB if you know what i mean undecided
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Megozuks: 10:26am On Jun 10, 2011
@poster, send QUIT to 444 so as to exit the FEEL FREE promo. Besides its not wise to use ur credit 4 data services. Get a bundle plan. Cheers.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2011
Megozuks:

@poster, send QUIT to 444 so as to exit the FEEL FREE promo. Besides its not wise to use your credit 4 data services. Get a bundle plan. Cheers.

ALL SAID.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by jadacliff(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2011
@poster ,when ur BB subscription expires ,go to manage connections on ur BB ,u will see mobile network options click it and turn off ur data service. that will stop airtel from takin ur moni or crdt, that ends ur trouble, grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by pepperoni(f): 11:06am On Jun 10, 2011
@topic, Airtel is about to go down the drain again, just yesternyt i saw on T.V staff protesting over mal-treatment by the indians and the fact that pregnant women were sacked and so many other issues, may God help dis confused Network Service Provider.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by totful: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2011
Seems am d only one enjoying der services. Just basic services though i hate der frequent alerts after every call and freq adverts via texts.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by dustydee: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2011
Oh! my airtel.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by MMM2(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
it happens only in 9ja.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by franklampard082(m): 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2011
I have the same problem. I didn't subscrbe nor apply for any promo but they kept deducting my money steadily without consultation. Ȋ̝̊̅† is usually a minute amouth like 5Kobo till ur credit is wiped out and then Ȋ̝̊̅† stops. Now I hardly recharge that line at all. I really don't know what to do eaither and am really boiling cuz of d way the zapped my 1500 credit
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Memunah(f): 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2011
my mum is experiencing same thing too,without calling she gets a message saying "Your last call was, "tried calling their customer care but they never pick it.dont even know what to do again.anyway told her to stop loading credit
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by mxxpunkxx: 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2011
i had this problem with MTN, always deducting ma credit even after subscription

i called them, i swear, those peeps, dont know nada!

just do a SECURITY WIPE

backup only your contacts and bbm (no settings plz)

. . . restore your backup

and you're good to go!
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by tcutie: 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2011
I had a similar problem with them, subscibed for a month BIS and you won't bliv I couldn't use it till it expired(not even for a day) called dem severally and dey kip posting me and snding me diff code nos, all I can say is dt they are bunch of thieves,ve given up on dem, now using etisalat so far dey are still d best.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
@all, thanks for the responses. I'm yet to recharge my line for fear of losing my money cos i already lost N700, yet i didnt activate for any promo. S o sad. embarassed I use it only for my bis.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Ubiero(f): 2:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
I had a similar problem.So when my BIS expired last month,i decided not to pay for the next month's BIS.I noticed that whenever i recharged my fone to make calls,all my msgs 'd come flooding in.When the credit is exhausted,d network goes off.And so I decided not to recharge my fone again.Instead,I'd make calls on my brothers' fone. Since then,i've been enjoying free BIS becos the network just came back on all on its own.
And so,what I'd advice first is to stop recharging your fone and see if the network would come on.And yes,i use Airtel.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
Ubiero:

I had a similar problem.So when my BIS expired last month,i decided not to pay for the next month's BIS.I noticed that whenever i recharged my fone to make calls,all my msgs 'd come flooding in.When the credit is exhausted,d network goes off.And so I decided not to recharge my fone again.Instead,I'd make calls on my brothers' fone. Since then,i've been enjoying free BIS becos the network just came back on all on its own.
And so,what I'd advice first is to stop recharging your fone and see if the network would come on.And yes,i use Airtel.

i hope it works like that for me.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by felix4real: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
@Poster: it seems u don't understand d way d service works. Once your service expires, d system automatically switches u to pay- as-you-go if you do not renew your subscription immediately and will continue to charge you because your BB messengers keeps refreshing for new messages. It's not the network's fault because they tell you once your subscription expires, renew immediately or you'll be charged 15kobo per kilobyte. If you dont want to renew all you need to do is go to your mobile network options and turn off data service and your airtime will remain.

Although most networks automatically turn off data service for your phone once your subscription expires, Airtel leaves it on under the premise that you could not subscribe immediately due to several reasons but you need data service at that point at extra cost (this assumption is on the basis that you have not renewed your subscription but did not turn off your data service). So always turn it off when you have not renewed to avoid being charged on pause you go.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by RuuDie(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
kpolli:

guy go to mobile network options and put off data services while roaming

sure about this!?

am having the same issue. . . .just did as u directed on my BBM, waiting to see the outcome. Thanks!
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
felix4real:

@Poster: it seems u don't understand d way d service works. Once your service expires, d system automatically switches u to pay- as-you-go if you do not renew your subscription immediately and will continue to charge you because your BB messengers keeps refreshing for new messages. It's not the network's fault because they tell you once your subscription expires, renew immediately or you'll be charged 15kobo per kilobyte. If you dont want to renew all you need to do is go to your mobile network options and turn off data service and your airtime will remain.

Although most networks automatically turn off data service for your phone once your subscription expires, Airtel leaves it on under the premise that you could not subscribe immediately due to several reasons but you need data service at that point at extra cost (this assumption is on the basis that you have not renewed your subscription but did not turn off your data service). So always turn it off when you have not renewed to avoid being charged on pause you go.

IN my case, my bb was still active when the issue started. Its quite arbitrary, to the point i had to have it deactivated, yet, the problem lingers on.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by mount1ng(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
Hmmmmm! Airtel steals from every of her customers. They take 1 second from every call you make. They take 60kobo or 20kobo extra from every calls her customers makes. Imagine what that amounts to. I called their customer care all they said what that they can access my log. This is OBT.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by celemel(m): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
First, I must apologize for eulogizing Airtel very early, immediately they anchored on the Nigerian market. I really thought that they were a serious bunch. Agreed, they forced most other service providers to cut tariffs, I must say, Airtel is full of wayo. I stopped using their network for calls, the very day I discovered that they always charge an extra second, for every call initiated in their network. For instance, if you make a 10 second call, which should cost 2.00 (at 2k/second), they'll deduct 2.20. There is always an extra 20k for every call. And, if you aggregate that for all the calls that are made with their lines everyday, you'd realize the millions they make from zero calls. They are foxy, cunny and "smart". For me, I returned to my good old "eti-baba" long long ago. AIRTEL may be going under soon.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
celemel:

First, I must apologize for eulogizing Airtel very early, immediately they anchored on the Nigerian market. I really thought that they were a serious bunch. Agreed, they forced most other service providers to cut tariffs, I must say, Airtel is full of wayo. I stopped using their network for calls, the very day I discovered that they always charge an extra second, for every call initiated in their network. For instance, if you make a 10 second call, which should cost 2.00 (at 2k/second), they'll deduct 2.20. There is always an extra 20k for every call. And, if you aggregate that for all the calls that are made with their lines everyday, you'd realize the millions they make from zero calls. They are foxy, cunny and "smart". For me, I returned to my good old "eti-baba" long long ago. AIRTEL may be going under soon.

Your right about etisalat. May just go back to them; only wish they have can start their 3g service.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Share Glo N2500 Data Plan For 10GB With Another Glo Number / Why Can't I Watch Online Videos With My Whole Sum Of #1,500 Bis? / E71 And Blackberry Curve 2: Which One Wil U Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.