Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Could We Have Taken God For Granted? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could We Have Taken God For Granted? (154 Views)

Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools / Ebony Reigns' Mortuary Video Was Taken For Spiritual Purposes – Eagle Prophet / Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could We Have Taken God For Granted? by Divoc19(f): 2:52am On Nov 28, 2021
Are you sure that in the closest closet of your heart, we won't find; evil thoughts, jealousy, unmanageable anger, unforgiving spirit, malice, hate, pride, greed, a cheating spirit, lying soul, deceitfulness, e.t.c. everything bad? The list are endless.
Because we (human) pretend to be nice and kind (hypocrisy) for people's approval, forgetting that 'We Are Never Alone' our God (creator) lives in our heart.
How then can we explain the origin of the gruesome atrocities we find around us everyday?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could We Have Taken God For Granted? by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Nov 28, 2021
Divoc19:
Are you sure that in the closest closet of your heart, we won't find; evil thoughts, jealousy, unmanageable anger, unforgiving spirit, malice, hate, pride, greed, a cheating spirit, lying soul, deceitfulness, e.t.c. everything bad? The list are endless.
Because we (human) pretend to be nice and kind (hypocrisy) for people's approval, forgetting that 'We Are Never Alone' our God (creator) lives in our heart.
How then can we explain the origin of the gruesome atrocities we find around us everyday?
I don't follow. Are you in some way suggesting that the evil perpetrated by those around us may in fact come from bad things we have stored up in our own hearts? undecided

I believe it is wrong to suggest that God lives only inside of all of us. Instead, He lives inside of those who are Sons of God - those set free from bondage to sin by the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 44 & John 14 vs 15 - 25. God is Holy and He can only live inside of Holy/Perfect vessels. undecided

1 Like

Re: Could We Have Taken God For Granted? by Divoc19(f): 3:18am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't follow. Are you in some way suggesting that the evil perpetrated by those around us may in fact come from bad things we have stored up in our own hearts? undecided
Yes. The evil we see out there is conceived and nurtured in the hearts of men before execution.

Kobojunkie:

I believe it is wrong to suggest that God lives only inside of all of us. Instead, He lives inside of those who are Sons of God - those set free from bondage to sin by the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 44 & John 14 vs 15 - 25. God is Holy and He can only live inside of Holy/Perfect vessels. undecided
I believe we are mini gods if we were created in God's image, we should have a heart. Hope you don't mean to say that people living in bondage don't hear from God. Because they do.
Re: Could We Have Taken God For Granted? by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Nov 28, 2021
Divoc19:
1.Yes. The evil we see out there is conceived and nurtured in the hearts of men before execution.

2. I believe we are mini gods if we are created in God's image, we should have a heart. Hope you don't mean to say that people living in bondage don't hear from God.
1. As a man, I am only responsible for the evil I perpetrate and not that perpetrated by others around me, right? undecided

2. Adam and Eve were the two created in the image of God. After they sinned, men were demoted from god status to sons-of-men status, at least according to the Bible. Man was cursed and that which is cursed is not of Him. And this is a major reason for Jesus Christ, to restore men to the Sons-of-God status, as the image of God, a status lost to men from the time of Adam and Eve. undecided

So, we are not born Sons of God nor are we the image of God - no man born of man has that title or status. It is only through Jesus Christ that we can each be returned back to that state lost to us from the beginning - John 8 vs 31 - 35 undecided
Re: Could We Have Taken God For Granted? by tobechi20(m): 6:42am On Nov 28, 2021
Think Good thoughts

(1) (Reply)

"To Whom Be Glory For Ever. Amen" / December To Remember / Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You Follow Your Friend For Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.