Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance (210 Views)

These Three Church Leaders Were Bound For Hell Fire Because Of Unforgiveness / 8 Groups Of People Bound For Hell / 11 Characteristics Of A Heaven Bound Pilgrim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by anu3: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
1Cor.7.27 - Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife.

1Cor.7.28 - But if you do get married, it is not a sin. And if a young woman gets married, it is not a sin. However, I am trying to spare you the extra problems that come with marriage.

1Cor.7.29 - Now let me say this, dear brothers and sisters: The time that remains is very short, so husbands should not let marriage be their major concern.

1Cor.7.30 - Happiness or sadness or wealth should not keep anyone from doing God's work.

1Cor.7.31 - Those in frequent contact with the things of the world should make good use of them without becoming attached to them, for this world and all it contains will pass away.

1Cor.7.32 - In everything you do, I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord's work and thinking how to please him.

1Cor.7.33 - But a married man can't do that so well. He has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife.

1Cor.7.34 - His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be more devoted to the Lord in body and in spirit, while the married woman must be concerned about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband.

1Cor.7.35 - I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

1Cor.7.36 - But if a man thinks he ought to marry his fiancee because he has trouble controlling his passions and time is passing, it is all right; it is not a sin. Let them marry.

1Cor.7.37 - But if he has decided firmly not to marry and there is no urgency and he can control his passion, he does well not to marry.

1Cor.7.38 - So the person who marries does well, and the person who doesn't marry does even better.
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
anu3:
1Cor.7.27 - Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife.
What balance are you asking of? You are either single or you are not. undecided
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by Bnaira77(m): 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
Interesting topic but no comment.
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by Bnaira77(m): 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
I wonder, nice topic but I still dont understand
Kobojunkie:
What balance are you asking of? You are either single or you are not. undecided
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by anu3: 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Bnaira77:
I wonder, nice topic but I still dont understand

Friend, you know some believe it's wrong to get married or that they are special because they don't (you know a common church that restricts their main leaders from it, and are always in white or some coloured type of uniforms). While many others, in the world in general place So So much value on Marriage ignorantly.

But God says to Not marry is better... Yet to get married is still not a sin. Hence, the Balance.

God bless

1 Like

Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
anu3:

Friend, you know some believe it's wrong to get married or they are special because they don't (you know a common church that restricts their main leaders from married, and are always in white or some coloured type). While many others, in the world in general place So So much value on Marriage.

But God says to Not marry is better... Yet to get married is still not a sin. Hence, the Balance.

God bless
God never said anything of the sort. Instead go back and read from the Gospels to learn what God in fact said where marriege is concerned to learn His Truth, Jesus Christ- Matthew 5 vs 27 - 32 & Matthew 19 vs 1 - 15 & Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided

Jesus Christ taught His followers that marriage is a choice left to those of His followers who are in it or chose it. Jesus Christ never taught us that not marrying is better than marrying.... such formulations are of the minds of men and not of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by Bnaira77(m): 1:01am On Nov 28, 2021
Matthew 19 vs 10 - 12

That is why Jesus said he who loves father, child, daughter or family more than me is not worthy of me. Find the balance. Wait patiently for the Lord he has a will for us.
anu3:

Friend, you know some believe it's wrong to get married or that they are special because they don't (you know a common church that restricts their main leaders from it, and are always in white or some coloured type of uniforms). While many others, in the world in general place So So much value on Marriage ignorantly.

God bless
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by anu3: 3:53am On Nov 28, 2021
Bnaira77:
Matthew 19 vs 10 - 12

Yeah... But hope you're not trying to argue: I don't engage argumentative people.

They are the same. The same Holy Spirit inspired both parts and all the scriptures. But sometimes things are hidden from us. It's worse when we don't read and understand the passages well.

Here is the summary according to my understanding:

Married = no sin committed (but be sure to face lots of distractions)

Unmarried = better cos you'll avoid lots of distractions that comes with it.

Now, I'm personally interested in marriage; but if God's will goes otherwise, I want to be willing to get grace to give it up like Paul and Barnabas for His sake.

The balance is in God's Word; in the world is confusion and useless arguments.

Grace...
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Nov 28, 2021
anu3:

Again, you are jumping to an ungodly conclusion here about these things- God never said this is how it is for all. undecided

Here is a scenario to get you to employ your mind a bit. What distractions are there for a couple in childless marriage where the one is supportive of the other? undecided

Marriages I have admired over the years have mostly involved unbelievers, particularly those where one partner almost selflessly supports the other in fulfiling his/her dream, which then immensely benefits the union. An example I still can't get off my mind is the case of Carl and Iris Apfel . There was a documentary made of their life together before the husband passed away some years ago. undecided
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_Apfel

If unbelievers can achieve that in marriage, how much more Sons of God? undecided

The worst you will do to yourself is to shortchange yourself by following the doctrines(opinions) and traditions of men, over God's own decree. - Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by Bnaira77(m): 10:49am On Nov 28, 2021
My text dont look like I want to argue.
anu3:

You've spoke well for yourself. Do what you wish is either you get married or remain single. Period

Yeah... But hope you're not trying to argue: I don't engage argumentative people.

They are the same. The same Holy Spirit inspired both parts and all the scriptures. But sometimes things are hidden from us. It's worse when we don't read and understand the passages well.

Here is the summary according to my understanding:

Now, I'm personally interested in marriage; but if God's will goes otherwise, I want to be willing to get grace to give it up like Paul and Barnabas for His sake.

The balance is in God's Word; in the world is confusion and useless arguments.

Grace...
Re: On whether One is Bound or Loosed: What's the Balance by anu3: 11:02am On Nov 28, 2021
Bnaira77:
My text dont look like I want to argue.

Ok

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Blessed After Paying Tithes / Help Needed! Salvation From Witchcraft/satanic Groups / Jesus is Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.